For A Possible Reboot, What Do You Want Carried Over?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chopperface, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I kind of wonder if maybe it doesn't have a bit to do with Bay doesn't seem to all that much into the butt kicking female characters. He's done a lot of films but there just aren't that many female characters who kick the same level of butt that their male counterparts do. Until Transformers it was mostly the guys do the fighting and the girls look pretty.

Perhaps if the films had been directed by Joss Whedon we'd end up with lots of female Autobots and Decepticons because he's one of those directors that likes the female characters who can carry their own in a fight.

2. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

The Matrix.

My favorite TF related mcguffin ever. But the awesome version that's kept in Primes chest not the lame movie version that looks all twisty.

Also a better version of Spike and the rest of the Cybertronian cast.

Michale Bay wouldn't be bad as a pyrotechnic consultant or supervisor but other than that he can go.

Optimus can keep his movie alt mode but his bot mode needs a few alterations. And the flames can go to hell. It's like they asked a 12 year old what he thought would look cool. It's the tackiest thing ever, especially for Optimus Prime.

Keep the flames on Hot Rod where they belong.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Yes, YES! I strongly agree with you in that it would be great if he was carried over into a new cartoon series and have the same form, etc. :D 

4. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Hmmmm... I'd like to see kept:
    1. A "divide" between the two sides' designs. More monstrous/inhuman Decepticons, and more human Autobots. Maybe take it a little further, and have the 'Cons be more angular and the 'Bots be rounded.
    2. Solid writers, like Orci and Kurtzman. Not sure about Kruger, we'll see how well he works without Bay hijacking the movie due to a Writer's Strike.
    3. A sense of wonder, like the first film. The Arrival To Earth scene is what made the film, gave it its heart.
    4. Steve Jablonsky. Just... Steve Jablonsky.
    5. Monstrous-looking Combiners. Other than the wrecking balls, Devvy has one of the best Combiner designs ever.
    6. Barricade. Because he's awesome.
    7. More Decepticons than Autobots.

Things I'd like to see left behind
    1. The "humor." Some of it was good, but all the crude humor felt like it belonged in a Seltzer and Freidberg "parody," not an actual TF movie.
    2. The crappy leading ladies. Megan Fox just isn't as attractive as, Rachel Taylor, and can't act worth a damn.

Things I'd like to see brought in
    1. A younger human protagonist. It would add a sense of wonder, seeing a little kid be the one to befriend the TFs. Think Sari, and how well she worked.
    2. A slightly different aesthetic. Still alien, but something in between WfC and Animated.
    3. Bulkhead and Prowl. Prowl, of course, would be a bike.
    4. Shockwave, Shockwave, Shockwave. He's probably my favorite G1 Decepticon ever, and yet he never really appeared in the movies. He'd be Megs' second-in-command instead of Screamer... And would be more like comics Shockwave than G1 or TFA Shockwave.
    5. Soundwave as a Scion. Or a stealth fighter. Give him more of a role.
    6. Keith David must voice Barricade. They really missed an opportunity with the first movie.
    7. A younger, conflicted Starscreasm, like Armada 'Screamer.
    8. A Bumblebee that can talk, like TFA BB.
    9. J.J. Abrams as director.
    10. Lugnut. The Decepticons need a big, hulking menace, and as much as I like Blackout, Megs will need a loyal 'Con in this film...
    11. A less violent Optimus Prime. Maybe have him be younger and less experienced...

5. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

I want the characters to be closer to their g1 selves so you can at least recognize all of them this time. Frank Welker as Megs FTW! Oh and Mr. Cullen but you knew that. ;) 

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Sounds like you want an Animated live action movie. :)  I love Animated too, but I don't think Hollywood will go for a little kid protagonist. They have to have a teenager or young adult so the leading love interest can be a hottie. :rolleyes:  Hollywood...

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That would be a nice plus if you could watch a film and know who a character is before anyone says their name. That nice little bonus of being a fan before Hollywood decided to make a movie.

