FOC Voyager Grimlock Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronic, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I finally found one at a local store the other day thanks to a fellow member hiding one for me, been really difficult to grab him when all the scalpers were snatching him up to sell on eBay for their crazy prices. I feel sorry for the fools that pay that price.

I'm a huge Grimlock fan so he was a must, I'm watching for which 3rd party company is going to come out with a larger sword and shield for him tho

2. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have been, but I guess what I am saying is that comparative to older Grimlock toys, his seems the least solid, and it shouldn't feel like that. I don't think his legs would give, but it SEEMS like it could. I think I was just venting my displeasure with his dino form structure.

3. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Looking at the reviews, it seems that we should handle Grimlock with care. This is unusual for a dinosaur transformer. I am glad Hasbro made another Grimlock toy, but quality is important too. Maybe Takara will make a better quality one as they always do.

4. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got him there, agree the t rex legs are strange but the bot mode looks cool. The hollowness and transformation is different and it's obvious they wished to mix it up from the G1 transformation that has been implemented in G1, Animated and Masterpiece so props for the effort but it would have been a bit better had they stuck with it. LED is POWERFUL in it which is cool.

5. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    ^ The added paint looks really good!

7. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Thanks! The flat black head, fists, thighs and blue visor seemed to be a must to me! The red crotch was an afterthought :) 

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Just got mine yesterday and I enjoy it. I wish he had blue eyes. Jametron proved that he looks better with the blue eyes.

9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

If I find an extra one at retail, I think I may try my hand at adding paint apps.
    I'd like to use paint markers for this, can someone recommend some good ones?

10. Orion72

Orion72 Well-Known Member

Picked up Grimlock and Blaster the other day both are welcomed additions to my collection very good molds!

11. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    FOC Grimmy is now my Classics Grimmy. That Deluxe looking lizard will be repainted into something else...

12. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I agree; FOC Grimlock works best with Classics Optimus and the other characters from that line.

However, the Classics/Henkei Grimlock works best with the Classics 2-pack deluxe Optimus, green tank Megatron, titanium Soundwave, and robotmasters Starscream, Thundercracker, & Skywarp IMO.

13. slimsizzle

slimsizzle Well-Known Member

What paint/markers did you use for this? Thx

14. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I just got my hands on one today and I love this Grimlock a bunch.

Yes, both modes, especially his T-rex mode, are hollow-chested. Thankfully I don't mind it that much. Same goes for the tail. It doesn't look as big to me as it does in other pictures. The shoulder articulation is strange but still very functional. His bot mode looks fantastic and it poses wonderfully. Plus the size is great. I don't regret picking him up in the slightest.

15. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i got this figure today i think its a good figure, but not something i would willingly play with. its good for display, the weird shoulders feel like they will break, and the tails in the back of the legs do not stay pegged in and my figure has really ridged knees. thankfully i didnt pay for it as much as i would have locally or i might be more annoyed by it. i would give it a 5/10, only worth it if you are going to display it.

*edit*and after fiddling with it for awhile, it seems to have grown abit on me, i would bump it up to 6.5/10 it looks great, just wish some of the joints where better.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Bit of an odd request, but I was wondering if someone could take a picture of Grimlock in bot-mode next to RID Megatron/Galvatron in his bot-mode?

17. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    Fakebuster already has a bigger sword in the works.

And glad you found one at retail. I will not pay crazy scalper-prices for him either. There's no way in hell I'm going to reward that behavior.

18. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I look forward to that and yeah scalpers go way overboard on their prices, I was lucky enough to find the Legacy Power Morpher at retail when on eBay it's going for $100-$200, TRU retails it for $50.

19. 420bot

420bot ******

Got mine today, he looks awesome but all the comments make me not want to open him.
    I've read many comments.. but what are truly the biggest QC issues with the toy?
    Cheap plastic, bad molding, bad transformation, or bad design???
    Also does it feature any guns that aren't in the box like Soundwave/Soundblaster??

20. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Those aren't really QC issues.

He comes with the sword and shield as advertised.