For A Possible Reboot, What Do You Want Carried Over?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chopperface, Jun 2, 2010.

1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Unless they completely re-start the series from a new perspective. Or do some kind of prequel, Hearts of Steel style.

I'm glad that they're going to be closing off the Transformers movie trilogy. I really don't want to see what happened with Pirates of the Caribbean happen with Transformers.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing Bay does that I will miss is connecting the Transformer robots with the history of the technological achievement that made their vehicle modes possible. Such as the Hoover Dam in movie 1, the Air and Space museum in movie 2, and now visiting the history of spaceflight in movie 3. Bay is not the greatest director and I think a new take on TFs could be awesome, but I have a feeling that most other directors aren't as fascinated by this history, which I think gives the films something welcome and unique.

3. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    There will be more films at some point... theseries is too big and too profitable for them to keep it silenced... id say with 3-5 years we get more films after the third one

4. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

I don't hate the First movie that Bay put out, and if three at least lives up to that then i will be happy with it, the Cartoon had its B.O.T. and the live action franchise has the Revenge of the Fallen.

I would like to see Hasbro develop an over all arc like what Marvel studios has done with the Ironman/2Incredible hulk/Thor/Captain America/Avengers concept. Except instead of building up to one massive crossover.. just get several different directors to do films that fit into this over all arc.

That being said there is really no reason to do away with Bay's movies, but plenty of reason and room to improve upon them. I'd like to see the scripts take precedence over empty spectacle. A movie can still be an action movie and not have constant explosions and shakey cam.

I'd really like to see people like Luc Besson, Louise Letterier, Corey Yuen or Alfonso Cauron take a crack at it. In other words, directors with distinct styles of film making, much like Bay. I'd love to see a movie set on pre-war Cybertron done by Besson. parts of the Fifth Element are great like the hover taxi chase and the images of future earth are clearly evocative of an alien world. Or a movie set on earth about bumblebee dodging decepticons and Sector seven with driving stunts like the Transporter series. A movie set about an all out war between the Autobots/Humans and Decepticons with wide long tracking shots like Children of Men. and battle scenes more reminiscent of Black Hawk Down or to see the Battle of Mission City rendered in clear steady shots like the gun battle in Micheal Mann's HEAT. I'd also really like to see a future transformers take place in Japan to reflect the duel nationality of the franchise itself.

All of those are things I'd like to see, but more importantly I want all of the characters Human and Robot to be given depth and respect as individuals. I want to know more about Lennox's relationship to his new daughter beyond her farts. I want to see Tyresse given more than marketable one liners. I want to see the doubt and second guessing that made Optimus Prime a great commander, he should be Eisenhower to Ironhide's Patton. See the scheming Megatron, and the Devious Starscream, and the fact that all the decepticons hate Soundwave.

I really think that if Hasbro simply takes what they have now and builds on it, that Transformers could easily become a franchise like Bond.