FOC wave 1 not looking to good...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Feb 21, 2012.

?

So do you still feel the same about 1st FOC Wave?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2012.
  1. They actually look better to me!

25.6%
  2. No, they're not as good as I thought but I'll still buy most of them

26.4%
  3. No they're horrible. Easy pass on most or all of them.

9.6%
  4. Geez man, just wait till they arrive in stores then judge!

38.4%
  1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    (sigh) After the initual hype and excitement of knowing that we're getting some new Generations figures has worn down I am looking at these figures in a new light.

And I must say that the Combaticon images are looking worse and worse. I was hoping it was just miss-transformation issue but that’s not really the case when looking at alt molds and some of the head sculptures. And as a result I’m not feeling Swindle bot form at all.

They obviously aren’t the Quality Generations Deluxe figures we are use to and when you see the “Spider-Monkey Bruticus” pictures they sacrificed their overall quality for the ends don’t justify the means too well.

And out of 8 of these figures in this 1st Generations wave 1 out of the 8 get a B- which is Shockwave and that’s despite have a lack-luster alt mold.

Jazz is more of the same, meaning his bot mold strongly resembles The old Cybertron line’s Smokescreen w/o the arm shield.

And after countless requests for a voyager WFC Prime, they turn around and give us another deluxe prime with a smaller head.

So are you worried about what other Generations Hasbro will be cutting corners with..?

2. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WTF you talkin' about? Those figures at Toy Fair looked pretty good. Besides there still may be changes between what we saw and what will be released. I'd say reserve judgement until they are in your hands.

3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Going to get Bruticus, but hopefully they don't release it in the (increasingly terrible looking) Energon colors.

Even if he didn't combine, I would definitely be picking up a couple of them... I may as well complete the set. That said, I see your point about the individual figures being pretty generic. Swindle and Onslaught especially are pretty generic sculpts to me. Swindle's generic alt-mode, less-iconic headsculpt (appears to be based off the Alternator's head), and single tiny gun are disappointments, and Onslaught is already a pretty generic design to begin with, and making it Cybertronian doesn't do him any favors. Though they did an amazing job of making Blast Off look like Blast Off (... assuming he's still in Blast Off colors)... he even still has ankle guns!

Shockwave looks awesome.

Prime looks... worse. I just don't like him as much as the WfC version. And Jazz just does nothing for me. Honestly, too similar too the RtS version in a lot of ways, and the ways he's different are all worse.

4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I have a feeling once they are out on store shelves, ppl are going to go ape shit for em. It happens with every new line. Bruticus may not look the best, but I bet cha, even though all his limbs will be in a single wave , I dought any1 will be able to pick em up all in 1 fell swoop.

5. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you have. FP "bruticus", and you probably paid an arm and a leg for it. For the price, the Hasbro toy really isn't bad. Are there issues with this guy? Definitely! Will it keep me from buying him the moment he hits retail? NEVER!!!!!
    If you don't like it, don't get it. More chance for me!

6. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup, I swear some people just like the sound of their own voices. Movie haters have bitched for months that there has been no new generations, then when we get a ton of them all people do is bitch they aren't good enough. Hasbro can't win in some fans eyes, which makes me wonder why they buy TFs in the first place

7. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Ohh, transformers fans. Hasbro releases pictures of a figure, you complain about how bad it looks, Hasbro cancels the figure, and so quickly the figures you hated are now the best things ever and Hasbro is evil for canceling it. At some stage in development, you should really show gratitude that Hasbro makes these toys that you find so much fun.

8. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave is really the only one I care about, and he is mainly to fill a gap on the Classics shelf. I don't play the games so I'm not interested in many of the designs, especially if there is already a version of said character in my Classics collection.

+-MWG-+

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    im gonna get all of em that I can but if I cant get Prime its no big deal as I already have WFC Prime

10. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it makes you feel any better, at least we're not as bad as the MLP Brony fandom. Those jokers managed to create a gigantic shitstorm over a 30 second speaking role for a background character.

But yeah, TF fandom still sucks.

11. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

... we do that when we buy the figures and discuss them to no end.

