FoC Powerups...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by G1Vanguard, Sep 4, 2012.

1. G1Vanguard

G1Vanguard TRUKK NOT MUNKY

Seriously. I know they're supposed to be helpful, but High Moon took out many things they found unbalanced, and the powerups are balanced?

The Ultra Power Core seems fine, it has an AOE so you can't just run around regenerating ammo with a damage buff.

The Energon Recharger is wayyyy too overpowered. Maybe, when activated, it slows your movement speed down? This way you become more like a durable turret. As it is, it's just the Transformers equivalent to the Starman from Mario.

The Intercooler I'm not too sure. I rarely see it picked up, only in capture the flag to run faster when holding the flag. Maybe take out the movement speed bonus and just work on faster recharging abilities?

2. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With power ups they are at least available to everyone on the map and not just the people who have reached a specific level for example.
    But I guess one thing they can change is just how fast the energon is recovered, its fine as it is.

3. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    Ultra Power Core - Damage Buff x1.2, Small AOE

Intercooler - Increased robot moving speed and shortens ability recharge time

Energon Recharger - Makes player nearly invincible for a short amount of time.

I agree the Energon Recharger is the better one, but it's basically the new overshield. It's not overpowered since you can still lose a fight against 2 or more enemies when using it. It's obvious that you can't take down a guy with it on your own.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I wouldnt say they were overpowered. None of them are anywhere near as powerful as the Overshield from War.

The main problem is it encourages camping as these things always spawn in the same location. I do wish there was the option to play with them turned off. Performance boosting Pick-ups really shouldnt be a thing in a shooter released in 2012.

5. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    The energon recharger needs to be nerfed a little since with some weapons its almost impossible to kill a guy who has it

6. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No, I like the energon recharger. You just have to learn to get out of their way like with the overshield and warcry.

7. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

I disagree with the Energon Recharger. Cause in most situations, you'll run into multiple people and usually i'm alone, so it works for me in desperate time of need. So i say keep it the way it is, but give the intercooler a faster running speed so it'll encourage other players to stop spamming the recharger.

8. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    They should randomise them

9. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'd like to see some thermo mines or something.

10. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

That would work fine too. Especially if you're playing tactically. Oh man, the fun i'd have with those!

11. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I agree that the Energon Recharger is a bit overpowered, but the only map where people really race to find it is Array, in the others, it's pretty well hidden. And if you see someone with it and you can't deal with them right now, just run for it. But I did quite easily kill someone who had it once.