FOC Scramble City thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Jul 21, 2012.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

So I'm at work, which is exactly where I want to be for 12 hours on a Friday night/Saturday morning, and my mind turned to the new FOC toys, as they are what I'm anticipating the most right now. I got to thinking about Bruticus, and my mind quickly drifted towards Computron, which is as it should be. I got to thinking: how could we get a Computron in as few new molds as possible, and in a way that might encourage Hasbro to put out the other SC combiners?

Well, here's what I'm thinking:

Scattershot-new fighter mold, could be remolded/repainted into Silverbolt.

Strafe-we already have Blast-Off, and that Topspin head is nice. However, a new mold wouldn't be so bad, and could be repainted/remolded into other Aerialbots.

Nosecone-pretty much repaint Twin Twist.

Lightspeed-if not Swindle remold, then a new mold, so as to apply to the Stunticons.

Afterburner-new mold motorcycle, remold/repaint into Groove.

You'll notice that I left tons of room for the other SC combiners. I'm out of time on my break, so I leave it to you. What ways could we use the existing molds, and possibly the molds on my list, to get to the rest of the SC combiners?

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I'd rather they made new molds that actually looked good combined.

3. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    I like the idea of more FoC scramble city combiners. Just as long as they're not all Bruticus repaints.

WFC Scattershot and WFC Silverbolt look totally different...

4. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Perhaps starscream can be retooed into silverbolt.
    I too would prefer that hastak do entirely different molds, but they have shown that that simply isn't happening .

5. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look nothing alike as well.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Actually, I like your idea. Make 2-3 molds for each torso, two arms and two legs (with the Bruticus molds already taking up some of the slots), then mix-match for different sets/teams, or create your own combiner. If only we could get a set for different heads, too.

7. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

Heh, that kind of sounds like what Hasbro did with the Energon combiners. As long as they're done right, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

8. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I hope we'll get more of them. Preordered G2 and retail Bruticai, really excited for Ruination, just wish it wasn't such a long wait until all of these are in my hands. :) 

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Wow, alot of comments before I could reply. This will make for a long post.

Yeah, in a way, I agree. However, since I know we're stuck with what we got for now, and I know they aren't gonna make a new Bruticus on top of individual molds for every TF that was originally an individual mold, so I'm trying to think of a way we could make the best of things.

Okay, I'm referring to the Techobot Scattershot being brought into the WFC/FOCverse with a toy, not Scattorshot, which is a Cybertron character originally. I figured since I mentioned the Scramble City thing at the start of my post that it would be evident, but apparently I was wrong.

Okay, the SS mold would have to be so extensively retooled in order to that it'd be cheaper to make a new mold. That's regardless of whether you'd be intending it as simply a limb or as the centerpiece.

Kind of what I was hoping for. Hell, look at the minor differences in Jazz and the remold to Sideswipe, and it looks like a completely different toy. Apply that to the Stunticons and Aerialbots as far as limbs go, and you see what I mean.

Also thinking that we're also damn close to a Defensor as we stand. Maybe a new car mold for Streetwise, repaint/remold Swindle into First Aid, Vortex into blades, new mold for Groove, and repaint/remold Onslaught into Hot Spot. Hell, even a new centerpiece that could be remolded as Motormasterbreath. Tons of possibilities.