For the Fans

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Half_Bot, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Half_Bot

Half_Bot Well-Known Member

Half_Bot here letting you all know about my latest project. It is entitled "Transformers: Generations" and will be an immense three work volume chronicling the Cybertronian War from its roots to the final confrontation between Autobot and Decepticon. I have created a rough preview using Dreamwave and fan art that can be seen on YouTube.com. I would love any feedback, questions, comments, concerns because this is going to be for the fans. You can view it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfKRsICgLnQ

"Till all are one."

*PS 6-16-06- Just a little something I put together in my spare time. I intended it to be a short to garner interest in the new story I am working on but scrapped it for the newer version. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo2MVjpzUq0

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I believe that :thumb  says it all

So what inspired you to do this anyway?

And welcome to 2005

3. TrooperMaximus

TrooperMaximus TFW2K5 Sailor

Cool! I really dig the artistic licese you've taken with the art work and weaved your own story with it.

What medium are you going to use to tell your story, a similar one as your preview?

What previous projects related to Transformers have you done since this is your latest project?

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow that was good.

5. Wheels

Wheels Cammy's Boy Toy

Sweeeet.[/Cartman] :cool: 
    Can't wait to see more! :rock 

Hopefully it will be available to download, cause my video card sucks, and once the audio portion is done the video it to stops, thus mising the end portion for every YouTube. :banghead: 

6. Half_Bot

The original movie is what initially got me thinking. I loved the assault on Autobot city, probably one of my favorite thematic sequences ever. But I also have many problems with it. So I went back and rewrote the battle, but this time on a much larger scale with not only Prime coming to the rescue but also a large human coalition aiding Blaster's SOS call. I had so much fun doing I thought why not update the entire storyline and give it a fresh, grounded twist. I think fans will really like the new relationship I am giving to Prime, Magnus, and Megatron as well. I will say this, Megatron in my world is a bad a$$ and until he is modified on Earth it takes both Prime and Magnus to handle him. Also, their is going to be an intimate relationship between Prime and Magnus similar to Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, but deeper seeing as how they are the leaders of the Autobots. I could go on forever about this...

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Man, there are no words to describe this video. YOu choose some very impressive images and the Bg music it's just perfect.

BTW: those are in the movie OSt, right?

8. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Man that kicks all kinds of ass. I can't wait to see more!!

9. Beechy

Beechy Where Da Cake?

I literally got goosebumps.

10. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

That's really cool!

Just FYI...you have "Skyfire" spelled wrong.

11. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

Man that is awsome
    i apreciate the effort you have put in
    As i know what it takes to so a slide show with background music
    My wife and i spent 8 weeks making a DVD containg pics from our childhood all the way to today to celerbrate our last 5 years together and the people who made it happen.
    Scanning atleast 300 pics the adding the pics in order, adding music making sure there was no gaps,selecting a theme,correcting typo's,adding the cool effects.
    I dont think some people realise just how long even a 5 min clip can take so my hats off goes to you and you project i can't wait to see more :) 

12. Half_Bot

Thanks for the tip, I have looked at thing so many times now I guess I just see what I want.

Thanks for all the positive commentary! Just for fun here is one of the other shorts I have put together. It has some music by Tony Bacala as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo2MVjpzUq0

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
  14. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

oh forgot i like the music aswell

15. Wheels

Wheels Cammy's Boy Toy

I wouldn't say ugly, more like techno trash, but then again I like techno. :thumb 

I'd say that once it got to that part, it displaced me.
    It felt too awkward, too out of place, especially when it began elegantly with the classical music.
    The techno clashed with the first half that I felt cold with the Autobots, it didn't want me to care about then. No, I couldn't care less about the Autobots.

As for the first half with the Decepticons, excellent work, with appropriate music. Last half, the visuals were there, but the techno made it to choppy and fast, blurred and too rushed.

Harsh criticism, but hopeful constructive as well.

Can't wait to see more. :D