FoC - Scientist Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by itMFtis, Aug 2, 2012.

1. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In WfC, I enjoyed swooping in, transforming, firing off some combination of shotgun bullets and melee followed by a shockwave and deploying a sentry before flying off.

What is the new "order" of things going to be for scientists in this situation? Do they even get shockwave anymore?

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Healing and dont aim and if your in close-combat you have to dash from side to side or your dead and always try to get to the pick ups first

3. ShadowXD

ShadowXD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I usually jumping constantly or using the switch hands as a scientist when in a fight. Then flying way when my health is low. Which means I usually get an assist. Everytime I do a combat roll, I transform. Anybody else have this problem?

4. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have they announced or shown anything beyond the healing beam and sentry?

5. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

There's no shotgun now, totally going to have to rework my scientist strategy. Hope shockwave is improved over the WFC version.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Looks like they tried to make the Scientist less a flowchart and more an actively changing combatant this time around.

I found that throwing your sentry out as a distraction allowed you to finish off enemies or retreat if you needed to. They also made it much easier to cap a point as you had two guns instead of one.

I do like healing as an ability, now you can defend yourself while you heal and you arent limited by ammo. I think this is going to be very useful in Escalation. Provided you can keep out of the line of fire whilst you heal.

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    So far I am enjoying the new Scientist.

I too favored the Scientist class in WFC, played more Kamikaze/Vulture style either weakening the enemy team or finishing them off after the rest of my team rushed them.

This time around he does seem a bit more combat viable. Last night for the first time enjoyed a couple of TDs with ShadowsFM and Sideswipe80. And it actually felt good to be able to stand more of a chance combat wise with the other bots but still be able to support with Healing Beam for the heavy hitters.

8. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I FINALLY have perfected my skills/strategy at one of the classes: And that is the Scientist. This morning my score in 3 consecutive matches totaled 17-0 and after about 6 consecutive matches I went 32-2. When you are a Scientist, the energon recharger is your friend. I never go in the middle of the map anymore and always try to get people by surprise. If you want easy kills with a Scientist, look for players that are shooting out of windows, fly in and start shooting.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm loving the new scientist. I'm a killer with the orbital gun. Plus enemy scouts hate me because cloaking doesn't hide them anymore.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Whenever I spot someone camping at windows, or just plain walking into a building, I always try to follow them and catch them by surprise.
    I've learned that the first person to land a shot/melee usually wins. But not always, it actually seems kinda 50-50.

11. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the way Jetfire transforms. Still my favourite class!

12. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the orbital paintgun should be used more often. it lowers the armor of the target

13. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I love his transformation, but I don't like his robot design really.

But it does no damage and the few seconds it takes to switch weapons are crucial.

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah that's true, that's why i'm learning to not be solo

15. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

Pretty much this i like his transformation but his body/torso/jet are pretty fugly in my eyes and dont get me started on his wrinkly face

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I also noticed that the Scientist's jet rockets are instant death for a Infiltrator if you can get a direct hit. So use those if a Infiltrator is sniping.

17. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

I know me too!

Now, it's swoop in, transform, dash into melee, fire off NB rounds, jump--dash mid air, transform, and get out of dodge. * rinse repeat *

The first and second day of the demo release you were actually able to deploy a sentry so I imagine you can still do the same when the full release is out. They ditched the sentry and gave you the heal ability now in the demo.

18. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    The orbital pistol is ok but I wish it could get a more powerful sniper rifle soon... (tried the proton blaster from Vortex 's level in demo) that zoom lense view was great... I am expecting something better if a sniper ~ available..

Healing ability was good... at least i know my teammates enjoy my company.

Whether call it Scientist : I would just call myself a battle medic. Count on me be your wingman !!

19. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I earned the title of "shooting from the farthest" (or something like that) after I shot a Destroyer from very far... it took about 5 shots if I might have missed one shot.. So it does do damage !! Try again soon !!!

20. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Orbital Pistol definitely does damage, just not much. According to the stats listed on the weapon select screen, one shot from the semi-automatic Orbital Pistol does the same damage as one shot from the fully automatic Neutron Assault Rifle. On the other hand, I think the armor reduction effect can stack, if only a limited number of times, so that can start adding up.
    Also, one of the Scientist's weapons in the full game is the Photon Burst Rifle (it's there but demo-locked in...well, the demo). It's not exactly a sniper rifle, but it's a scoped long-range burst weapon, and it was always my favorite weapon in WfC so I'm happy to see it return.