FOC, What's next??? Spoilers inside.. you are warned..

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Demonss, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I beat FOC and I've been hearing people discussing it and everyone says "we know what's coming next."

Well.. I don't...
    Have I missed something that was said?

I mean at the end of the game we go through the portal which presumably will end up taking the ark to earth (ala G1), but unlike how we originally saw the ark portrayed (with the cons and bots all defunct inside) in g1, many bots were outside the ark when it went through the portal.. QUITE CLEARLY Optimus and MEgatron were outside as they loose grip of the ark as they hit the portal.

So obviously what's next is different than G1 (I'm PERFECTLY FINE WITH THIS), but our autobot leader and decepticon leader at the least seems to have the possibilities of being separated from the people in the ark (heck possibly even dead with the wounds they inflicted on each other).

So what are people speculating for what comes next?
    I feel out of the loop!

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Everyone just means "They travel through space and find Earth."

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Journey From Cybertron, I suppose.

HMS is already on the hook for saying that the launch of the Ark syncs up with the original G1 cartoon, but for that to happen the final events FOC need to be righted, namely, both Optimus and Megatron being outside the ship--everyone who's ever watched G1 that the entire core cast of G1 was on the Ark. Yeah, I know, a lot of things in WFC or FOC don't line up and at times HMS has taken liberties to put their own spin on things, but I do believe that when these guys reach Earth that Optimus and Megatron will be aboard a ship, I assume the Ark.

I'm curious to see how Starscream plays out in the story forward. I don't particularly like how HMS had him play his cards early on as they did, but I hope they don't end him early on as it looks like that's where the story's currently headed.

4. Demonss

News Credits:
    See aside from Prime and Megatron being outside the ship, I can live with some form of stasis (from an undisclosed battle) on the ship.
    SO that's where I was confused.. The question is if there is another game would it largely be based on battles within the ark?

Yeah those are the things that stuck out to me. The launch of the ark and the fates of everyone inside, is ok to me to not be disclosed, but megs and ops being outside the ark is strange.
    I just wasn't sure if there was something disclosed I missed.
    Thanks for the information both of you! :) 

5. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

What if the story has a battered and bruised Megatron dragged through the wormhole to meet Unicron? As for Optimus, perhaps he touches down on Earth somewhere, sending the rest of the Autobots on a search and rescue mission?

6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Honestly, I hope High Moon pulls through and does some SP DLC adding missions for Wheeljack and the others left behind.

7. Demonss

News Credits:
    I would be interested in seeing an on earth game associated with trying to find optimus, but how does one incorporate the cons (at least in such high volumes) as for WFC/FOC?

I would love this.. And one for the dinobots repairing sludge!

8. scorpio-prime

Well, both Grimlock and Shockwave were dragged through the portal before everyone else, SO, perhaps they arrived on Earth in a different era and began their own mini war? When the rest of the TFs went through the portal, they arrived on Earth via a different timestream meaning that this war has been raging for millienia, Shockwave having created a whole new batch of Decepticon beasts to battle against the lone Grimlock (such as the Terrorcons and Predacons). So now you have the awakening Autobots and Decepticons on a prehuman Earth, ready to wage war accompanied by a load of new additions to the cast.

9. Demonss

News Credits:
    OHH I forgot about that!!!

Though something still needs to be done to give sludge some love!

10. scorpio-prime

Actually I forget, was it just Grimlock and Shockwave that got sucked in or did the explosion reach the other Dinobots too? If so, you could have the ENTIRE area transported to Earth, meaning Shockwave can lord it over the planet from his tower whilst plotting to destroy the Dinobots (and yes they can have Sludge return - they fixed him :) )

11. Demonss

News Credits:
    I think it's questionable, swoop was somewhere nearby (as he drops grimlock off at the last part when he gets hit).
    But grimlock made it very clear for the end part of the previous level for them to leave.. (if I recall correctly)
    So I guess there's ROOM or them to be there and possibly get sucked in depending how much got sucked in (ie the magnitude) from the base.

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    The next game will probably wrap up the current problems and show what they encounter on the way to Earth.

13. Demonss

News Credits:
    But that's the thing, is the space bridge working differently than it did every other time it's been used? Presumably as soon as they went through the portal they'd have been on/right next to earth.

14. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    HMS themselves state that we don't know if they head straight to Earth or not. We don't know if the collapsing portal maintains its destination coordinates due to Grimlock destroying its source.

15. Demonss

News Credits:
    Interesting thing to consider.. If they don't go straight to Earth I suppose it leaves room for the space bridge to dump them somewhere in the proximity and end up defunct in the ship somewhere relatively close to earth.. In fact just taking a look at MTME part 1 (been so long since I watched it) they arent' defunct until they get into the gravity of earth and crash.. So yeah... This battle could be expanded on.. interesting!

16. Uncle Madness

Uncle Madness Well-Known Member

This should put that "Prime" continuity nonsense to rest since we wont likely see another sequel until 2014 and who even knows if Prime will still be around then.

So hopefully they'll follow the actual G1 story on earth.

17. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    But Prime has a confirmed S4.

18. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

Just after Grimmy and S-Wave are dragged in, there's a cutscene with the other Dinobots, bar Sludge, watching.

19. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

I think that a third game should leave out Optimus and Megatron till the end, also I am pretty sure Starscream snuck aboard the nemesis or something. What I like about the ending is that it leaves endless possibilities, I almost dont want a third game just because foc allows fans to decide for there own what fate the transformers are given, could prime or megatron died at that point? Sortof like decide what happens next in your imagination... of course this cant be said for other cliffhangers... but with transformers and its endless possible continuities, it works pretty well

20. Demonss

News Credits:
    Didn't notice that I'll have to check that out.. so feasibly they could have willfully followed.