FoC Ultra Magnus!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Jun 3, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

So I randomly decided to look threw the Wiki for any new FoC toys that I didn't see announced before and I noticed on the page for Ultra Magnus it mentions they're planning on doing a retool of the FoC Optimus Prime mold with a new head.

Well considering I already have a WfC Optimus Prime and I don't want to get two of the same mold I think I'll be waiting for the FoC Ultra Magnus and skipping the Optimus Prime version of the new mold. That way I have two different characters with two different molds.

There isn't a picture of the Ultra Magnus version but looking at the Optimus Prime version he does seem a bit bulkier like he has armor on. I think it works better for Ultra Magnus.

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    its been mentioned, was shown at the hasbro panel at botcon

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

already seen. along with Fireflight, SS, Sideswipe, and Kickback. though he is mis-transformed at the waist

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    He comes with a bf sword. I personally think he needs a hammer or a bfg.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

BTW, Optimus seems to totally have that sword in the game.

Plus it looks as if it's an attachment to Optimus' gun on this toy.

6. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG] i kinda wanna give him one of these

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    It would look sweet on him.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Looking at that, I might skip FOC Optimus and just get him, that way I can display him along with WFC Prime and they look significantly different.

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are bad ass.

11. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hotwire can actually make one for you if you just send him your PRID Cliff's hammer thing. only cost about 25 shipped depending on where you live. still deciding whether i should do it.

12. SaberPrime

I saw Fireflight on the wiki. I'm still debating between him and Shockwave. I really like the color scheme on Fireflight and he's another Autobot who are seriously outnumbered in this line up. However I really like Shockwave more as a character. Why they gotta make this so hard. :(  Even if I added Fireflight to the Autobot's team they're still greatly out numbered. The Autobots really need a combiner set to go with Bruticus to even things out.

By SS do you mean Starscream. I'm assuming because that's the only other character I know about. I haven't seen his mold yet but I'll be getting it just because I freaking love the WfC/FoC designs. Oddly enough Armada is my only Starscream figure... well I guess I have two of them sense Thundercracker is the same character. I was more into repaints back then. Starscream actually might be the one mold I'd break the no repaints rule for if they release Thundercracker and Skywarp. Mainly I'll break it for Skywarp because I really like his color scheme and I always thought he had the coolest power but Starscream is the most well known so I can't go without both of them.

Sideswipe I seen recently too and he's actually a rather extensive retool of Jazz not just a new head so I'll be getting both of them.

Kickback I have not really seen. At least not a good picture anyway. From what I have seen he may be the only mold I don't even want. I'll wait till I get a better look him though before I say that for sure.

Not counting Bruticus who I will be getting I just don't think it fair to count him when the Autobots don't have a combiner set.

WfC Optimus Prime vs. Megatron

WfC Bumblebee vs. Soundwave

FoC Ultra Magnus vs. Starscream

FoC Jazz vs. Shockwave*

FoC Sideswipe vs. Kickback*

That seems even that way... until you throw Bruticus in there then even if you remove the stars and add Fireflight the Decepticons still outnumber Autobots 8/6

I actually really want to set a display some where... I don't know where exactly but I want a display of the Autobots and Decepticons fighting each other on even terms so it would be nice to get either 2 more Autobot characters who aren't just repaints or to get an Autobot combiner set. I think that will determine weather I get Shockwave or Fireflight. Right now I really leaning towards Shockwave. And if I don't like the Kickback mold I do have a Generations Cyclonus who technically isn't a WfC/FoC figure but he'd be a decent stand in for one. He doesn't look that much different from his game model.

I want want the WfC/FoC to be it's own toy line instead of just some add on figures they stuck in Generations. :p  I'm having too much fun just planning out what I want to do with them.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Why not get BOTH Shockwave and Fireflight?

14. SaberPrime

Same reason I didn't get Bumblebee and Cliffjumper. I didn't want repaints. The new weapon is cool but not enough to really justify it for me. Sideswipe and Jazz are almost totally different vehicle modes so I make the exception for them cause of the extensive retooling.

Also I just saw the pictures of Kickback that were posted apparently while I was stilling writing my last post and no I will not be getting him because he's an insect and not a Cybertronian vehicle. :p 

That is the first time I've seen Starscream though so thanks for that. :)  I don't recall him having the giant guns under his wings in the game but it's still a nice mold.

15. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    holy shit that's awesome

16. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, Fireflight has a remolded chest, head, and weapon too. It's different enough for me and I usually don't buy remolds.

I'm also in the boat skipping on Prime and buying Ultra Magnus. The look is awful for Prime but man does it look amazing for UM.

17. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    what do you mean by "vehicle"?

18. SaberPrime

Are you seriously asking me this question? I've always been told that there are no stupid questions... then I saw this. Sorry but seriously everyone over the age of 5 knows what a vehicle is. You've got to be trolling me because I can't believe this is a real question.

19. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i meant the fact that he's a bug and you said "Cybertronian vehicle." i asked because i thought you thought he was a truck or something. sorry i asked

20. SaberPrime

I actually found a really nice side by side comparison of Jazz and Sideswipe.

[​IMG]

I can tell they're the same because they obviously have the same transformation with their wheels ending up in the same places but the remold is so extensive it's practically a new figure. This is the only way I can justify buying two of the same mold. I can't even call that the same mold anymore.