Minor/Repaint: FOC Optimus mod (inspired by goosefish)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by javaco, Oct 2, 2012.

1. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    so! i saw goosefish's mods to optimus, and knew i had to re create it!
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/664859-taiwan-foc-optimus-remod.html that's his.

i tried by best and kind of messed up so i had to improvise, but i actually like my improvisations better because now he is more sturdy.

i did not do the waist mod where it slides forward cause i didnt feel it to be necessary. but i DID add a balljoint in each wrist to give more motion while using his sword (donated by TFP Prime) which fits him PERFECTLY!

Prime:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mods:
    lets start off with vehicle mode, looks the same. but you can see where i cut into the shoulder. (the white is styrene to fix my mistake.
    [​IMG]

i cut off the arm ball joints from the base and then drilled through the neck and the pegs for the arms and slid a pin through. [​IMG]

heres a side view, i then cut a "track" of sorts so his shoulders can slide more forward. i also snipped off the tab on the grey shoulder piece that slides into the slot for alt mode.
    [​IMG]

and in order to keep his shoulders in place from swinging around, i cut two more holes, on in the shoulder, on the inner flat site opposite of the ball joint, and one in the corner of the windshield, then slid a small pin in so this will slide into the window hole.. no movement anymore.
    [​IMG]

now inside, i had to make a stopper basically, the head would be all floppy so i needed to add a slot for the neck so the head would not fall inside.
    [​IMG]

and now the wrist. pretty simple, found a balljoint that fit the already made hole in the forearm (unfortunate color) then cut off the swivle from the hand and drill a hole then pop the end of the balljoin in the hand.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and all done!

i guess you could say this was sort of a tutorial for those who wanted to make one like mine or goosefish's

but tell me what you think

Attached Files:

2. tkadufcjswo

tkadufcjswo Member

Interesting.. but i think the waist mod was integral in the overall improvement ☆