FOC pre-order bonus Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Meggamus, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Since I haven't preordered a game before, I just wanted to kno if i will get the preorder bonus content from any shop/website I order it from or do certain shops/websites not offer the bonuses?

Also , I have preordered my copy from gamestation. Does anyone know if they are giving away the preorder bonus content? I have looked on their website and I can't see anything which indicates to anything about the preorder bonus content

And finally, if gamestation don't offer the bonus content, what shop/website will?

If anyone could help me I would be gratefull :thumb 

2. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The only confirmed bonuses are from Gamestop, Amazon and EB Games in Australia. You can get the preorder bonuses from all Gamestops (online or in store) and all EB Games in Australia (online or in store). You can also get the Amazon bonus but only online of course.

3. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Pre order bonuses are usually offered from a specific store or website. Gamestop for example will work both ways. Since they have both stores and a website, you can get the same bonus content from either spot.

I don't think Gamestation will be offering any exclusive content since they were not mentioned as having a bonus. Unless they get their games from a place that does.

It depends on what content you want. I would recommend going to a place that has the content you want. So if you want the G1 Retro Pack, get it from Gamestop. If you want the G1 Bruticus, pre order from Amazon. Pretty simple stuff actually.

I pre ordered FOC from Gamestop, all you need is a down payment of $5 or whatever and you will have a guranteed copy. I think they give you a code or something when the game comes in.

4. Meggamus

So if I preordered it from GameStop (online) would the game and the codes be sent to my house when it is out?

Also, since I am in the UK, DVDs that are from the USA don't work on UK DVD players so will games that are ordered from the USA not work on my Xbox in the UK ?

Thank you both for your help :thumb 

5. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    I'm from the UK and what there saying is purely for US. No pre-order bonuses have been mentioned for any sites yet in the UK so gamestation may get one. This is why I still havn't pre-ordered.
    Plus I would not recomend you get a US game since the pre-order codes you get wouldn't work in the UK since there US codes. Plus any future DLC you get would also not work with a US game as the DLC would be EU.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    US Xbox games will not work on a UK 360.
    Unless a UK retailer offers a pre-order incentive closer to release then the only way as of now to obtain the DLC will be buy it from someone in an area with pre-order bonuses.
    However the DLC codes may be region locked, we won't know until someone tries.

However, given that Australia only just got their pre-order bonus announcement I'm sure Europe will follow soon. Probably the G1 retro pack that is offered at US Gamestops if anything.

7. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    From looking at the places you can pre-order from the FOC website in the UK....

There is HMV and Amazon so my guess is HMV with the retro pack and G2 colour bruticus/swoop unlock from amazon

8. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

You can always rely on Gamestop.

9. Meggamus

Thanku for feedback

I'll stick with my gamestation preorder and see what happens. All the preorder content will prob come out as DLC after a few months so if the worst come to the worst then I'll get the DLC

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    US codes work abroad--I live in Japan and the WFC codes I got for it worked for me here. The "trick," not really a trick, the key for getting American or wherever codes to work for you is to have a PSN account in the area from which the code(s) originates. I have both an American and Japanese PSN account, so that I can double dip on goodies;)  Sadly, movies, music and trailers on PSN are region locked--why did they lock movie trailers?

I don't know how much Optimus will cost to purchase from PSN, but it may be better to get Bruticus from Amazon and pay for Optimus from PSN when he shows up in the following weeks/months, as Gamestop chargers $24.99 for express mail service for those living overseas--that's a lot of money for one game ($5.00 for each additional game). Amazon.com, however, charges something like $12 for the same or similar service.

We'll probably have to wait a bit like we did for the first character pack of WFC, but I'm sure the limited store exclusives will once again show up at PSN, and they'll probably cost about $10 or so again.