For all the Beast Wars Experts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grimlock_13, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

How is that? What's the story on that?

2. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I think it was revealed in an interview with either Bob or Larry, but again, since it never made it to the screen it doesn't need to be adhered to.

3. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

Not just that.. but it appears they altered Rattrap and Megatron's original heads (Season 1) and other one looks like Transmutate, if not, I don't know what else.

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Great thread.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Swarm only consumed Mechanical life-forms. Humans werent effected.

How is being released by a (then)fan-run convention make it an official release? Simon wrote the bio for TFauctions.com's mascot, but that doesnt make him official either.

6. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you say that the convention comics aren't any more official than fan fiction than the convention exclusive figures are nothing more than kitbashes. Didn't Hasbro put the okay on those stories?

As for Tarantulas, either way being decended from the second generation Decepticons or Unicron, I would love to hear more stories about it. IDW, make Beast Wars monthly. Or even weekly. :D 

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

If you go by Cartoon continuity only. The Tripedacus council are more likely Quintesson agents.

Remember RID Bruticus ,which was meant for BM, in robot mode had three faces of the Tripedacus council.

If BM had not ended in two seasons and the toy was introduced as a character it would probably represent the missing Predacons in the story.

In the Marvel UK comic the Quintessons are Spawns of Unicron.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Furman's "Transformers Ultimate Guide" book from DK publishing states that Tarantulas has "Dark Science" links that connect back to Unicron, though it doesn't specifically state that Tarant was directly or indirectly spawned by Unicron.

So that clears it up! :) 

9. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

That was my take as well, but for whatever reason, one of the BW producers (I want to say Forward) was pushing the scenario that the Swarm devoured our entire species, and then after their enlightenment felt exceptional remorse and devoted themselves to the protection of the universe or something. Been awhile since I watched the interview.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    There's a lot more info behind this then I thought...thanks for everyone who have been participating it's a big help.

11. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I think the "Reaching the Omega Point" comics were released when Botcon was just a fan run convention, but "Wreckers", "Universe" and "Primeval Dawn" were released back when 3H had the license, so I'm guessing that makes those comics as official (licensor approved) as the stuff published by Marvel, Dreamwave and IDW.

-airfox