FOC what do want it to include?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Agentknife, Mar 14, 2012.

?

What would you like in an FOC collector's edition

1. Just an art book and some exclusive multiplayer parts/weapon skins @ $70

22.2%
  2. Option one's contents plus an FOC figure @ $80

11.1%
  3. Option one's contents plus an exclusive voyager class FOC figure with special paint job @ $100

11.1%
  4. option one plus the 3 non combaticon FOC figs due out this year with special paint job @ $100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Everything option 4 has plus all 5 FOC combaticons with special paint job @ $150

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Option 4 plus exlusive leader class Grimlock with special paint job @ $150

5.6%
  7. Option 3 plus Exclusive leader class Grimlock with special job @ $150

5.6%
  8. I hope all of these options are available

22.2%
  9. None of these options

22.2%
  1. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "FOC COLLECTORS EDITION, WHAT DO YOU WANT IT TO INCLUDE"

I posted a similar question before, but now I know how to add a poll! So what would you like to see included in an FOC collectors edition?

I'm hopeing for at least 2 special editions. One with a making of style art and exclusive multiplayer parts/weapon skins for around $70. And a 2nd with all the above plus an exclusive voyager sized figure of a FOC character with special paint treatments or 2-3 deluxe figures with paint treatment for around $100. If a 3rd option is available I'd like it to have be option one's contents plus either a large high res statue or all 8 of the FOC figures annouced to release this year for around $150. Being a avid gamer these are the typical price points you see special edition games at.

The poll is up guys!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I'd like an edition that came with an Art book from BOTH games.

Also, if one came with the Brute-Aid combaticons as well as a code that let you use that deco in-game, that'd be neat.

3. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Escelation, its the only thing i play on it to this day. Ill be a very sad bunny if its not there

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Art book (from both games) and a statue of grimlock in T-Rex mode and/or an exclusive voyager set of 3 of the announced dinobots

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Host Migration.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

A Cyberverse scaled toy should come with the special edition. Nothing too fancy.

7. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

Dammit, I want to be able to split-screen with friends in-house.

8. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Escalation with more cool features like opening doors to randoom rooms on certain maps.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This^
    And... this^^

10. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:

I would say exclusive parts but then that would be unfair on other players unless it would be released in a later DLC

11. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the parts changed your stats in some way I might agree with you but HM has recently stated that that's not the case. So I disagree.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like to see this game come with an art book (WFC and FOC designs), Complete OST (WFC and FOC), a making of DVD or Blu-ray disc which is seperate from the game (don't mess with the games storage, please), exclusive content (characters that cannot be purchased) and early access to maps, and if possible a character done up in Takara (not Hasbro) paint;) 

I think it is unlikely a collectors edition for a Transformer game will ever cost $150. I think asking more than $80 would be pushing it (that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy it, but I would understand why many others wouldn't).

13. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Option 1 plus a few toys like a Voyager Grimlock and a better paint job of Bruticus.

14. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    That is what you call a Pre-order bonus...

Not a collectors edition thingymajig

15. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMO HM/Activisionwould be doing themselves ( and the hardcore fan) a dis-service by not having at least 2 different collectors editions. 1 being a cheaper collectors edition with just a couple of extras and at least one more with a boat load of goodies for $100-$150. I can name you at least 3 video games that released with $100-$150 collectors edtions last year alone. You had Gears of War 3, it had a special edition for $80 that came with an exclusive character skin (Adam Fenix) exclusive weapon skins and an Octus medal (made of real medal mind you) with display case, & the last will & testament of Adam Fenix. Then Gears 3 also offered the Epic edition that contained everything the special edition had plus an art book and a limited edition exclusive Statue of main character Marcus Fenix that is a good 9 & 1/2 inches tall for $150.

Next we had Batman Arkham City collectors edition for $100 that included several items plus an awsome statue of Batman.

Then we had another $150 collectors edition with Elder Scolls 5 Skyrim that came with a HUGE art book and HUGE dragon statue.
    And If I'm not mistaken Modern Warfare 3 & Battlefield 3 both offered collectors edition costing $100 or more.
    And with the possible exception of Batman none of these franchises has a fanbase more suited to buying toys statues etc of their franchise that Transformers fans are. Buying toys or cryin out loud IS what TF fans do. So, all I'm saying is that recent history is on my side when it comes to video games having $100 + collectors editions. And if HM/Activision/Hasbro has ANY marketing brainpower what so ever they will offer a high end collectors edition of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

16. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Well I guess I didnt know that parts wouldnt give stats as I heard they would :/

Since its a transformers game though I would consider it a pre-order bonus as well but I would love a exclusive figure/statue with loads of other goodies such as autobot and decepticon symbols in a case

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro can't be bothered to make toys for fans because they can't support the brand. The first sales figures of WFC apparently weren't spectacular either. It did better than expected, but not as well as HMS would have liked, IIRC--I recall seeing an interview online in which Matt Tieger said as much.

I dare not compare Transfomers to any of those games you mentioned above. WFC was a good game, but I don't know if it was that good. Had FOC followed a Game of the Year Award, huge sales followed the succession of good games like the ones you mentioned, maybe Activision could get away with such a price point or multiple exclusives. I would love to be wrong, but I think that would be asking too much of those they're trying to lure into buying the game.

HMS is not only catering to Transformer fans, they're trying to get gamers that play the brands you mentioned. When a Transformers game can get any old gamer to purchase a game on release day, Activision can ask whatever price they want. Until then, they had better play nice.

18. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that your missunderstanding what it is that I'm saying. Of the games mentioned above or pretty much any game franchise is there really any fanbase more willing to pay $100 + for a special/collectors edition that TF fans? I think not. Now obviously the high end collectors editions aren't for the average gamer that decides to pick-up FOC, even the average gamer that preorders or buys it on day one. The high end collectors editions are for the die-hard TF fan or any gaming franchise's fans. I mean how many of you gamers out there picked up the Gears of War Epic edition? Not very many of you that's for sure. Only Die-Hard Gear-heads bought the $150 dollar Epic Edition. And that is why the gaming companies produce high-end collrctors editions in very limited numbers. I think they only made around 5,000 Gears 3 Epic editions just for that reason. So to say that Activision needs to "play nice" untill FOC sells in the ballpark of MW3, Skyrim, or Gears 3 isn't correct by my estimate. I think HM/Activision could easly sell 5-10 thousand $100-$150 FOC collectors editions as if they contained lots of good stuff the hradcore TF fans want. ie large very detailed statue of Grimlock/Bruticus/Optimus etc, FOC Figures with exclusive paint treatments or parts, Voyager class Grimlock/Optimus/Megatron figure with special treatments before they go on say to the rest of the public etc.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Option one. I have no care for TF toys anymore.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The worldwide total game sales for War For Cybertron on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC from release to today (3/16/2012) is only 0.87million copies sold according to VGChartz.com. While selling nearly a million games is an amazing thing, it doesn't look as impressive as say Gears of War 1, which sold 5.92 million! Making a collectors set(s) for this franchise sounds like a sound idea. You are going to sell a lot of copies to casual gamers and those that aren't so casual about their spending as well.

While there are diehard Transformer fans, there weren't enough of us to put this game over a million sales even after being on store shelves for two years!

Games that get those very pricey collector sets are games that kick the box office's @$$, so why should we expect that sort of thing for FOC? I would love to see it happen, but I think we should set our sights on just a collectors/special edition for now, one that is around $80:2c: