For MST3K fans: Rifftrax!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ogami Daigoro, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

An online download service that lets you buy mp3s of Mike Nelson (and some familiar guests) commentaries on movies. Check it out! I listened to their samples of Road House, Star Trek V and X-Men and am eager to try it for myself.

http://www.rifftrax.com/index.php

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been checking it out (along with other downloadable commentaries), and...tempted. But the not-for-free part has me on the fence. :/

If you pick some up, let us know how they are! :D  I'm like, so very close to grabbing one.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Rifftrax. Anyone else try these?

I tried some of these out about a month or two ago and love them.

What are they you ask? Remember MST3K? It is that basically. It is Mike Nelson, Bill Corbet (Crow) and Kevin Murphy (Tom Servo) doing what they do best. Since MST3k Isn't on TV anymore they found a new way to do it..

Here is the site

Basically you buy an MP3 of their commentary and sync it up with the movie. Then laugh. Once you buy it, it is yours to keep.

I already bought and listened to them do:

- Star Trek V
    - X-Men
    - Matrix
    - Star Wars: Episode 1
    - Fifth Element

The Star Wars one was hilarious! Mike has done some commentary on DVDs for older movies like Reefer Madness, Night of the Living Dead, Plan 9 and House on Haunted Hill. Now he brought his buddies in on the action with Rifftrax.

I just went back to the site a few days ago and saw a good bit of new tracks to download. Now I'm getting:

- Troll 2 (Can't wait!)
    - Daredevil
    and
    - Star Trek VI

Not a bad deal for $3. I got those on DVD and can't wait to listen. lot of fun. Anyone else try these out?

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Actually, there was a several-page thread on this about 4-6 months ago. Rifftrax are badass. I got the Episode 1 track.

5. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I gotta get a copy of Battlefield Earth now that there is a rifftrax for it...

6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Heard about them from a friend and couldn't find the site... thanks for the link!

7. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    So far I've downloaded Episode 1, X-Men, and the Matrix. Next time I'll probably download either the Fifth Element or the Fellowship of the Ring.

The Matrix one was HILARIOUS. I'd go so far as to say it's the best job Mike Nelson and Co. have ever done on a movie. "Can we borrow a cup of creepy?"

The X-Men one was rather eh. Had some funny parts, but as a whole I didn't find myself laughing all that often.

The Star Wars one was somewhere in the middle. I loved the whole "city in South Dakota" thing they kept playing up throughout the riff, as well as whatever they'd say whenever those Trade Federation Chinamen-Aliens were on the screen. "It comes with-a da fee buffet!"

8. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I had this topic up a while back, but if it's dead it's dead.

I have Road House, X-Men, Star Wars Ep 1, and The Matrix. All very good, especially Road House. I've yet to get Daredevil and Reign of Fire, since I already own those movies. And I am interested in many of the other ones, especially Star Trek V and Battlefield Earth. I've heard those are just gawd-awful movies and I think I'm ready for the pain both from the movie and from the Rifftrax-induced laughter.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

We keep meaning to download some and never quite get around to it. We love MST3K though

10. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Just got done with the three new Rifftrax I bought. Troll 2 was pretty good. Daredevil and Star Trek VI were hilarious! Well worth the price.