Foc: Who should continue Megatron’s voice, Frank Welker or Fred Tatasciore?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Oct 11, 2011.

?

Who should voice Megatron in Fall of Cybertron?

1. Frank Welker

41 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. Fred Tatasciore

43 vote(s)
    51.2%
  1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed Mr. Tatasciore’s voice as Megatron in WFC, but I’m going to be honest. I was very disappointed that High Moon Studios sided with the fandom majority, believing that Frank Welker could no longer voice a convincing, menacing Megatron. I never lost hope in him, as he is still a very sought after VA for movies and cartoons alike—I and a few others expressed our wishes for him to reimagine the voice, as we felt the “muhaha-Megatron” probably wouldn’t have been the best thing for this game anyway.

Anyway, given what we’ve seen of Mr. Welker’s Transformers: Prime Megatron, who would you like to see continuing his voice from here on out?

If it wasn’t made clear already, I hold a certain level of bias for Mr. Welker—he was and always will be Megatron to me, and his new rendition of Megatron is pure gold! Honestly speaking, I wouldn’t mind hearing several Transfomrers: Prime VAs crossing over to Fall of Cybertron: Jeffery Combs (Ratchet), Steve Blum (Starscream), Sumalee Montano (Arcee). But I digress, who would you like voice Megatron in Fall of Cybertron? Frank Welker or Fred Tatasciore?

2. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I really enjoy Welker's performance in Prime. May as well strengthen the connection between the game and show by having him lend his voice to Megatron.

Though, Tatasciore was pretty incredible. His sarcasm was fucking great. YES BREAKDOWN, YOUR CONSTANT WHINING SAW US THROUGH

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the moment, I'll put my own bias aside and say that I do want consistency kept throughout the games. I'm sure Cullen will be back but I do hope to see as much of the cast as possible from WFC back again here. Plus, High Moon Studios seems to be, as you said, looking elsewhere for Megs across the board: not only was Welker not in WFC but also not in the DOTM game (first movie game he wasn't in, Tatasciore once again voiced him there, it was a HMS made game).

Anyway, my own personal desire is for Tatasciore to stay. I loved his performance in WFC. My friends and I found it (while serious) utterly hilarious to behold as he said some truly memorable lines. His voice was a big part of our enjoyment of the game, beyond it being just very fun to play.

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fred Tatasciore's voice fits with this version of Megatron than any other Megatron voice Frank Welker has done. Fred's voice has a certain charm that wouldn't work if Frank Welker had done the voice but don't get me wrong, I love Welker's performance in TF Prime.

5. 13DINO

13DINO JTX_XIII

News Credits:
    Fred Tatasciore.
    In my mind, the WFC/FOC continuity is a similar but different continuity from Prime plus I love Tatasciore's preformance as Megatron!

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I had this thought in my head as well... and I CAN'T ANSWER IT! I love them both so much as Megatron. Can I please have both?

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Probably Fred Tatasciore to keep a consistency between the two games. They are both good, but the voice changing rapidly from one to the other may be jarring, especially considering the average player still thinks this is G1.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just curious, but why is it okay for a character’s body to change (which is already breaking the game’s consistency), but not a voice?

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Consider plastic surgery. The body changes but the voice doesnt. You can have as much plastic surgery as you like, but your voice will always be the same.

Anyway, my vote goes for Tatasciore. I thought he did a great job and I'd like them to keep the consistency. Hell, even if Dan Gilvezan offered to voice Bumblebee I'd rather they kept Bosch.

11. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, but the argument waged against Welker was consistency. If the physical appearance of characters are going to change, consistency shouldn’t be an argument against is all I’m saying.

I'm happy to hear reasons for/against, but this one sounds weak to me, as it's turning a blind eye to the inconsistency already shown to us with the characters. For all we know, Megatron's craziness could have been the Dark Energon talking.

13. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Fred because he sounds like a 20ft guy on steroids who is constantly angry at something, which is what this Megatron basically is.

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'd agree if the extent of the physical changes were all that distinct, but from the one we've seen its still very clearly WFC Prime. We dont know at this point if Megatron will even change. He might stay the same or just end up with some very minor modifications.

15. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Either will work for me because I liked his voice in WFC but Welker does a great job on Prime as well.

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I like both, but I voted Welker, because I like his voice in Prime much better and I was a bit disappointed, when I started the game and noticed that it is not Welker talking there. The voice in the game is pretty good, but not too much Megatron. But I won't complain if they continue to use that voice, because it is not bad.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Depends if he's going to be subdued and sinister or incredibly fucking crazy. If the former, Welker, but I hope he matches his performance more to his early Prime work. His voice in the show has evolved into a little more painful wheezing, but not nearly to the levels of the TF1/ROTF games. If he's still sniffing markers and yelling at elevators than Tatasciore. Nobody pulls off crazy ranting DARK ENERGON-this DARK ENERGON-that Megatron better, if in turn comes off as slightly generic.

18. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    High Moon Studios is doing their own thing, and I like it. I hope they continue to use Fred.

19. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't look at the charcters having different looks as breaking consistency. Being that they are have the ability to scan and take the form of similar sized and shapped machines from other planets, I see no reason why they couldn't make alterations to themselves on their own planet.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Likewise with voice. They are Transformers, but this is a point we will not agree on, so I'll leave it at that.

This Megatron is a pretty big breakaway from what we saw last game, more so than Optimus’ change:

[​IMG]