FOC on Steam (PC) UK release?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by dkr7, Aug 22, 2012.

1. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    So it's says it's out on the 23rd which is tomorrow, i've already p/o'd and pre-loaded the game so will i be able to play it from midnight? Anyone in the same boat know how this works? Never p/o'd off Steam before

2. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

The Aus FoC was available on the 22nd so I know what you're talking about , to speed things up you could use a VPN to initialise the download (you can resume wth it off) and install it and play a few hours early.

3. dkr7

News Credits:
    I've already downloaded and installed the game, it now says it will unlock on release which is the 23rd. I'm just wondering whether it will unlock at midnight or at some other time during the day?

If it unlocks at midnight i was gonna stay up late to get some games in, been dying to play this game ever since the first trailer.

4. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

Midnight, but you can unlock it earlier if you use a VPN it make yourself appear as though you're connecting to steam from North America.

It's about 8:00 now in the UK, that way you can get it 4 hours early.

5. dkr7

News Credits:
    couldn't do the VPN thing and the game still isn't unlocked and it's meant to be out today? Anyone know how i contact Steam to find out what's going on?