Follow The Transformers the Movie Tomatometer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i enjoyed the "it's better than sex" review. i wouldnt care the RT gave it 00% i'd still see it and love it to death.

2. Sideswipe83

Sideswipe83 Well-Known Member

This site is whacked. They count one of those negatives twice, since 2 different people wrote the review. One of the negative reviewers actually went "Optimus Prime, voice by John Cullen" and all the others are whining about how they hate Michael Bay and this was not the TFs they grew up on, so that tells me they went into the screening with a chip the size of Bonecrusher on their shoulder.

3. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Down to 70%. Halfway to my expected target! C'mon critics, bitch about that lack of life-changing characterization, product placement, and toy-originating concept!

4. El_Cucuy

El_Cucuy That dog don't hunt!

I'll admit, it is a little unfair that RT count two reviews from the same website, but that's their perogative. Actually, I could care less about what people from websites I've never even heard of think about this movie. To be honest, I'm more interested in what critics from the New York Times, USA Today, and Rolling Stone have to say about the movie. It makes no difference to me whether they loved or despised it, I'm just curious as to what the major publications think of it.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

What's funny is how much higher the user's ratings are than the critic's rating at this point.

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    down to 69%
    i find that the critics who are complaining are all saying the same kind of things, and it's always expected with this type of movie that some stuck up critics will hate it despite it's awesomeness. whatever, they can go home and cry while watching Little Miss Sunshine, i'm going to shit my pants in the theater tonight and love every minute of it.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

That's why I firmly believe the user's rating is more important that the critic's rating:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_the_movie/reviews_users.php

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Poho is disturbing...

On topic:

The reviewers there are full of shit, even the good reviewers. It's difficult to get a good opinion out of people. They either hate it for no reason or love it for no reason.

Guess I'll just have to wait till the fourth and see for myself.

I find it funny that all the positive posters have something to say to support their opinion, while all the negative posters either have no text or just random stuff.

9. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

There is no more respect for MB. None. Critics have fallen to a new low in my eyes and have lost any and all credibility, from this point on.

I officially no longer give a crap about Rt.com. They only hate it because it's a MB movie, and those who claim to be "fans" just whine about the standard rubbish the ranters have posted since the beginning. This film is packed with original, unique, never-done-before ideas, themes, characters and CGI. That alone is worth giving this film praise. It being a TF movie is just the icing on the cake, and a damn fine effort at that. Anyone who fails to see this due to their blind love for G1, or vanity in terms of "film knowledge" should be pitied.

Agreed, the user ratings are far more important.

The movie will drop down to 6%, mark my words.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's always going to be people just too cool, too elite to like a popcorn flick, their tastes far too advanced to even try to enjoy anything inside the mainstream. Don't take any critic that's just bashing relentlessly over all of the tiny little things seriously, or personally, what matters the most is if there are people out there that will go see it despite any review in the papers or on blogs or whatever and just make up their own fucking minds and that we here as supposed transfans just go in with an open mind and try our best to enjoy it and have a good time.

By the way

IMDB's rating is still high - 8.4, and those are all user ratings remember. 4,500 votes too, so not bad. It will inevitably drop, they almost always do, but the fact that it's still that high despite RT's drop is good

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, the reviews at imdb look pretty good for a popcorn movie.

12. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man journalism has gone down hill. I guess anyone with a high school education and passed with a C or better can write a review and have it be credited. I am not saying this because of their review of the movie and it being transformers, they just, well, simply suck. Any if ANYONE seriously listens to reviews and critics and base their decision whether to see it or not on that or any other movie, give me your phone number and I will be glad to tell you what to do with the rest of your lfe everyday and make your decisions for you. Sick of people talking about how they wanted to see it but unsure because of the reviews. LAME. So next time you take a shit, call me first to make sure it is ok to wipe your sorry ass.

13. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

So, what should a person base their decision to see a movie on? Posters? Trailers? Forums? Extensive research?

Any decision involves weighing available data; reading a review is merely adding to the pool of information, a pool that, for many busy people, is vanishingly small.
    In the end, though, everyone makes their own choice.

14. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    it's at 70% this morning. Which is still better than Spidey 3 and LOADS better than Pirates 3... It'll be interesting to see what happens when more mainstream media and major market newspapers start putting in their reviews... I guess the local paper here in Minneapolis gave it 4 stars.

15. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

When you can't get the actor's name right in a "legitimate" review, I no longer have respect for you. I give this review NO STARS.

See, the thing that bothers me about the negative reviews is that the authors didn't even give it a chance:

and

I've met people like this before. They just think everything is lame. And wow, you don't like action films, and you already hate this one before you've even seen it, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU REVIEWING IT?

Neither one even went in with an open mind. They were ready to hate it. It's like come on, you really were expecting to see this be Citizen Kane or something? pfffffft.

See, a good critic review will look at things objectively. They don't.

16. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

One reviewer even dared say that Transformers are like Gremlins in metal form..
    that is such a bad comparison. I believe that the tomatometer for critics will go back up..it always does...I agree that the couple's review is unfair as two.

17. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's a site where bad reviews are taken apart?

18. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

I agree with this statement in large measure. However, all popcorn flicks are not created equally. I think most people would agree that, for instance, X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2 are much better popcorn flicks than Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Sufer and Pirates of the Carribean 3.

I think there's room for serious "art" films and plain-old popcorn flicks. TF is certainly the latter. There's certainly nothing wrong with just being entertained by a movie. But I don't give a movie a free pass just because it's a popcorn flick. I want to be entertained, not just distracted and diverted by busyness for two hours. And a popcorn flick can still have a quality script (not saying TF does not).

19. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

damn tomamoeter keeps droppin. well i guessed a 55%, so we'll see

20. johnlogic

johnlogic Well-Known Member

I just saw the film, and I've got to say it's really bad. I would have left thirty mins into it, but I stay because I was seeing it for free. So sad.