FOC Voyager Grimlock Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronic, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never play with my tf's anyway...

Nver like grimmys dino mode.. I like it ;) 

2. Karis Mahid

Karis Mahid My fiancee is the avatr

Sexy.

Good job Castro

3. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I honestly don't understand some of the hate for this figure.

He is absolutely OUTSTANDING and is one of the best Grimlock figures we've received to date. I put him ahead of the TF Animated Voyager which was also an outstanding figure and Classics Grimlock (which isn't that hard to do)

As far as the "hollow" complaints I just don't get it. Especially the comparisons to TF Prime RiD Ultra Magnus who is notorious for being hollow and feeling cheap.

I think someone even said that FOC Grimlock feels more hollow and cheaper than TF Prime RiD UM which couldn't be further from the truth.

FOC Grimlock is indeed hollow in some spots but, he is heavier and more solid than most Voyagers nowadays. He also has tighter joints than most and stands solidly which is more than can be said for most of Voyagers as well.

He oozes character, the weapons are absolutely awesome, and the Lightning Strike Coalition symbol on his chest in robot mode is a nice touch. The light up gimmick is really nice too.

If you're on the fence about this figure take the negative comments in this thread with a grain of salt. He is DEFINITELY worth picking up and is an ABSOLUTELY outstanding figure and GREAT representation of Grimlock.

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Hey, so it turns out some people use hyperbole when they feel strongly about a figure, be it positive or negative.

5. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol...and the name of the poster to boot!

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Lazy design (that tail... ewww), hollow, cheap feeling plastic.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ya know... I've had this figure and honestly don't consider the criticisms to be hyperbole. The worst I saw was what I myself compared him to a traffic cone.

But for the most part the complaints in this thread are spot on.

At best FoC Grimlock is a robot mode only display piece.

8. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    I didn't mean that the criticism was exaggerated. Most of it is pretty valid.

( Long story short, I was just trying to show him the contrast between his defense of his toy and his criticism of Hasbro MP Soundwave, which was pretty exaggerated. Kind of a long story so I won't bring more off-thread drama (my bad))

9. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

man, i'd buy this for ten bucks or less.

10. GAUGE

GAUGE No Time Fo JibbaJabba

News Credits:
    I took back some of my most recent purchases due to overspending this month.

I don't regret it, that Grimlock was among the returns.

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I wasn't mad or anything.
    People can get rather hyperbolic around these parts... I'm was just sayin' that... ohhh, you know.

It's all good.

12. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Wow just wow man.

Let. It. Go. Bro. Seriously.

First off I'm a grown man and YOU aren't going to show me anything.

Second off, your inability to let this Soundwave thing go is sad, scary, and stalker-esque with the way you're letting it bleed into another thread like this.

You don't like my opinions. I get that. It's more than fine and you have a right to feel the way you do.

But to carry it over into another thread like I insulted one of your family members, kicked your dog, or pissed in your corn flakes (or whatever it is that you eat) this morning is quite scary and more than a little strange.

What YOU need to learn is that it's possible in this world for someone to strongly like or strongly dislike something which includes toys that one collects.

And in case you haven't noticed and I need to spell it out or you, I'm beginning to strongly dislike you and your posts.

Now please just go away and leave me the hell alone.

13. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    I respect your opinion but, I still stand by mine.

IMO FOC is far better than a "traffic cone" or a "robot mode only display piece" or any of the other hate it's received in this thread.

Granted we haven't received very many Grimlock figures over the years but, in my collection to me, FOC Grimlock is the 2nd best figure of the character behind MP-08.

I had the chance to fiddle around with this figure alot. It's fun, posable, has tight joints, is a great pre-G1 representation of the character, and the toy just has a solid feel to it. I also think that the lightup gimmick is awesome and is one of the few that actually does something to improve the look and playability of a figure rather than just being an afterthought like most others.

I suspect (and I'm NOT saying that you yourself are doing this bellpeppers) and I could be wrong but, I think some of the haters around here do it because somehow it's "cool" to hate on something that most others love.

14. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    You're free to add me to your ignore list if that's your thing. But people with "strong" opinions should always expect to be called out on them. I may not do it in the future but others always will. Oh and don't act all defensive now, I don't have a fixation on you or "dislike your opinions". I just called you out on one silly thing you said.

I do genuinely apologize, however, for bringing an outside discussion to this thread. It was uncalled for and I'll stop it now.

15. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    [Tenacious D open mic host] OK, how 'bout you ladies take your tea party elsewhere... [\Tenacious D open mic host]

:p 

16. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    :lol  Yeah, I know, I know

Now to re-rail this horrible derail (that I caused) I still like the looks of this figure, though mine hasn't arrived yet. You're allowed to laugh at me for spending 50+ bucks for it! This is what we pay for a voyager import around here.

17. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Opened this guy up yesterday. Overall, I tend to agree with the general consensus of this thread, albeit my opinions are a bit less harsh. Dino mode is definitely the weak point. However, I'm actually pretty OK with it aside from the tail region. The LED is surprisingly powerful.

The transformation is super easy, I didn't even take the instructions out of the box or watch any reviews to help me. The worst part of the transformation, for me at least, is the robot mode shoulders/T-rex hips. I feel like the joint is just going to go *snap* one day. Soon. It just seems like a whole lot of stress gets put on a fragile joint.

The robot mode is where Grimlock really shines. I do agree this is more of a display piece, but I've been having tons of fun posing him trashing some Cons. Overall, I'm satisfied with him, no doubt in part from all the negative reviews lowering the bar for me. If you'e on the fence and happen to see him on sale, I'd say definitely grab him. At full price? Eh...

18. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait....naw...you....no.way....YOU SPENT $50 ON THIS PIECE OF SHIT?!!?!?!?

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

I don't give a shit what anyone says, or a grimlock fan boy that names himself after grimlock..of course your going to like it...this is still my biggest regret purchase I've made, and I paid full price for airrachnid. I actually enjoy airrachnid way more that this ball of shit.

The joints in the dino hips are not just shitty ratchet joints, unless you put pressure in the right spot to move them, you cause increased pressure on the teeth..and why are we even calling these things ratchet joints? Ratchet joints are on high quality toys. Not this piece of shit. Ratchet joints consist of some springs, metal parts, and always have a nice "CLICK" noise to them..this shit is NOT a ratchet joint.

Then say, "i don't get why everyone says its hollow..." Aaaaaaaaaa.....yea....the inside on the hips/shoulders, chest, legs, dino neck....all of it is hollow. Albeit for Tfmation in some spots, but still...HOLLOW piece of shit..and say its weaponS are perfect? It's got a cool sword, and shield that is a.3rd of the size it is in the game. BULLSHIT! they saved so much plastic on this piece of shit they could have tossed in a gun...NOOOooooOooooOoo..just a sword..

Oh..you wanna try and put another gun in his hand? Tough shit, won't work because the dino foot gets in the way of almost every gun, unless its handle peg is ALL THE WAY at the end of it, like the cool gun that comes with sideswipe. Hey...that's where all of grimlocks plastic went..into deluxe sideswipe's gun....gotta make it up somewhere..

I have not hated a transformer this much since I bought sky byte. I never owned anything from that lone, and around the time TFTM came out, I bought one, misb from a comic shop, time travelers for $40... Which was a lot. I got that Dumbass thing home and HATED it. Wait....WHY IN THE F#@$ did I think.a.ROBOT SHARK would be a cool transformer? Oh yea..robot shark..that sounds cool...NOT A COOL TOY.I HATED IT. I'm not talking your average whiny bitching 12 year old hate, I'M talking about the kind of hate like this was Hitler and Osama Bin laden tag teaming my mom, kind of HATE. A week later me and a buddy took it kit to his place, and we blasted it apart with an M14...it was SUCH a perfect end to such trash..the shot hit it and SHOWERED parts in such a perfect death blossom, raining pieces of a $40 toy in such glory we actually had pieces land on us..

Next time I have 2nd amendment day...you watch...THIS ball of shit will meet a similar end.

I don't like just buying a TF and putting it on a shelf, to forever not touch it. I F%@# with mine..I TF em...I play with em with my son...if this was to sit and NEVER be touched, i might consider allowing it to be spared...but piss on that shit man...this ball of shit DESERVES to F'n die...like KILL IT WITH VIOLENCE type shit.

I hate this figure. I have not had buyers remorse this bad since I bought the worst TF ever. I ill help re rail the thread with my bitchy whiney hate of this complete waste of $27. I would rather use the money buying drain-o and experiment on myself different ways to get high, than buy this piece of shit again...or recommend it

As the limeys say "complete rubbish"

19. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    Now this is extreme hyperbole.

Thanks for this post. I needed a good laugh this morning.

Btw you can give me yours if you hate it so much.

I'm actually in the market for an extra.

20. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    Excuse me sir but I said 50+.