For A Possible Reboot, What Do You Want Carried Over?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chopperface, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I think the Bayfilms will meet their end here on Transformers 3, and with Hasbro loving the taste of a multimedia film franchise, there'll likely be a reboot of Transformers. Hypothetically, this scenario is not unlikely.

I have loved the films, and I certainly want some elements of them to be carried over into the reboot.

Examples include:

*Peter Cullen as Prime and Welker as various voices
    *The writing crew respects the fans and the brand's history, like Kruger, Orci and Kurtzman
    *The alien, complex look of the films
    *A good first film to get the franchise off the ground
    *A good second man to the films, like Spielberg

I can't really imagine a Transformers movie now without Peter Cullen or a decent, respectful writing crew.

What elements would you like to carry over from the films right now into a possilbe reboot?

2. edsonbarron

edsonbarron Well-Known Member

another scene were prime beats the Scrap out of megatron stasrscream and grindor, except this time, make it galvatron , starscream, and shockwave :)  , but instead of dying, he kills shockwave, then gets almoast beaten by galvatron, which then starscream turns his back on him, and then galvatron kills starscream, so its just prime vs. galvatron :D  . haha yeah sorry went crazy there, but what i think should be carried over is some of the alternate modes, such as starscreams and primes, and bumlblebees, they got nice alt. modes.

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    If a reboot is well underway I don't honestly don't know what to say about it right now.

I will say this, I love transformers simply because of their complex and beautiful designs, so as long as there are robots I guess it's fine, I mean I don't think Spielberg, Bay or the rest of the people in production will like the idea of staying to see how many more sequels are made. Like imagine if transformers did what as many sequels as Harry Potter?

Another thing to note is that TF is expensive to make, I'm not sure on the numbers but it's likely to be the most complex, so if TF3 is then end it would make sense. Who knows what is in Bay's head about TF, truthfully, does he love it? Is he willing to continue directing more of them?

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    No Bay
    Spielberg and Lucas team up
    A true total reboot
    The hirings of three legends, Gary Chalk, David Kaye, and Scott McNeil

Oh yeah my favorite part, Maximals and Predacons. Then in the other two movies add in the Vehicons and another group to aid the Maximals on defending Earth and Cybertron.

Then a few years after that do something for the A/E/C fans.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    ...They've only jsut started filming number three. A reboot hasn't even been considered yet.

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have Peter Cullen
    Bay in charge of demolitions AND ONLY DEMOLITIONS!!!!
    Id keep the movie designs
    and I would be the writer
    I would have JJ Abrams as Director

and BOOM! Instant perfection!

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The only three things I can think of that should be carried over are Peter Cullen, ILM, and the feel of the robots being hidden under our noses.

Cullen just brings something to Prime that works so well. Really a great voice actor who hits on a ton of personality with the lines he is given.

Really don't want the same designs, but ILM does a great job with the lighting on the robots and all the details that make the robots look like they are on the set rather than CGI tacked on.

The first movie feel that the robots could be anything anywhere anytime. First film did a great job of robots in disguise but the second film just threw that feeling right out of the window.

Other than that I'd scrap everything else. Find a team that can give us Decepticons that are kicking everything's butt and the Autobots must rise up as great heroes because nothing on Earth can stop the Decepticons.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    The constant internet bickering!!!

9. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

I would keep all the NO's from tf1 and tf2...no?

10. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

I would want:
    -Peter Cullen as Prime
    -The designs of the Transformers: Prime (we'll have to see how they turn out)
    -Instead of Bumblebee it should be Hotshot or Hot Rod,
    -Wheeljack, Prowl (if we aren't getting them in the 3rd movie)
    -Prime should keep the same truck mode minus the flames

11. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

The problem with Bay's movies is not the conception, it is the execution. People don't like the way the movies are executed once fully conceptualized. I say with a different director things would go fine.

12. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

What would I keep? Not very damn much...
    * I'd keep Cullen around, though not necessarily as Optimus -- maybe as Ironhide instead. I did like Welker's Claw voice for Soundwave, so that I might bring back too.
    * In terms of the robot designs...I'd probably retain some of the wackier non-humanoid motifs (uni-wheels for feet, haunches, etc.) and the color range of the paint jobs from the first movie - meaning primary colors and neutrals or camos; no pinks, lime greens, etc.
    * A Witwicky as the main human protagonist.
    * The "updated" mentality of some of the alt-modes (Bumblebee, Soundwave, Megatron, etc.).
    * Little or no mass-shifting (I wouldn't be as inclined to 'cheat' as Bay is).
    * The showcasing of military hardware in use against the robots.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yes.

Also the designs. I know it probably won't, since a reboot would want to cement itself as a seperate continuity, but damn, I have a hard time visualizing any other design asthetic that would look as good on the big screen.

14. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

Although a reboot is unlikely to happen, i would keep Cullen as Prime, it's a must. But lose Bay and the "yeah just throw that in there" approach to making the movies. But this thread is about what you would carry over, not what you wouldn't so like I said, keep Cullen.

15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I would discard just about everything.

I can think of barely a thing out of everything the movies have contributed that might be worth revisiting at some point in time. Lets see(things I like): appliance bots, Barricade, Dispensor. But not for a reboot, not anytime soon.

I would of course keep core characters like Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee, Starscream. Beyond that I'd want a clean break. I'd go back to square one. Which is not necessarily G1, but that would be one starting point to draw from.

16. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

KEEP the MOVIE DESIGNS...the general public is used too them they must stay..plus I like them..so keep the same CGI & design crew

Peter Cullen as Prime

Shia Labeouf as Sam if possible

keep lennox & epps

basically what i want new is.. a great writing crew and a new director

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    that wouldn't be a reboot.

18. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Well ILM has to stay or this movie or any other doesnt float. IF the robots dont look real everyone will have to focus on the plot which to this point has been neither a fan service or terribly interesting.

Honestly can only watch the film for how beautiful the cgi is.

For the love of god no one else other than Cullen for Prime there really just is no other voice to personify him better.

Megan F.... ohhh nevermind shes gone lol

I genuinely cant say there is much more that I can like after that. Im really trying to think what could there be but prime is pretty much as close as I can get to wanting the designs to come back. Bumblebees face was cool but the rest of him just was not to my aesthetic i liked.

Honestly I could have cared less if the damn things even some what looked like the transformed instead of morphing. So god damn annoying that we dont have actual transformations in a transformers movie. Prime never transforms the same each time.

OH OH Bonecrusher .... I was so pissed when he got all of 10 seconds of film time. Black out can come back too but call him vortex and how about a line or two ?

after that I would be hard pressed to say much of the rest is enjoyable enough to go through another 3 movies with .

19. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I'd want exponentially less focus on human characters. Hell, I'd actually like CG movies. CG movies make bank every year, how about a Transformers film with a hugely talented voice cast given the same love and care that a Toy Story or Shrek film is given?

In fact, PG rated CG films is the best direction the series could go to bring back the fun of G1, Beast Wars, RID, etc.

Just my opinion.

20. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

- Cullen as Optimus and Welker as Soundwave and maybe even as Megatron this time around.
    - The general aesthetic of the TF's, though still redesign a few characters within those parameters.
    - A Witwicky protaganist