For all going to BotCon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Brodimus Prime, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    I know that probably everyone will be there, but I was wondering who all might be going. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Probably will wear that typical Megatron club shirt the first day, then the Optimus Dreamwave club shirt the second day, wearing my blue backpack with an Autobot pin on it both days.

Would a group of folks want to get together around the end of the day's activities on Saturday for a drink or dinner? I'd say a lot of guys will try to hook up with friends from the internets. I for one will be there with about 5 of my friends. Maybe a group of us can PM each other our cell numbers and have a get-together one day this weekend.

One other topic for the thread, how much do you see yourself spending this weekend? I'm taking about $500, hoping to get Victory Leo, Leokaiser, and a few others.

Anyway, see you guys in Lex Vegas (as they say here in Kentucky)!

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'd love to say yes, but I can't :( 

Since I'm a Primus package holder, I'll be at the awards dinner on Saturday

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    DITTO

After the awards dinner Im sure there will be much celebrating in the hotel bar.

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Awards dinner is only running until 10pm, I think. Plenty of time to do stuff afterwards. :D 

5. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Oh yeah I forgot about the dinner. Hopefully I'll still be around Lex at 10. I'll be sure to stop by the site's table at the dealer room on Saturday though.

6. Shaun_C

Hell for the first time in over a decade I may sample a beer. Granted it'll be non-alcoholic. But a beer's a beer :D 

BTW M_M you keep your hands to yourself boy. Better not catch you trying none of that "reach around" nonsense :p 

Please Kentucky's on the same time zone as Winnipeg. So I don't sleep till 1am most days. Plus I'm a morning person anyway :D 

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Man, I forgot about the awards dinner. What all goes on at that? You see, I kinda have a date Saturday night and I don't wanna blow the girl off for the dinner if it sucks. I'd just bring her to it, except I just met her and don't know if she likes TFs, plus she's not a Primus Package holder, so she can't get in. :p 

8. Shaun_C

IG you're a regular playa' aren't you old man? ;) 

The dinner's a buffet this year and what goes on is awards are given to the contest winners. Last year 1 person from every table got an Alternator, so who knows what the give away will be this year

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's like...fancy hotel food, incredible difficulties if you don't want what's given (not a FP thing, it's been like that since I remember), words from the organizers + guests, and prizes given to the winners of the art contest categories. Last year there was also a giftwrapped Alternator at each table, with one person at said table winning it in a draw or something.

To be honest, you're likely just missing out on possible gourmet-ish food and some anecdotes, if you're not entering the art contest. And like, maybe a door prize? I'd say stick to the date myself. :)  If there's a dinner exclusive I'm very sure you can get ahold of it after the fact, just check with the organizers beforehand.

I also find myself recalling from...I think Botcon '01 or '02, this small group of late-teen guys who took their girlfriends to the dinner. The guys all looked overcompensating-smiles, the girls looked irritated. :lol  Was an amusing visual.

*edit*
    Didn't know about the buffet, but <3 to that.

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I will be there, but I will be drunk almost from the second I walk in the door. I plan to waste no time.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm a Primus package...does my wife's Minicon package get her in to the dinner?

*EDIT: She's in, found it on the Botcon site. Thank God, I don't know how I would have dealt with telling her to wait in the hotel room...

Also, have they served booze at the dinner in the past, and if so, is it sorta that one glass of wine or is there a bar in the banquet hall?

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I saw you there tonight, and you didn't look so drunk. Then again, you may fake it really well ( you know, for cops )....