With Prime in the film there are enough elements from past Optimus Prime characters that he doesn't have to say "I am Optimus Prime." to know it is him. So many of the other robots even after they say who they are I still had to say are you sure. I've had a lot better luck naming off War for Cybertron characters than I have of naming off movie characters without a name plate.

8. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    I think the racism, sexism shots of nearly naked middle-aged men and gratuitous use of the word pussy have all become an integral part of the cannon. Oh, and urine. It needs to have lots and lots of urine.

9. Spin-Out

Yeah. I did add a few things from other canons. Barricade, a possible stealth fighter Soundwave, a conflicted-yet-honorable Starscream like in Armada, a logical traitor Shockwave, and other stuff I haven't thought about.

10. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    TF: Beast Wars

Im thinking that a reboot might be too soon, but what about BW? Have it be like that movie 10000BC but with fuckin robots.....awesome..... With the Vox and all the Alien Tech, with Energon. Great movie right there....

11. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What Should Stay
    *Movie Prime Swords
    *Keep Shia, Ron, and the Army dudes.... NO ONE ELSE
    *Starscream and Megatron Relationship
    *Keep Movie Prime but without the flames
    *Peter Cullen
    *Movie Devastator without his "Balls"
    *Keep The Fallen, Grindor but make him do more than he did
    *Keep the Decepticons personalities how they are (Completely evil)
    What should be removed(And maybe replace)
    *Fix some of the faces of some Transformers like Megatron's face and make it look G1ish or Animated with a more real life look
    *Hugo Weaving goes and Frank welker or someone who could do a G1 Megatron voice comes in and Voice movie Megatron
    *Give Megatron a dam Fusion cannon!
    *Give Starscream Skywarp and Thundercracker to command.
    *Give all the transformers colors.
    *Don't have 2 of the same Transformers only if they are the Insecticons or different colored seekers!
    *Just give all the Transformers colors.... MOSTLY STARSCREAM because that color is too dam normal!
    *Megatron doesn't listen to the fallen but they become partners.
    *MAKE SOUNDWAVE ALOT MORE THEN HE DID!
    And I will be a happy person... =-)

12. Spin-Out

... Has anyone even heard the state of Welker's Megatron voice? It hasn't aged well, guys.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    ^ Yeah, I'm not for Welker back as Megatron either. It's cool to see a VA reprise their role, but Welker's Megatron voice went down the toilet.

And there's already been craploads of threads about Welker for Megatron. MaxLinden started one himself in the WFC forum... not trying to call you out, but just saying the truth.

I'd still want Welker as Soundwave and the animal-formers.

14. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I would love it if the reboot could take place in 1984.

How awesome would that be?!?!?!

It worked for Watchmen.

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Carryovers to the reboot have to be BB, Prime, Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave. They are very popular, and I can't imagine the franchise without them.
    They need to have less alien designs, but keep them realistic, more like Don Figueroa's new style. The weaponry of the Movie TF's can stay, since weapons aren't too iconic and can be changed quite easily. I can imagine a G1 Starscream with the missile launchers of the movie version.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I lol'd. :lol 

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did that, only it was his entire f**king arm! :bay 

18. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'd really like them to carry over the aesthetic designs of the Transformers themselves.

I know a lot of people don't like the way Bayformers are designed, but I absolutely love it. I love the complexity and alien beauty of them. When I see the Transformers, I feel a sense of awe at how advanced their designs are.
    Oh, and the way they transform is great too. Keep that.

19. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

The 80's were the end of the cold war, people were paranoid. TF's were perfect for that time. TF as a 80's period piece would be cool.

P.S. Get rid of the crude humor, I think that's the one thing ALL TF fans can agree on.

20. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    I knew TF3 was going to be the last in the series! Now we know for sure that Bay as far as he's concerned is done with it. If they go the reboot route, i predict a 5-8 year gap between part 3 and the next one.