FOC Optimus Prime and his armor

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by c9158183, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ray Zhou

Ray Zhou Member

Wah..Really cool!!! Looking forward to the next post!

2. Ray Zhou

Ray Zhou Member

My friend, it is really great..pls keep fighting!

3. Ray Zhou

Ray Zhou Member

up up up!!!

4. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Seriously couldn't agree more

5. Robot.MacGyver

Robot.MacGyver Improvisational Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Absolutely loving seeing the progression.
    I love to see all the progress in someone's work as it often leads to clever off focus ideas.
    You try one thing, then change it up, add parts, add accessories, experiment.
    Usually just the finished product is posted with a summarized explanation of parts used, hardly the trial and error to find the right fit.
    That being said, the new add ons are amazing and really bring this guy together.
    Keep it up and I hope to see this guy completed soon.

6. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Thanks! I may actually keep the rocket mount; Ultra Magnus would look cool with a BFG on his shoulder.

7. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Aaaaaaaand, subscribed.........
    This is pretty damn sweet. The only problem I have is whether to do both Prime and Ultra Magnus or just Ultra Magnus.

-Just picked up a junker Cybertron Defense Red Alert on Ebay for $10!

8. c9158183

c9158183 Active Member

Below are my latest replies in the product thread:

a) As the project proceed, I will made the add-on parts available separately (e.g. some might only need the knees pair for their own customizations) and eventually in a set when all are done. Below are the available sequence for the moment.
    1. 'Chest, Waist and Hip' set
    2. 'Shoulder, Forearms and Hands' set
    3. 'Head and Neck' set (the head might have copyright issue :<)
    4. Others

b) Attached is the WIP dual barrel shoulder cannon I am working on in parallel with the body parts. Any comment/suggestion is much appreciated :>
    dual barrel shoulder cannons (Resized for TFW2005).jpg

c) Ultra Magnus is second in my to-do list. In fact I have been thinking of the purposes of his tower-like shoulders and how to conceal them in trailer mode.

9. autobotcliff

autobotcliff Well-Known Member

Very nice! I've been following your work for a while, and you can now count me in as a subscriber. :) 

10. c9158183

c9158183 Active Member

I received questions on recommendation for a Prime head and how the head is attached to the combined Prime.

For the first question, I do not have many Prime heads to choose from for the combined one with new waist and hip so I draw and print a rough one for the purpose. First photo below is a size comparison of the rough head (right) against the head of a KO Alternator Black Convoy (left) being used at an earlier stage without the waist and hip parts. If you find any Prime head(s) that suit the purpose of the rough one please kindly share in here for others' reference. Any help you can provide is much appreciated :>

Second photo shows the neck part I made to connect the head to the combined Prime. Third photo shows how it works - flips open head cover of FoC Prime, slides in the part first on its front then on the back until it fills the empty space and secures itself above the head of FoC Prime. The hole on the neck allows me to plup in the Prime head with a third party ball joint. No modification on FoC Prime is required to use this neck part.

Concerning progress I am very busy for these weeks and I will resume the project as soon as I can :>
    Head comparison (Resized).jpg Neck Connector 001+002 (Resized).jpg Neck Connector Assemble Instruction 001 and 002 (With Texts) (Resized).jpg

11. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    I always thought Energon's battle cap was a pretty cool idea, if you wanted to use that instead of a new head, or Optimus Maximus. He has one badass head.

12. SUPREMEPRIME18

SUPREMEPRIME18 Well-Known Member

i already have that custom using both of those figs by Decepti-Punk Customs. Its an awesome idea.

13. XxsnipersnakexX

XxsnipersnakexX the G1 prick

awesome. somebody needs to upgrade Megatron to balance the factions!

14. c9158183

c9158183 Active Member

Thank you for the suggestions! Optimus Maximus has a well designed and detailed head! However, it is too big as attached but it is definitely a good reference!
    Head comparison 002 (Resized).jpg

The one made by Decepti-Punk Customs is very well made and I like it very much! You are so lucky to have acquired this masterpiece!

Indeed I always ask himself what type(s) of Megatron can match with this combined Prime...hopefully I can have something to share very soon :>