FOC Image Breakdown

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by UndeadMonkeyGuy, Feb 17, 2012.

1. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    THREAD TITLE NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE STUNTICONS

I just realized something you would of never seen in the actual game-play from the GT.TV gameplay but you can see in these screen-shots I took...

The health in this game looks like everyone has an over-shield, kinda just like Halo. When that goes down you will get actual damage, meaning you will get the energon cubes to fill that health bar back up fully. Matt Tieger said something about not having segmented health and having a regenerative health, but I think the over-shield will regenerate but not the health. Plus the over-shields have been re-designed. I can prove this by these 3 screen-shots...

In this one you see a shield around Optimus with ripples on and you can see in the lower left 2 health bars, 1 is the over-shield as shown by the shield symbol next to it and the fact it's blue, and the other is the actual health bar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The same ripples are seen around the head area of Vortex in this image..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also to back up my theory I also took this screenshot, if there is regenerative health as said by Matt Tieger why is there this:
    [​IMG]

So my verdict is that it will be just like Halo's health system, with a regenerative shield and non-regenerative health. So thats where the health cubes come in.

In every screenshot i took the blue bar has been there. Even with bruticus, except when bruticus got badly damaged. Shown here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can see the shield's gone back up but the health hasn't...
    [​IMG]

I think this shield thing may be only for player controlled bots rather than the A.I

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Interesting but what's up with the placing constantly changing.

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you mean? The various on-screen displays appear to be in the same spots in each picture (health on the left, ammo on the right).

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly I was expecting a Picture of Breakdown the character. :p 

Interesting analysis though.

5. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too on both accounts

6. UndeadMonkeyGuy

News Credits:
    With what I think I'm not so sure if there's going to be an overshield placed in the multiplayer maps, since everyone already has one. Unless it's also kinda like the extra shield in halo, where your shield hit points double. lol

The only problem is, if my theory is correct them people will take even longer to kill than WFC. Unless the weapon damage is raised.

Also as a side note do you think that there going to bring the guns from WFC over to FOC?
    Coz I would like to have some of the old weapons back, like the null ray and EMP Shotgun...BUT NOT THE MAGMA FRAG LAUNCHER..

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I actually like this kind of health system.

8. UndeadMonkeyGuy

News Credits:
    I'm not saying it's a bad health system. :) 
    I'm just saying what I think they've done to the health system. I personally think it's a good idea, because if the over-shield is regenerative like in halo it means your not going to get killed as easily as you can go behind cover and wait for it to go back up before you go looking for a cube.

9. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Copping the Halo health system was an excellent move, and I am incredibly in favor of it.

10. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

If they raise the weapon damage to counter the extra health, what would be the point of adding the extra health in the first place? My guess is that the overshield will only be available in Campaign, as you have to survive the full level. But in Multiplayer, you will respawn so there's no need to have extra health. Idk about Escalation though. We could have the old Escalation, where we have to buy the overshield. Or we would have the overshield from the start, but when we lose it we have to buy a new one. It just wouldn't be fair if we had the overshield thing regenerate in Escalation.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Very much that.

Transformers is no stranger to a system like this, DOTM on the DS used a shield and armor system, where once your shield is depleted, you take armor damage. Once your armor is gone, one hit and you're dead. Between levels in your one store that upgrades all characters you could upgrade both shield and armor levels and they were fairly major upgrades, like 25% increases.

With the upgrade system at least in single player, it was said that when you purchase any upgrade, it's a major change. Perhaps they're taking some cues?

For multiplayer I can see them using the default version of the characters, so no upgrades for most games and upgrades available in Escalation. Assuming that Escalation even uses regular TFs and not say, the Dinobots.

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    OH GOD. THIS.

I've fallen at the hands of a leader SO MANY DAMN TIMES because of that cheap stupid piece of crap...
    It feels so good to kill a fragger, 'cause they know they're being cheap, and they know that they're being targeted for it... (or avoided)