Follow The Transformers the Movie Tomatometer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got a call from my sister who saw the movie. She HATES anything cartoon and doesn't like sci fi all that much, and she said she LOVED it. Couldn't say enough good things about it especially the military aspect of the movie. So I have increased hopes now.

2. Shokara

Shokara Well-Known Member

Just got back from the movie. Good lord am I glad to have expected shit, because this movie was far and away the opposite. Pure awesomeness. Mind you this movie can be pretty doofy. It's in no way dark and harsh. It's very light, but man is it fun and entertaining. I take back all the complaints about Bay handling this. He -did- it. Can't wait for TF2 now. :rock 

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Currently at 60% with critics, so just barely Fresh. However, that is a (significantly) higher rating than Pirates 3, Shrek 3, Evan Almighty and FF2...and it's very close to the same rating as Emo Spider-Man.

Wow, that basically sums up damn near every negative review I've read, even the short negative snippets that are up on RottenTomates.

4. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

Rotten Tomatoes doesn't have their own review staff. They collect reviews from high-profile websites and newspapers, and offer an overall rating. Most regular users have a favorite reviewer, or at least a reviewer that they trust.

The Cream of the Crop is what you should be looking at. They're your "real" reviewers. Your Roger Eberts, Richard Roepers, etc... They seem to enjoy the movie. As a matter of fact, being a regular there, I've never seen such a big gap between the general consensus and the cream of the crop reviews.

5. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    I'll make my own jugment. Ha!!!
    Someone else telling me if I like something or not.:rolleyes2 

6. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    While the difference has dwindled a bit, I actually noticed that today. RT even commented on the disparity on their homepage.

7. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

Could you link me to this comment, please? I can't seem to find it.

8. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

I love the way when the critics slam a movie most of you haven't even seen and has such dodgy attributes as being directed by Michael Bay, you presume based on that alone, that the Critics are all corrupt and they couldn't possibly be telling the truth.

It does show the sheer level of apologism there is for the movie on this board. There's going to be a lot of denial over the next few days when people discover the movie isn't as good as it's made up to be.

The User% is useless until at least tomorrow, by the way, and there's only a 9% disparity between Cream of the crop and the rest of the reviews - both could drop further.

9. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Most people on the board have seen the film.

10. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Or when they discover it's better then they thought it would be.

Movie opened last night, for lots of places. Check out the movie disscussion forum, lots of reviews.

11. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Currently at 61%, with 87 reviews currently in.
    Cream of the Crop reviews (The 'real' critics) have it at 69%
    User's rating at 88%

What I find interesting is that most of the reviews, even the positive ones say exactly the same thing. Dont go into it for the plot, go into it for the scenes of giant robots kicking the crap out of each other. Whether it's a positive or negative review seems to be based on whether the reviewer thinks the action scenes outweigh the essential lack of a serious plot. Considering I LOVE action scenes, I know which way I'd lean. :D 

12. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

You mean isn't as good as you want it to be (how could it?)?

Don't you dare suggest I'll be an apologist for something as trivial as a Hollywood movie in which I have nothing invested. Even you can't think I'm that shallow.... can you?

Could you please stop turning everyhing into a snide blanket insult against those who actually like the film (you know, the ones you regard as such bullies because they keep 'ganging up' on you.)? It was tired when you started doing it and isn't getting any less so.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    personally, i enjoyed it as both a TF and movie fan and thats all i asked for. good reviews and press whatnot i while icing on the cake is inconsequential. least of my concern, if at all, are brooders who cant tell when theyre proven wrong and persist to convince ppl otherwise.

its your prerogative to disseminate whatever misguided notion youre holding, but its really sad that you insist to share youre misery in light of the recent euphoria of the movie and fandom in general.

good luck, with all that.

14. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

15. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Yup....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=431727

Toward the end of the second paragraph. It's just a quick mention, more of an aside really. But they thought it was worth noting.

16. Randomus Prime

Randomus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could smell it all the way from 64%... eww...
    A week from now, no one will be talking about this movie...
    Well, except for people on this board. ;P

17. Karl Hartman

Karl Hartman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Up to 62% overall and 73% for cream of the crop.

Great, great film.

18. Irv Gotti

Irv Gotti I'm Rick James B%#ch!!

While the user opinion poll may not be useful, what I find funny is the Cream of the Crop critics (those who "matter") still give the movie an RT rating of 73% and for the right reasons (they note that it's a popcorn flick). I usually don't care what the NY Post and Times have to say about a lot of movies. These are the same critics who still pretend that Woody Allen flicks are great films and not boring schlock and that that we are supposed to believe that a twerp like Woody Allen is leading man material. Don't get me wrong, I love artsy flicks ( A Brick, Primer, Mean Creak, Little Miss Sunshine, As Good as it Gets). I just happen to be intelligent enough to watch and critique a movie for what is and not measure every film with the same ruler. Eg; Most every critic that liked the movie liked TF because it was big and loud. Most every critic that didn't like it TF disliked it for the same reason as if the films weakness lay in that was a popcorn flick.

19. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I should really copy and save this post, just so I can remind you of it in a few weeks time.

20. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dunno man, im getting calls and text msgs from non collecting friends telling me dude the movie was off the hook.

of course, with the above, having friends in the 1st place is a prerequisite.