FOC escalation mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    hey, just wondering if anyone knows if there will be an escalation mode in FOC

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

No announcement.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hope so

4. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

My thoughts exactly

5. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

There should be. If there isn't, then I will be extremely disappointed. Escalation was my of my favorite things about WFC. If they take it out I will still buy the game, but it will detract from the overall experience IMO.

6. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Maybe this is a bit harsh but....who cares if there happens to be no Escalation mode? It seems like no one cares about singleplayer anymore. I mean yeah, I'm glad it's gonna have multiplayer deathmatch and all that, but I'm more pumped for the campaign. Dunno about you guys but that's just my two cents. Heck, I still enjoy the campaign in WFC even though I'll admit it can get a bit repetitive.

7. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

The campaign is actually what I am looking forward to the most in FoC. I'm super excited about the story and can't wait to see the outcome. But once you are done with the story mode, playing it over and over again can get repetitive. With escalation, you can fight of waves of enemies till you drop. Although, this can repetitive as well. Escalation is just another option you have when you don't feel like playing the campaign(again), deathmatch, conquest, etc. and I love having a lot of options when it comes to games.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    better be, i still play wfc escalation once in a while, can't play campaign another time through anymore. and multiplayer got boring too. at least there's something to fall back on when the same happens to foc

9. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I will say I do enjoy Escalation but I don't play it too often. It's not that I suck or anything, I just get bored at around the 8th wave or so. Plus most of my teammates end up being dicks. I've had so many moments where they'd stand by my incapacitated character and not even bother to revive me. I'd play it with my cousin but he's too big of a Halo freak.

10. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yeah, all three modes are boring after a while but hopefully FOC's escalation and campaign will be better with the new and improved AI

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm looking forward to every aspect of FOC, myself. Anything they can put into the game will make it a lot more interesting. More game modes for multiplayer, and special rewards (such as armor customization pieces) for playing different game modes so one doesn't just stay in Team Deathmatch forever.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed, i only play escalation with at least one friend, all randoms doesn't make a fun experience

13. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I'm betting with mission layout, dropped co-op, and character selection it seems like the core game will be very much like dotm with no escalation. I for one am another who really likes the single player experience, I hope they add a longer campaign this time around.

14. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

If I thought the AI were hard to battle after wave 15 in WFC escalation, I can't imagine wave 10 in FOC... (assuming they will improve their intelligence by making them almost like real players)

15. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    it's probably gonna be a living hell in FOC's escalation

16. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I started dipping my toes into WFC Escalation recently. For the most part I've been enjoying it, so I'm hoping FoC has Escalation as well.

17. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Escalation was my favourite part of WFC, so I really hope FOC has it. I never really had problems with random people as team mates, I always found that either everyone was on the same page and working together from the start or everyone for themselves. I always play for the team, opening doors, healing etc and I found that most people then started to do the same especially once you reach high levels.

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    im really lookin forward to the campaign as well. The campaigns always fun and if its anything like WFC it'll have some great big set pieces to play out. But the campaign, especially now that they've announced no co-op and pre-determined characters the campaigns lost a lot of replayability that WFC had. With that said, after mopping up the campaign in WFC i spent a lot of time in Escalation playing with friends and stuff. That modes stretched the replayability a LOT for me and for High Moon to off that mode in FoC [which i doubt they will. didnt we hear already in an interview or something that escalation remains intact for FOC?] would be a terrible idea.

Escalation FTW

lets just hope they have a few more maps and they upgrade the way Escalation works [similar to how Epic brought Horde mode up a notch with all the new stuff theyve added in Gears 3]

19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Oh there will be. Why hype it in WfC only to drop it? People are too worked up on DotM which lacked the mode (shocker!)

I'm not looking forward to an particular aspect, just the whole game. Too many games just have lackluster singleplayer modes. WfC's was OK at best. Entertaining but nothing special. It wasn't Arkham Asylum or Dead Space.

20. DavetheUsher

DavetheUsher Youtube Content Creator

Ebay:
    5 lousy maps and no Escalation. This game was a disappointment.