FoC Which version to choose: Xbox or PS3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Taziir, May 16, 2012.

?

Which console should I buy to play FoC

1. Xbox 360

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. PS3

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  3. No real difference so flip a coin.

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's an itch that has slowly been building up to a point that I'll have to cave. As a PC gamer I'm sore that FoC isn't coming to my chosen platform, so I'm looking for suggestions on which console to buy to play FoC.

Considering that I'm very unlikely to get more than 3 or 4 games maximum, which console is likely to be a better choice?

If we take WFC as an example, which platform was the superior version? Graphics and consistent performance are important to me. Looking at screenshots of WFC on both platforms made the game look awful compared to PC but which was the more tolerable? I presume sound on either console isn't an issue.

I recently bought a 360 controller to play GTAIV on pc but I don't really get on with it - is there much, if any difference using the PS3 controller or are they much the same?

I know we can't really know until FoC is out, but I think we can tell a lot from how well WFC turned out on each platform too.

So in your opinion, which console should I seriously look at picking up to play FoC? I'm not interested in console fanboy slanging, but I would like to hear reasonable justification for picking one over the other.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    xbox. i've played through WFC hundreds of times on both and maxed out my characters on MP on both and i have to say from my overall experience that xbox is superior. plus the controller is more comfortable IMO. but if you waon't play the console that much, i'd recommend PS3 only cause it's free.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I used to work at GameStop, I was asked this question ("Which console is better?") often. Here's my stock answer. It really depends on a few things. First and foremost is which console do your friends have. That is often the deciding factor in the console war. Get the system you can play with your friends. Past that there are a couple points for either system. The PS3 is also a blue-ray player so that could be a big bonus. And granted Xbox Live does cost money, it is generally preferred over PSN; you get what you pay for. Another deciding factor is to look at the exclusives. A vast majority of games are multiplatform but there are still some exclusives that may sway your vote.

But to answer your question directly about War for Cybertron they are basically the same. There is no appreciable difference in performance or graphics. Really the only difference I can think of is that generally 360 has more than twice as many people playing online than PS3. I expect this to continue with Fall but who knows if it will be true.

Were it my money... Well I've already made that choice. I own a 360 and War and couldn't be happier. I cannot wait until Fall comes out.

I hope I've been somewhat helpful.

4. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

I'm no hardcore gamer er nothin but I'd say PS3. I use the blue-ray player regularly and have never had issues with PSN. I was also under the impression that there were far more WFC players on the Playstation but I could be wrong.

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    PS3. The Graphics and FPS are amazing, and just to prove it, every PS3 disc is blu-ray, and you can play DVDs on it.
    Plus the crosshairs/camera control is really easy to get used to and smooth, and this is coming from someone who also switched from PC.

Also, the general graphics are the same among the PC/PS3/Xbox circle.
    Not to mention you have to pay to play Xbox online.

6. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    There are. I've heard people have some trouble finding matches.

By 7:00 PM (PST) there's still 400 players and at THE least, 45 people in TDM.

7. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Wii U because it's cool and hip to play games that haven't come out yet on consoles that haven't come out yet.

8. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    No! PS4

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  love the title:lol 

PS3 is where it's at (though I do believe this game was designed with XBOX 360 tech). Still all the cool Transformer gamers are on the PS3, so...:p 

10. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    SoooMungry and TurtleofDoom rarely play PS3, and EdwardTriggahands doesn't have a PS3. :p 

But I still proudly prefer PS3.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :jawdropper: 

These guys are definitely not cool Transformer fans:p 

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    YOU LIE

WATCH EnergonTV's VIDEOS

THAT IS AN ACCOUNT THAT ALL THREE OF THEM POST ON. :p 

13. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

For me it would be PS3 cause I have 2 of them and I am a sony many anyway.

14. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Flip a coin im getting mine for xbox but thats because I dont like the PS3 controler I think its a bit cramped

15. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Because they dont have a PS3? There some of the famous transformers gamers and trust me they are transformers fans

16. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Xbox has a good size controller and its not cramped

Transformers games are designed using it

It has good graphics and good FPS just like the PS3

If your a gamer PS3 and xbox 360 are the same nothing diffrent its only the extra's that change them

17. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, 1st I have to take um bridge with your saying that both console versions of WFC looked awful. I play WFC on 360 on my 42 inch 1080 P Vizio tv and it looks truly awesome. I don't know if you saw poor quality screen shots or what but both console versions look amazing.
    Now on the the topic at hand. Both consoles have great graphics, they may not be able to compete with really high end PC graphics cards but they hold their own. I'm an X box 360 guy and I'll tell you right now that the PS3 has just as good graphics as the 360. The main things to look at when deciding which console to buy is this.
    Controller setup, here is where the 360 is far superior than the PS3. PS3s controllers, particularly the triggers/bumpers are not very good when it comes to shooters like FOC. The reason is that they aren't spring loaded so you don't have any resistance against your fingers when you pull the trigger. Another problem with the PS3 controllers is the placement of the left analog stick, it is in the middle of the controller with the D-pad on the side while the 360s controller is the opposite. Having said all of that, I will also say that I was referring to to stock controllers that come with the systems. You can buy PS3 controllers that are set up in the same manner as the 360 with spring loaded triggers and all, plus PS3 isn't anal aaboaut letting 3rd party's hook up wirelessly.
    But the biggest thing in deciding which console to buy is, What kind of games do YOU play and which console has exclusives that YOU would want. PS3 has exclusives like Uncharted, God of War, Gran Tourismo, Infamous, and Little Big Planet. X box 360 has Halo, Foza, Gears of War, and according to Gameinformer magazine has superior downloadable titles.
    Oh yeah I almost forgot if you have any interest in motion gaming 360s kinect is by far the better of the 3 consoles motion packages, great for workouts, but if you have no interest in motion gaming this should have no barring on your decision what so ever.
    Also make sure to read Ryoku's post, he makes several points that forgot.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  18. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    The PS3 controller is BIG.

And the PS3 DVDs are scratch-resistant, and are designed as blu-ray.
    The PS3 controller is NOT cramped, trust me.

19. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    the circle of buttons (not the d-pad) seem a bit cramped to me. what bugs me about the ps3 controller are the "triggers." xbox's just feel more natural

psssh. the 720 is all the rage

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Xbox 360! I choose you!!