Foolish buyers, damn you!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Alex5, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Well I was seconds away from a decent price Crystal Convoy Transformers Henkei Crystal Clear Convoy Tokyo Toy Fair on eBay, also Transformers, Transformers Robots, Action Figures, Toys Hobbies (end time 14-Oct-08 15:52:55 BST) (it wasn't going ultra cheap even), but then I am outbid by over x2 the value of the item... somebody thought they were getting two Convoys here (like the photo)... not just 1 as per the actual listing. Bloody idiots! Cost me a good priced toy! Well enjoy the bargain...

2. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Looks like the winning bidder asked for 2 of them and won 2 of them to me.

I was watching that listing as well, not because I wanted the item, it is too expensive for me to even consider buying, but out of curiosity.

3. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

But I can BIN clear convoys for $150? Why would anybody pay $250 for something they can get for almost half that? He's paid that per figure, not $250 for the two...

4. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Yup - you are right. The buyer appears to have lost control of his wallet and perhaps his senses ;) 

5. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Well I got one anyway for less than my max bid on that auction >wallet implodes< but there is something I don't understand, having checked out the bidders list on that auction again.
    My max bid was $139, and I appear to have had the second highest bid (I did a poor sniping effort, sorry people, anyway I was the high bidder >5 seconds from the closeout). I bid on one item of the two available, the seller had two convoys in the pic, but auction listing (and seller following a q) confirmed each lot was for one convoy only.
    Auction was won for $241 list price, and the winner bid on both of the two available lots, which AFAIK means 2x $241.

Here's what I don't get, surely the increment that would have been required to outbid me is $5, which means $145 to outbid me... not $241?
    More puzzling, $241 is not enough to outbid me on the second lot if that was indeed the total price for both lots (which I am sure it is not). 2x $145 is $290...?

So how'd it get to $241 if I show as the second highest bid?

I've been ebaying since 2003 but if there is something I am missing here I would love to learn :D 

Fianlly, apologies to the guy who won if you frequent these boards... thread title was a bit kneejerk lol, sorry dude :D  I meant it with reference to people diving in not reading the listing fully...

6. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Some people REALLY don't have a clue.....:crazy:  :drunk  :lolol 

7. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    Don't forget, it takes TWO IDIOTS to get the bid up.

:lolol 

8. mecha

mecha Banned

QFT!!!

9. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    it happens often........