FOC Disk Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BooyakaDragon, Jun 24, 2012.

1. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Okay, I am moving out of country after FOC comes out and I was wondering if A US FOC Disk would work on my console in the country I am going to?

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Consoles are region locked. A European game will not run on an American system.

3. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    What if I bought it in the U.S?

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought I read that the PS3 system and games were all compatible with the exception of Hard Boiled (or whatever it's called) because it has the actual movie on the disc.

I have a few PS3 games from Hong Kong, and they work just fine on my American PS3. I also have a few Japanese PSN games.

Wouldn't PAL work with NTSC, assuming the user is using HDMI cables and an HDTV?

5. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

A US game will work on a US console no matter where you are. Taking your console to another country does not make it magically change its Region code.

LOL!

6. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yes, but the power supplies are drastically different, IIRC.

The PS3/Blurays are not region free, it's just that the regional grouping for the territories is a lot different than with DVDs, and a few movie production companies such as Universal, Paramount, Sony Pictures and Warner have released most (if not all) of their movies without these regional limitations.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The power supplies are different, but (in the case Sony's recent products) power converters have been built into each system apparently.

I'm well aware of Blu-ray's regions A, B and C and DVDs regions 1-6 for domestic use; however, these regions appear to ONLY be for movies, not games.

From what I've read, and my own experience using PS3/PSP/PSVita machines and games they are universal with one another; however, if a publisher wants to region lock there games, Sony won't stop them.

I had PSP games from the States that ran on my Japanese PSP without issue. UMD movies, however, were region locked and would not run without custom firmware.

My American PS3 runs games purchased from Hong Kong and Japan the same way PSP games do, region free--some even offer English language support, but not all.

In my experience using Sony's recent gaming machines, Hollywood's region coding doesn't work for games the same way it does for movies, save for PS2 games.

The games I've purchased were all formatted for NTSC markets, which may or may not matter, though PS2 games in my region are all NTSC and they won't play on any machine save for the one they are designated to run on.

PSP and newer machines all appear to be completely universal in terms of gaming and power, those big power supply packs that used to be found at the end of Sony's AC cables have disappeared, as the converters have been built into the machines...or so I've heard.