FOC DINOBOTS, duo purpose for Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    IF we do end up with FOC Dinobots ( I truly believe we will) they will have will look very FOC but then again they will be very G1 (they are both Earth modes).

That being said, will FOC Dinobots be good enough or equal to having Classics Dinobots? Will they be interchangable between your FOC shelf and Classics? WIll you buy two sets (one for each shelf)?

I think once we get our FOC Dinobots that will be enough for me to have them covered for Classics. Seeing as Hasbro is really getting behind FOC I think they will be getting their own shelf in my collection and thus I will more than likely buy two sets of Dinobots.

How about the rest of you?

*edit* You can add FOC Shockwave to this Q. Just saw his pic and he fits both.

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I think as long as they look like dinosaurs in alt mode, they'll be fine for classics. However, the only way I'd buy two of any dinobot is if it's an amazing figure and I want an MISB for posterity.

3. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a better-quality Grimlock. God knows we see enough Prime/Megatron updates. Do we REALLY have to be stuck with one mediocre version of a character while a select few others get upgrade after upgrade? And let's not forget the disappointment of Animated Dinobots.

4. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

No biggie, WFC/FOC was always Classics to me. I tend to classify figures by toy line until RTS had to screw it up... then I just followed United until it screwed up too... I guess it is all subjective now. Although I do not really mind the Energon/Cybertron molds in Classics, I just do not feel like buying them because TakaraTOMY's products have been so expensive lately.

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oddly the official Club Classicverse currently casts the Dinobots as Classic Deluxe Grimlock, Classic Mini-Con Swoop, G1 Action Master Snarl, and G1 Sludge and Slag. If they FOC toys are any good though, I see no reason not to use them for a fan-made CHUG universe.

BTW - Classicverse Shockwave in the comics is just a talking head that Megatron keeps as a trophy. I wonder if you can make a pedistao for the head on this WFC toy.

Attached Files:

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The FOC Dinobots should they be made will go perfectly in my Classics and perhaps my Prime collection!

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Dinobots come out, I'll definitely include them as Classics. Same with Shockwave. The great thing about them is that they didn't have Earth modes in G1, so having a WFC alt mode doesn't matter as much.

8. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    How about just a FoC Dinobot instead?

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Not if they end up being glorified Scouts like the other FoC toys just revealed. I'll just continue crossing my fingers a third party company releases MP sized ones to go with Grimlock.

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'll take that and Grimlock and friends.

But since I don't do "classics" displays, I'll just at them in the Maximal section. Like I do will all post Beast Era beast mode Autobots.