For all Mankind comic *Spoilers?*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by MTME, Aug 20, 2010.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I skimmed through a transformer comic today at the store, a long one called For All Mankind. I didn't have time to really look too much into (thanks to my 5 year old and husband) but its $20 bucks and Ironhide dies in the beginning and Optimus Prime leaves and something. What continuity does this take place in, it looks G1ish but the designs are different. Is this IDW publishing? Can anyone tell me more about it or if it is worth getting.
    I don't really know a lot about the comics, the only ones I have are Alliance and Defiance

2. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    It's the new ongoing series by IDW set in their G1 continuity, which is different from the Cartoon, Marvel, and Dreamwave continuities. I haven't actually read it yet aside from previews and what some have said about it but from what I've heard it's kinda so-so

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    It's the IDW G1 continuity. What you were looking at is the trade for the first 6 issues (the first story arc). The designs are more detailed and industrial looking (people label them movie style but that's not the case if you actually compare the two - "movie style" has become the fan boy way of saying "shit" - which the new designs aren't).

While the character art is pretty the human art and backgrounds aren't that good, and the writing trundles along unsatisfactorily. It's not essential reading although it is reasonably amusing

4. Juggalo_Prime

Juggalo_Prime Planeswalker

the new idw comic is fantastic in my opinion. i just read the second part, transformers bumblebee, and loved it. i recommend reading it more

5. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

I thought the term is "Bayformers":inquisiti 

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

It's part of IDW's G1 comic-verse. I picked up the same TPB awhile back at Border's and just finished reading it. Kinda interesting.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I picked the TPB up myself last week, since I started reading the ongoing and stopped after issue 3..wanted to see the story end.

Not a really good comic, but it has a sort of fun twist in the finale.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I bought the TPB awhile ago...I like the story, but not Don's new art style.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm following the current story run that follows along from that collection (same writer) and I have to say I'm really NOT enjoying it. I find that there's very little going on. The story is stretched pretty thin, and offers little to no insight into the characters. I would rate it a resounding "MEH", and it only gets worse after that.

zmog

10. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Then you obviously haven't read issue 8 yet.