For people who own both Knight Morpher Commander and Cyclops...

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by JPrime, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I have the first version HoS Prime and seeing as I transform once and display, his shoulders survived the transfomation. Neat figure but nothing compared to Cyclops. Cyclops shows us that MMC is a company that is serious about growing in both size and production.

I do think a better comparison will be when the Seekers are released because they are the same size. Comparing Cyc to Prime is like comparing MP Soundwave to Voyager FOC Soundwave.

2. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

And of course this is the reason why I fear that as soon as I buy the "improved" version of HOS Prime, that MMC makes a newer, retooled and badassier version. :sly2: 

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can tell you right now, even the somewhat floppy test shot of the Seeker mold MMC displayed with us at BotCon was impressive. It was obvious that once the tolerances got fixed it will be pretty impressive.

4. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

i have the SG version KMC for sale if you're interested.

5. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

I own KM-01, KM-01X, & KM-03, love 'em all! My KM-01 is the initial production run, but KM-01X uses the improvements. However, if MMC were to redo it & make a version with KM-03 level engineering, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Don't worry about that though, go ahead & get KM-01, you won't regret it. I also recommend KM-03.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't worry about that possibility too much. MMC has enough on their plates with the HoS Seekers, Hexatron, that Nova Prime thing and I think that Insectrain is supposed to come out too.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    and don't forget PREDAKING!!!!

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah! I knew I was forgetting something...and naturally I forget the one that excites me the most.

9. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you mean modded a resin kit? I believe Griffith76 (one of the creators of MMC I think) showed us a 3D model of every pieces on sprue of KM Commander. So it looked like he built it from the ground up. Maybe he used a resin model to figure out transformation and/or where pieces go but everything was done on a 3D model program.

10. SlaveToLogic

SlaveToLogic Logic > Megatron

News Credits:
    Sorry for bumping this thread but I have Cyclops and I really want Commander.

What I understand is that the 2nd Run of KM-01 is the same mould as KM-02 Annihilator but in KM-01's colours?

Because that's the only way I'd buy one, the faults of the first run are enough of a turn off for me but if the second run fixes those than I want to track one down before they're gone.

11. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like my Annihilator better. Cyclops sculpt is a bit better, but the toy has quite a few issues. Honestly he's my least favorite of the MMC HOS and the only one I'm a bit disappointed with. Annihilator really is the better toy despite his short comings. It's also worth noting that some of the most unfortunate aspects of the sculpt are straight from the HOS drawings of Prime. If MMC redid the figure from the ground up they might find better ways to follow the spirit, but it's a great toy of a slightly flawed design.

12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I'd agree that Annihilator is the better toy. However, had MMC been in a stage like where they are today, you'll probably see more details. For example the gears in his legs are just sculpted, but based on what we've seen from the Airborne squad, those sculpted details would have been replaced with real gears.

Cyclops is ..... intricate and fragile.

13. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got annihilator over commander as the black and gold make the mold stand out so much better. I only just picked it up from cp so I've yet to transform it but I love that alt mode so much. I keep yo yoing between getting cyclops and not as he is a significant investment. But I decided a while back that I plan on completing the hos line eventually.

14. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was finally able to get time to sit down and take Annihilator out of the box today and all i can say is.....I love it!!! It is easily now one of my favourites. The detail is awesome and the black and gold/copper make it stand out. The transformation is simple and straightforward and the only minor issue i have with is is that loose shoulder but thats it. Its an awesome looking Figure.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  15. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I have a 1st run prime KMC and a 1st run Cyclops. I think the KMC is a better toy with better design. I had no QC or breakages with either one. Cyclops is just poorly designed IMO because some parts do not do what they are intended to without insane levels of patience ( eg boats bottom tabbing together ).

I bought Cyclops in a lul because I had some money and nothing else to get, it looks cool in both modes. It is not a toy - more like a display piece that looks so different from anything else it justifies ( barely ) its existence.

KMC is a fun toy that looks god in both modes.