FOC Jazz help please!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Duwian, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

Hi everyone!

I got FOC Jazz today, and I think mine is broken, or flawed rather. The white panel his blue neck piece is connected to by the hinge (that goes in between the pipes on the back of the car in vehicle mode) does not go all the way forward in vehicle mode. This piece, when the back part of the car (the panel with the spoiler) is folded out for vehicle mode, is not flush with the part of the car that holds the pipes on the back. I tried pushing it forward with no luck. Has this happened to anyone else? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I've also watched multiple Youtube reviews, and the reviewers always just fold out the panel with the spoiler to put the head panel in place. Mine just doesn't go any further forward.

P.S. I realize describing this problem isn't the best way to tell you what's wrong. I'll see if I can post a picture.

2. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Photos?

3. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Kinda hard to answer this without pics, but that's not your fault (it's not easy to describe it, lol). Regardless, I think I know what you mean, and I think that all toys are like that (or at least mine). I'm not entirely sure though. Sorry if this doesn't help.

4. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    This might not be your issue but if you don't clip the arms all the way together it can keep the top from setting flush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Duwian

Thank you everyone! I will try to post pics tomorrow. Millerman, I have the arms clipped in all the way, and it doesn't work. Even without connecting anything, I can not get the top of car to be flat. The one piece his head is connected to sticks up.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Mine is like that. It sticks up just a little bit. Enough to bother but, not enough to replace.

7. Duwian

I got pictures.

[​IMG]

You'll notice that one panel is sticking out considerably rather than staying flush with the others. I can't push it more forward!

[​IMG]

See the space between these two panels? I can't make it go away. These panels are connected to the one in the above photo. If I could push these two panels together, the other panel would go into place too.

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like in vehicle mode. Not too bad, but maybe someone has a solution.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Mine is like that. I didn't think that much of it.

9. Duwian

I can live with it, easily, but I was wondering if maybe someone had a solution is all.

10. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

mines like that...not as smooth as the card figure lol

11. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Mine was like that, actually, but after transforming him a bit, it fits together normally now.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have an answer for you. The white panel in the middle is supposed to go flush with the pieces on the side of it. I suspect you have some mold flash on one of the hinges. I count 3 hinges that might affect it. Also check the in sides where the center pieces physically would pass between the exhausts. Check both the trouble piece and parts directly next to the exhausts.

Basically look at every surface that moves or interacts with the central piece there and see if there is any mold flash still on the toy.

13. Duwian

Nope, what did you do? You just messed with it?

And Ryoku, thank you! I will try this right now! It looks like whatever is in the way is under the panel that sticks out. Like there's too much plastic either on the underside of the panel that sticks out or on the top of where it is supposed to slide over.

14. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    I think mine has exactly what you are describing. I was wondering if mine was defective as well, but it sounds like many of these are like that! Not sure why the reviewers' copies weren't like that, though (I noticed that too).

EDIT- just saw the pics. Yep, mine is like that also. A little annoying, but not the end of the world, IMO.

15. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Mine looks just like that!!!

16. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Member

Has anyone had any luck fixing this issue? I just got one today and It's driving me nuts