For all the Paranormal buffs out there....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razorblaze, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone who's into the paranormal, knows of Waverly Hills Sanitorium, located here in my hometown of Louisville, Kentucky.

If anyony isn't fimilar with Waverly, here a link to get you started......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills

Every year, the current owners of Waverly allow tours of the grounds. Which cost $20 for two hours, and the funds currentilly go towards restoring the building. This year, I was able to attend such a tour, and I was excited, because I have wanted to visit this place for a really long time.:rock 

We all met up where we said we would. I managed to get my Mom to come along, due to previous paranormal experiences in the past. Soon as our motorcade turned onto the road leading up to Waverly, I could feel a charge of excitment gettin' more powerful as we approached the gate, and seein' the buliding that close once I got through the gate was mindblowing. Waverly Hills is a Godzilla size of a buliding!! Soon as I got out of the car, all I could do was just stare and take in this imense, historical, and paranormal hotbed of a buliding!!

Soon as we entered the buliding, I noticed right away that water was everywhere from the previous storm. At that point, my brain began to process how old of a building this actually was. Our tour started off with a visit to the 2nd floor Cafiteria. It was still in the process of being renovated, so there were boards, paint, and whatnot layin' around. I took a few pictures, and then the group moved on to the 3rd floor where were shown the Chapel, and I contuined to take random pictures. Also on the 3rd floor we were shown to Solarium, where patients could have their beds wheeled out to a hallway that was opened to the sunlight and fresh air. I took more random pictures as we moved onto the 4th floor, where things really got interesting.

While we were on the 4th floor, our guide told everyone to turn off their flashlights, and allow our eyes to adjust to the darkness. The reason he told us to do this was because, this is the floor where the "shadow people" are seen. Our guide then asked for someone to walk down to end of the long dark hallway. Two females beside me were first to go down together. As they walked down, the guide had told us to watch them, but to also move our eyes around in other directions. So I would watch the and move my eyes to parts of the hallway, and the various doorways that were surrounding them.

At this point, the guide had asked the two girls to stop, turn around, and stand where they were. I wasn't seeing anything yet, but I could hear one of the girls start breathing very rapidly. She then asked if she could come back, cause she said she felt someone behind her. I had a chance to speak with the girl after the tour had ended, and she had told me she felt like someone was breathing down her neck, while the other girl had told me she felt as if someone brushed past her. Anyway, back to the shadow folks. It got really interesting when another couple walked down the hallway. When they passed a couple room, the couple seemed to disappear for what seemed like a second, and a mass of some sort had moved into a room they had passed, and then they were visable again. While all this was goin' on, I also seein' small bits of white mass out of the corner of my eye.

After the couple did their stand in the hallway, they moved back towards us. And once again, they disappered fopr a second, and another mass, or the same one, came out from a room, and the couple became visable again. But, this mass was directily behind them and walking with them. I kept my mouth shut cause I didn't wanna freak them out. Soon as they were about ten feet from us, the mass was gone. I had also tlaked to them after the tour, and had asked them if they had felt or saw anything. The woman told me she felt like someone was breathing down her neck, and the man said the same. Sheein' the Shadow People was probably the most intense part of the tour, cause I know I saw them, and all other kinds of things too. I know when my eyes play tricks on me, and they have never played anything like that on me before.

We then moved onto the 5th floor/roof area. On the 5th floor, our first stop was Room 502. This is the room where stories are told of a Nurse hanging herself, because she had becom pregnet out of wedlock. Gotta remember, something like that in the 1920's and 30's was very frowned upon, and very tramatizing to the individual. There is also another story of a Nurse who had jumped to her death from Room 502, for reasons unknown. It is possiable that she had felt overwhelmed by the mounting deaths that were occouring at Waverly on a daily basis, or some sort of depression. Once again, I snapped more random pics.

When we were led out to roof, we were allowed a break to sit and smoke. Which was good, cause I needed something to help me come down from the Shadow People experience...lol. The roof area was amazing!! Aside from the cool breeze, the view from up there was awesome. I took more random pics, and also got a group shot of everyone on our tour.

After the break, we walked back down to the 1st floor, exited the buliding to go to the Body Chute aka the Death Tunnel. The tunnel itself was a little mundane, but the one thing that made it unforgetable was the it was a 400 feet walk down and up at a 45 degree angle. At the bottom, I took more pic, and took the walk back up that took "forever"!!!

After that, our tour was over. I then got to take more random pics outside of the building, talk with some other people about their thoughts or experiences from the tour.

Visiting Waverly Hills Sanitorium was an experience I'll never forget. Hopefully I can make this a yearly event, cause I'd love to do it again. I urge anybody in the Louisville, KY area, or anyone who's into the paranormal to give this place a visit. It's WORTH IT!!! Not for just a paranormal experience, but for a historical one as well.

Also, I'm going to bring Sidecutter to the next tour, so we can get some better pictures.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Wow. That sounds AWESOME! I'd love to do something like that with some of the local attractions in and around my area.