Granted this topic seems overly negative, but you're swinging too far the other way and that's no good either.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    While I was expecting more ankle tilts and Wrists in line with the 2010 generations.
    And the Transformation do appear a little simpler than those beasts. The sculpting is Amazing and they should be solid deluxes from another perspective. I mean all the combaticons have backpacks to consider in the parts count, and each one trys to look like the three high moon design models for robot, limb and vehicle mode. Actually really well. The colorscheme for the combaticons is questionable but I prefer the new deco. The deluxes in robot mode really do benefit from the Energon series Colorscheme over the drab initial scheme. Giveing them the Underglow chest and panel lights that are iconic of characters made in the fall of cybertron style.

Looking forward to getting the toy in hand. Tweaking the mistransformations around and taking some good photos.

Being cybertronian form its not a replacement for your fansproject colossus.
    At the same time the constant scale issues of the combaticons with their Helicopter, Jeep, tank, and Space Shuttle limbs. Become more rational if their just war machines from their Homeworld.

If game informer had'nt leaked those pics there would'nt be an argument.
    And if the colors are your only gripe there have been radicons that have done their own recolors. But I really don't have a problem and I'm probably going to buy multiples of everybody to army build.

Optimus Prime I feel has some faults. But the Vehicle Form is Killer. Fist on Wheels.
    I've known for a while shockwave was a spaceship gun, I'd find it strange to argue against that, as that's a rational way to make his G1 form practical again. and its not even that lasy looking since it integrates the wings and the big barrel in a defined manner.

If no one else. Shockwave is the one that actually fills a dual purpose role of being a classics shockwave, as well as the war for cybertron character.

Jazz is cool. I like the sculpted battle damage, and the expressiveness of his lightpiped visor. I imagine playing his level in Fall of cybertron is going to get me attached to this iteration of Jazz, even though I have the reveal the shield figure to fill his role on classics. Their both really interesting. Jazz has a very clean speeder vehicle mode.

Its going to be awesome if wave one is just shortpacked of one character each by design. Brawl, Swindle, Onslaught, Vortex, Blast Off, Shockwave, Optimus Prime, Jazz.

If there is a wave 2 to follow this up, likely revealed at botcon. Then I think the classics fandom is really getting supremely spoiled again this year. Despite their whining this was a fantastic toy fair premier.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  13. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I too am disappointed in how these figures have turned out with the exception of Shockwave and Brawl. I seriously hope hasbro does not release the figures in G2/Energon colors. I will buy the set in hopes that a third party can improve on it. What is up with FOC Jazz and his toothpick legs? Looks like he is wearing skinny jeans!!!

14. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am all over the new line.

Will have 4 of all versions of bruticus.

Everything from FoC.

Anything else Hasbro decides to throw our way.

Why? To support the brand and push for more. Sure they didn't get everything perfect, but do they ever?

If you don't like it don't buy it.

15. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

You have a fair and valid point. None the less, there is definitely an overwhelming number of negative topics, which really puts a damper on such a fun hobby.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Shockwave can move in with me if he wants. I only have one bed so we'll have to share but I don't mind.

Optimus would be cool if not for the head and feet. Jazz is okay from the waist up. Bruticus is tight.

17. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    love the generations stuff, can't wait til they hit stores.

brut may look odd for some but I think it's a neat figure. I already have my FP brut which I consider perfection so I'm not looking for these to match up to that in anyway.

The bots look good as standalone figures too so I'll probably end up displaying them like that. if the combined mode is better then the pics have been looking...I might just pick up 2 sets if they offer multiple colors.

I'm actually really looking forward to these guys.

18. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

I am getting them all. I think they are all great, i plan on getting a 2nd Swindle so he can stay in bot mode

19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'd guess wrong Sir.

I'm one of those people who refuse to pay rediculous amounts of cash for 3rd party figures no mater how great they look.

This is why I rely on Hasbro to do their best in designing Generations figures.

What I'm not is one of those people who co-sign everything that Hasbro does. So if I'm not happy with it I will speak on it.

Whoa troops!

Why so much hostility? Can’t a person have an unbiased opinion or in this case change their mind w/o the poor assumptions or brash replies?

Let me just put out there that is was the Classics/generations Line that got me back into the whole transformers thing to begin with.

Can’t we all respect each other’s opinions?

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I'm pretty happy with the Bruticus colors. Really am. I love whacky colors. I'm still not a fan of the mold, and I'll be the first to say "told you so." When everyone first saw him and thought he was mis-transformed, I said no, he's just that bad...and sure enough I'm right.

Not everything can be written up as a mis-transformation. Sometimes the design is just poor. That being said I'm getting Bruticus since I missed out on the FP one. I have a feeling they'll eventually do an accessory pack for them that'll make him better, so there's that.