Food for thought

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mako Crab, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RotF was all about Sam and Mikaela finally realizing their true love for each other. Big epic moment at the end of the movie where Sam has a near-death experience and comes back with a renewed love for Mikaela. Big payoff. Yay!

But then DotM shows us that very shortly after the events of RotF, he was already hooking up with Carly. Like- right after receiving a medal for his heroic actions in RotF, he meets Carly and Mikaela is a distant memory.

So how long after RotF did Sam meet Carly? A week? Maybe two? Really touching love story, that. *snarky snark!*

2. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats weird.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Young love; it can be very fickle.

4. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Reason- Megan Fox was fired. No other explanation.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I was just thinking with the films being heavily about Sam what do they do with a 4th film? Do you pull a James Bond or a Doctor Who and have different actor play the part or do you hope they can sell the series on a brand new human main character?

6. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also want to know why she ditched her dog man wtf is up with that.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Once Sam noticed her toe-thumbs, he just couldn't stop looking at them and it pretty much doomed the relationship.

But honestly? It could have been as long as 1-5 years between when he dated Mikela and when he met Carly, given he was just starting college in ROTF. But since it implies in the film that they met during his presidential award, that could have been much closer to the 1-2 year mark (though the award's date is never officially stated, I don't think), so he could have actually met Carly while he was dating Mikela.

8. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

Big joint og mixed with hash in it.

9. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I know many examples of people who found each other in youth and checked their feelings in some critical circumstances and remain together forever. And this is one of the best families I've ever seen. I do not think that the love of Sam and Mikaela is example of usual teenage love. They risked for each other, sacrificed his fate, changed for each other. A lot of my romantic friends who love all kinds of touching series, expect to see a continuation Sam/Mikaela's relationship, how they begin adult life and their great love, tested by Death, even win the madding crowd.
    I do not believe that Mikaela was gone (as Alan Grant (Jurassic Park), who did not believe that dinosaurs died :D ), she just evolved into Carly. Changing only the actress. The girl is the same. "Floral-banquet period" happens with all women, it could begin with Michaela too.
    But maybe Mikaela could gone literally (prison or something worse) and how people say, holy place is never empty :)  Sam just couldn't remain alone.