Focus on Vehicle Modes

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Smasher, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I was recently lucky enough to get both Leader Class Bulkhead and Megatron.

Having played with the toys I can say that Animated has not showcased their vehicle modes enough.

The extra armaments that they put on the Leader Bulkhead really give him a coolness factor that I never got from the show. I think his vehicle mode is every bit as impressive as Universe Onslaught.

As for Megatron he seems to suffer from the same curse as all the various characters named Megatron -his show appearance are 90% robot mode.
    (BTW, It seems that only Beast Wars Megatron escaped this curse.)
    I think it started because G1 Megatron was not very exciting once he transformed and relied on someone else to weild him.

Now that I have held Animated Megatron in vehicle mode I think that mode needs some more love on the show. It just oozes "badass". It basically gives him the firepower and manueverability G1 Megatron had when he would magically stick to Starscream's undercarriage.
    Except this Megatron can do it all by himself.

What do you guys think?
    Any other characters think that are some underutilized alt modes in Animated?

2. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    All of the characters

I mean they're supposed to be robots in disguise. Cybertron did a better job of keeping the Autobots and Decepticons until episode called Invasion.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry but I disagree. I feel the show has done a pretty good job. Then again I notice you seem to always find something to complain about regarding Animated. No way in the Cybertron did anything better than Animated.

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Look, I'm just supporting Smasher here
    Have you even seen the whole Cybertron series? It returns TF's back to space opera like how SW episode 3 did for Star Wars. But that's another argument

I say when a series defeats a certain premise like the robots in disguise, I will hate it. Luckily the writing and acting of this series keeps me watching.

In fact, G1 or RID did a better of having them as robots in disguise. The Animated Cybertronians are in as disguise as much as Movieverse Cybertronians especially in Mission City battle

5. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

you seem to be neglecting the fact in animated giant walking robots is hardly new to human kind thanks to sumdak (gah however you spell his name) backwards engineering megatrons head. plus they are well known in their robot modes. the only time people seem surprised is when one transforms in front of them.

peoples awareness of the transformers in animted seems to be around the same level as season 1 of G1. they can hide if they want to but they dont have to be covert all the time in public.

6. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

As I posted in another thread, as enjoyable and well written Animated is, the whole 'Transformers' is ridiculously superfluous to anything to do with it aside from toys and designs (and even then, barely. Jazz looks like a man in a jumpsuit with car bits attached. Only other design I hate is Optimus (he looks way to forced and crap))

So yes, focus on vehicle modes. They're called TRANSFORMERS.

Note, this isn't an Animated specific problem, I just thought I'd post it here.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The alt modes could be used as a disguise -kind of like when Blurr showed up and not even the Autobots knew he was an undercover robot.

But, in general, I was thinking that some of the vehicle modes are underutilized and could get some screen love.

I mean, we have Optimus Prime who sometimes had a trailer; but please don't stare at it for too long because it will vanish.
    I have a friend who is trying to get into Animated and he is just unclear exactly how Prime is a fire truck.

Then there's Bulkhead. In the cartoon I just sort of saw his vehicle mode as a green van. The fact that the front of it seems to have a smile on it didn't help either. Now that I have the toy in hand, the vehicle mode really looks like it means business. It should be used offensively in the show. It's an offensive vehicle.

But, I think the worst offender is Megatron.
    His vehicle mode is so cool, so badass.
    A dual bladed helicopter with a ginormous cannon on the front?
    Come on, Animated writers! Use that mode for more than just getting Megatron from one place to another.

They need to make an episode where they are stuck in vehicle mode for some reason. (A transfixtron?).
    Or perhaps have a story that focuses on fast vehicle like Autobot Run.
    I just feel there is wasted potential here -still love the show.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I agree on everything you said.