This morning, I woke up kind of early for me around 9 am. I thought I heard my Mom up since there was some rustling. The puppy was in his kennel in the family room and some mornings my Mom sits in there and quietly reads a book. I heard someone "shush" him and quietly call his name. He quieted back down.

I later found out that my Mom was not up, and neither was anyone else. We all were still in bed when it happened and I was on my computer with nothing playing.

I believe A LOT of ghostly sitings can be explained and attributed to natural and unnatural (i.e. man made) electrical and magnetic interference and disturbance. An exposure to high-energy ambient electrical fields can induce hallucinations and ghost like sitings.

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Wow. That sounds awesome! Ive seen that place on TV afew times. Very interesting stuff.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's some crazy shit...

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    if theres anything more hokey than the paranormal, its commercializing the paranormal!

;) 

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Pretty lame compared to what i have expeirenced..

7. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Pretty lame compared to what i have been through...

8. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I visited there during Botcon. Motor_Master, my husband and I drove out there the Wed. before and got onto one of the tours. Great stuff! It was raining, thundering, lightening, would have been an even better tour if we didn't have a bunch of punks SCREAMING and carrying on throughout the whole thing. Aaargh. The fourth floor is amazing! Seeing all the shadows running around like that. Don't know if it's a trick of the eye or what, but cool none the less. Also LOVE the story about the kids that broke in and couldn't get out.

Here are some of my pics:

The outside, took this pic without flash and this is what came out:

[​IMG]

One of many halls:

[​IMG]

Took this picture without flash in the hall where the white dog shows up. There was NO LIGHT when I took this shot. Have no idea what it is.

[​IMG]

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Why, it is the White Dog!

10. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Nice pics Alphie!!:thumb  The first and last ones are defentilly interesting.

And I am not commercializing the paranormal KA. I was just wanted to share my experience with the place. I'm simpily intrigued with the history and activity of the place. If you're a skeptic of the paranormal, that's fine and you have your rights to express your opinions. But please express them in a mature and professional manner.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i have to express my opinion professionally here?! o_O 

its cool dude, glad you enjoyed ghots house trip thingie, i'm just wary of ppl who exploit stuff like this for commercial gain, not the dudes who pay for it, like what you did.

but i guess when you buy books to read abt em is the same thing, eh?

12. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Dude, I would love to go there! It sounds like a lot of fun.

Edit..Great pics Alphie.

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
  14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Ok, but they have pics and stories. Do you?

15. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I've been to the following bridge twice. The first time filled me with absolute terror that I couldn't even get my car to the bridge. The second time I stopped on the bridge but me and the 4 girls I was with quickly decided to leave. My camera stopped working, otherwise I'd have pictures of it back in the day. Enjoy the stories of "Third Bridge" ... or as others call it, "Ghost Bridge", or the "Exit of Hell". The scariest shit is the drums and how they follow you.

http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_may03_som.htm
    http://www.dpenndragon.com/V_733.html (images, sounds)

Scary, scary shit.

16. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Thx for sharing this. You got me wanting there bad, and its not to, to far away frome where I live.. Share some pics if you have any..

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Thats awesome man I'd love to take that tour sometime. And Alphie, that pic of the hallway seemed to be moving farther and farther away from me on my computerscreen...it was creppy and gave me a chill! :lol 

They should have walkthoughs of this place one of my buddies lived at a couple years ago...I never fully beleived in paranormal things until I saw a bunch of stuff there that night...plus other things went on, like his girlfriend being posessed, and other people seeing things...it was insane.

Edit: Kickback, those sites gave me chills too. Jesus, thats is indeed scary shit.

18. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I smoked with the ghost of Duane Allman in Rose Hill Cemetery one night.

And just to piss off DC...
    [​IMG]

19. cowscows527

cowscows527 Well-Known Member

I believe in some ghost stories. I'll admit that a huge portion of them can be explained as false. The person may not have been faking it, but it could have been tricks of light, etc that made the person think paranormal stuff happened.

There is a small portion of them that I believe, like my neighbors house. I don't have any photos but that place was messed. Books/etc would constantly throw themselves of shelves and every now and then you could leave the room for less than a minute, turn back, and everything was piled in a tower in the center of the room. There was also a time where a sharp metal spike was hammered into a door + frame to keep it from opening. The room didn't have any other exits (basically a closet for the fusebox and whatnot) and the spike was on the inside.

Eventually a huge fire broke out. The heat was so intense that absolutely nothing survived except a thin piece of paper. It said "Don't put some much value on material posessions". It just hung on the wall, perfectly untouched, even though the wall was burned to the point of collapsing.

You don't have to believe me, but I definately believe what me and my family claim to have seem.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I totally beleive you man, thats one crazy story. I agree, some things can definitely be explained, but I certainly know from firsthand experience there are some things beyond your understanding...both good and bad. Creepy. Thanks guys, now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!:lolol