Folklore English Demo available on UK PSN

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you guys have a UK PSN account (very easy to do on any PS3, no matter where you live), they updated with a Folklore demo (previously it was only available in the Japanese store).

This is, and will probably end up being one of those sleeper titles, in that it's very surreal but entertaining, and has a simple, yet cool way of using the motion sensing on the controller (kinda like Ghost Busters). Worth a playthrough.

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Downloaded it last night. I am sold. I also thought the Ghostbusters thing too. :lol 

Cool gameplay, sounds like an interesting story and the graphics of course are great. Good size demo too. You have a choice of both main characters with one level each. It took me about a half an hour to play through one of them.

The note on the store said available untill Aug 31st so download it now if you have any interest.

3. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

ooo downloads! if i can remember i'll grab this...

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, when you reel the souls (IDs) of the creatures in, you tilt the controller up and move it around until you drag them out of their body. For a system who's sole purpose wasn't motion sensing (ala the Wii) some of the uses of it on the PS3 are pretty cool.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Found snapping it upwards "yanked" them out quicker. Cool mechanic though.

6. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

That's cool, I'll have to download that tonight. I had no clue what was going on with the Japanese demo.

7. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Not sure if it matters but I downloaded the folklore demo (US) with a regular US account yesterday.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah basically I got it one day early :lol . I would have to assume it is the exact same demo.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought the same. Figured it would be out the next day. But damn, that demo is so much nicer than the Japanese one, complete with a cool boss. I think this will definitely be one of those sleeper games that's a blast to play and sucks you into its world.

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I thought it showed a lot of potential. A bunch of whiners at the official Sony boards were bitching that it was the only demo added to the store yesterday. Every wednesday and thursday is the same story over there, it is getting old.

"WHHAHH I WANTED A SKATE DEMO AND ALL CRAPPY SONY GIVES US IS STOOPID FOLKLORE, SONY IS TEH SUXXORS!!!1 WHY AREN'T THERE MORE DEMOS!?!?! I DON'T BUY GAMES I JUST DOWNLOAD DEMOS WHAHH!!"

11. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

I don't have a japense account so I can't say. But shit I haven't even had a chance to play the demo today. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.