FOC High Moon to lazy to do PC version

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by lordtigerhawk, Mar 30, 2012.

1. lordtigerhawk

lordtigerhawk Well-Known Member

"CVG Home / News Posted on Thursday 16-Feb-2012 1:01 PM Transformers: Fall of Cybertron dev explains PC snub
    High Moon Studios says PC is "outside our area of expertise"
    Share this +
    Submit Article To N4G Submit Article To Reddit Submit Article To del.icio.us Submit Article To Digg Submit Article To StumbleUpon Close Comments 10 By Tamoor Hussain for computerandvideogames.com
    Transformers: Fall of Cyberton developer High Moon Studios has explained why it won't be releasing a PC version of the game alongside Xbox 360 and PS3 editions later this year.

Speaking to Kotaku, game director Matt Tieger said PC development just the studio's strong point, and that after failing to meet the expectations of PC gamers with its last offering, it opted not to try again with Fall of Cybertron.

"There are a couple of reasons why that is... Focus is one. I know that it's not a huge leap to do a PC SKU, but it is different. It's outside of our area of expertise, to be honest," he said. "I think there are a few things that are inherent in what PC consumers are looking for that frankly we didn't deliver good on."

According to Tieger, aspects of console development such as remapping controls and "some of the voice over stuff" is "easy or comes inherently on the console", which wasn't the case during development of the PC SKU.

"We were spread so thin that I feel like we barely served that audience. Then there were some issues with continued support that were frankly beyond our control, but at the same time did not create a great experience for PC gamers that got it.

"It seems like so glamorous from the outside, but games are this constant struggle of tough choices; it just is when you're making a game. Despite the fact that it's an artistic creation, the technical constraints of how many resources you have and what you can do - you really want to try and do the things you can do well."

Activision revealed Fall of Cybertron late last year. The game will continue the story of the battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons on Cybertron." :banghead: :wtf: 

The Short version BS!!!! How is this game created not in a PS3 OR an Xbox 360 Game unit. BUT THEY USE COMPUTERS TO RUN, TEST AND CREATE THE SOFTWARE!!!! Not buying it. I for one will let High Moon Get and Earful at Botcon this year if they are there. :stick: 

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get an Xbox.

3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just because it's made on a computer doesn't mean its meant to played on a computer. They program it to run on the PS3 and XBOX systems.

4. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They suck PS3 is better but PC is superior to both, and seriously High Moon is just too lazy to make a PC version, it'd sell better than either console version

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    :stick:  do you know how difficult or next to fucking impossible it would be to make a game like FOC on a goddamn xbox or PS3?

and to echo the first reply: get an xbox.

not to sound like a jerk, but sometimes these little rants are actually somewhat laughable. but seriously, get an xbox. modding and hacking are stupid and pointless.

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Way to ignore the fucking article dude. This shit just pisses me off. Things are not black and white. You have to only look at the PC version of War to see that High Moon CAN make a PC version but cannot do so WELL. It's better for them to make the game console exclusive than to deliver a shitty experience.

They are not being lazy, you're being an ignorant fuck head. Do you want to give them the extra millions of dollars to allow High Moon to gain and develop the ability to support PC as well they deserve? Activision sure doesn't and with a tight budget things get cut.

This just pisses me off.

7. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is totally not correct. Not the PS3 vs XBox 360 thing, they both have their pros and cons.
    I mean that a PC version would sell better than either console version. While working at Gamestop I rarely sold PC games that were available for consoles also. PC games sold but it was something like 15 to 1 XBox vs PC and around 12 to 1 PS3 vs PC.
    If there was money to be made you better bet your ass Hgh Moon would be making a PC version. Bottom line is this, WFC most likely didn't sell very well on PC so HM decided not to make a PC version of FOC. It sucks for the PC only crowd but that's the way it is at the moment.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then get a PS3.

9. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    personally i'm an xbox guy but in general, PC does not and cannot compare to console gaming. but either console is fine. just pick one (then you won't have to worry about things like this happening) and just please be done with this. HMS isn't lazy and that's THAT.

10. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    I'm not getting into a whole console war here, But as everyone has said Man up and buy a PS3 or Xbox360.

and just so you know the Consoles and PC have completely Different OS (Operating Software) running them. Just because Something work on one doesn't mean it works on the other.

I would explain it better but an ignorant jackwipe like you would just ignore it

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

You're a funny guy. No really. Hahahahahahha. That's a good joke.

But seriously, console gaming in reality has nothing on PC minus competent developer support. Anything a console can do, the PC can do better and more. This isn't even debatable on the hardware front. Software gets iffy because of exclusives and the like, but any competent version of a game should be superior on PC. There are just so many more options available.

Regardless, High Moon showed that they didn't have the man power do do diddly shit on PC. You either do it right or you go home, and I'm sure Activision couldn't give a rat's ass about anything other than console sheep they love to exploit. There were so many issues with PC WFC it was inexcusable. I mean, no kind of support for voice or text in a multiplayer game? P2P match making where servers would make more sense? What a joke. As much as I would like the game on PC, if they can't do it right they'll only suffer for it.

12. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    Right lets put this in plain black an white for you,

They said they can't do it simply because they don't completely know how to do it very well. They also got to put some development time into making the PC version workable for the PC meaning they need to spend more money, and the outcome isn't going to be a success so why just throw that money down the drain to make something that won't sell well.

Also there is also another huge factor in this, its called pirating. You see it's so easy to pirate something on the PC it's unbelievable, meaning a even bigger loss of money on the already wasted product for the PC. Yes, I know pirating can also happen on consoles but its MUCH harder.

So there you have it, the likely reasons there not doing it, because at the end of the day they gotta make money or there gonna drop the franchise and make something else. Putting it on the PC will lose them money not gain them money...

^
    Yes...yes they will

13. lordtigerhawk

I have lived thourgh one console wars already where companies dominated the market. If an Article I read is true about the new PS4 or X-box that you can't use the game unless you regiseter it then it is only good as long a you own it. I think we will see the end of the Cansoles that every one loves so much. The Article said that this way to cut down on the secondary game market because Sony and Microsoft are not getting their cut when some one buys a used game. So the day of the PC is retuning. :thumb 

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why do they have to be lazy?

HMS admitted that they couldn't make a PC game, and rather making another crappy attempt at it, they decided not to. That's not lazy, but classy--they aren't trying to take your money like so many other companies would.

Is it lazy of you not getting a job or a second job to help you purchase a system to play this game on as well as the game? If you want the game badly enough, save some money and buy a used 360 or PS3 or a new one if there are other games that you want to play.

15. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Although I completely agree with your 1st point, your 2nd point is WAY off base. Not getting a job or particularly a 2nd job so you can afford a gaming console is not being lazy.

16. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    not going to get into a huge debate with any PC gamers but i've tried PC gaming and compared every aspect of it to every aspect of console gaming and what you highlighted is just my opinion.

anyway. if HMS were lazy, then they wouldn't have wanted to make FOC for PC. but they simply can't make it for PC because they aren't as experienced with PC game-making. so it's not a matter of will. it's a matter of ability. and Undeadmonkeyguy is right. people hack, mod, pirate, torrent etc... everywhere you go on PC. HMS would lose money on something they aren't good at and they'd get bad reviews. and if you get your games by pirating and torrenting, then you should probably get a job.

17. Agentknife

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is already happening and it isn't even making a dent in sales or used sales. Right now if you buy a used copy of Modern Warfare 3 on either console you must pay $10 for a code to access the multiplayer. Same for most EA games. If you buy a used copy of Batman Arkham City you must buy a code to gain access to the Catwoman part of the campaign. I don't like it but it has done nothing to sales.

18. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Seriously, stop with these threads... They can't do it because they feel like they will screw up like they did before with WFC....
    As a PC gamer, I say that's fine.

Get a xbox and shut up. (Xbox because it's the cheapest)

19. lordtigerhawk

:bay  FLAME WAR!!!! This was by opinion. I as a PC Gamer am Tired of getting screwed in titles that have gotten my interested. HMS Just has added to a long list of companies that have left a bad taste in my mouth.

20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PC guys are worst than console fanboys. Always calling a company lazy if a game doesn't come out for the PC. Good grief.