Focus on Decepticons Discussion

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Foster, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I have a question: What exactly IS the Focus on Decepticons???

Is it a brand-new story? Or is it a reprint of old stories? (Like "Greatest Battles of Prime and Megatron")?

2. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting that the Con's are made up of just the characters from the first season of the cartoon. We've seen many more from later in the toy line already. (like Scorponok) I wonder where they went? (if anywhere)

And yes I know the Battlechargers were blown to bits.

3. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure they're still around, but they have their own agendas... Shockwave's been in statis lock for the past few million years, and Scorponok wasn't exactly open about his wherabouts. The group listed here are the guys Megatron has brought in personally to tear up the Earth.

I'm hoping that by the time this story comes round, the Constructicons have gone through the Gesalt process. About time we had more of them in this story.

4. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

It's a preview of All hail Megatron. It has interviews, sketches, and an eight page preview of All hail Megatron. Give it a flip through and see if you like it enough to buy.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Like I said earlier. I can´t wait for AHM, but I fear that they might make the humans the main adversaries of the cons:( 

Btw, "Expansion" is after "AHM" right?

I hope T-craker gets some character developement. Maybe the "moral" voice sort of thing. He might even defect in this storyline (wishfull thinking thought).

6. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    my forbidden planet didnt have this in (suprise suprise!), i was looking forward to some more tf goodness aswell-its seemed like an age since dev #6
    im very lucky if i can pick up a spotlight- i had a choice one day between spotlight arcee+dev#6, picked dev #6 and came back the next day with more money....
    yep, no arcee and about 300 copies of dev!
    anyway, back on topic, i very much doubt thundercracker will get any character development-i cant think of a single instance outside of fan fiction where he HAS been portraid as having doubts about the decepticons (in probably wrong though!), dont get me wrong, tc's one of my favourite 'cons, id love to see his doubt shine through!

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:sly2: 

That's..bloody brilliant.

You could even do it almost Lost style where each issue advances some larger/current plot, with flashbacks focusing on one Con per issue.

Somebody get Ryall on the phone.

8. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I thought the 'Con profiles were very elementery, and the art was very Dreamwave-ish. Also, the dynamic between Megatron and Starscream in IDW's storyline so far has been that Megatron put Starscream in his place, and he knows to tread very carefully around Megatron. But the interaction between them in the preview seems to be right out of a generic G1 episode... I'm starting to wonder if the writer has even read an IDW TF comic.

Anyways, hopefully the actual comic will provide more characterization than this.

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I always thought Thundercracker was too smart to publicly voice his doubts. Especially in this IDW continuity. Megatron would simply end him.

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Indeed. I've always thought ol' TC would be a prime candidate for a Spotlight actually...

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think the original bio on the Thundercracker toy is pretty official, even if the cartoons and comics ignore it.
    CLIP AND SAVE!
    That is because it was lifted from the Dreamwave MTMTE books! :lol 

Seeing all the death and destruction was a little different.
    They state in the interviews that heroes are made heroes by how bad the villains are -and I agree with that statement.
    Take a look at Megatron in Transformers: Animated.

But I am not certain that this book will effectively convey that theme if the heroes just walked away from the conflict.
    I realize this is supposed to be one year later and I have no idea what the exact circumstances are in the panels I read, but at the end of Devastation I was not thinking Optimus Prime was too heroic at all.
    He just abandoned Earth after all.

Expansion had better be one hell of a threat.

I too was wondering how there can be a giant robot fight in Florida, a huge alien\giant robot fight in Oregon that culminates in Starscream pointing to human jets and saying "they know we're here now" and then one year later giant robots transform in Times Square and everyone is like "What is this? Cool?" okay, some of the people seemed scared, but I thought the whole point of Devastation was that now people on Earth are aware of Transformers -even if there is not a panel going "We Earth people are now aware of Transformers."

And, I don't mind the bizarre switch to the F-15s, but I really wish Guido had not used the Masterpiece Starscream design so closely.
    I am not faulting his art, just the design. I hate that useless hip kibble.
    It has never evoked the image of katana in my mind, it just looks like the jets don't transform all the way.

I can't believe Takara had a working prototype that looked just as good in jet mode and had those pieces on the feet.
    They would have added to the bulkiness of the robot design and probably helped the actual toy to stand on its own.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

A cool short story for a spolight would be like this:

- He´s surrounded by the Autobots in the begging of the comic, he tells that he somehow defected.
    - Tells his tale in the form of a flashback, how, what and why he did that.
    - It ends with him dying from the wounds he received from fighting Megatron or any other comrades because of his actions. Some great last words ala Dinobot and presto! You got a cool spotlight.

13. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:

what episode is this pic from??

14. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Auto Berserk.