FOC Demo so far

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AutobotJazz1, Jul 31, 2012.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

So how is everone liking the FOC demo so far? Im still downloading it from PSN so just wanted see what others think. So how is it:) 

2. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We really don't need more of these treads, but I'll just say odds are high that if you really like WFC's mp, you'll be disappointed with FOC's mp.

3. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I could tell you, if I was actually able to complete a match without getting disconnected. :mad 

4. AutobotJazz1

Bad internet connections?

5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

My complaints are with graphics and frantic nature of it... just doesn't feel right and the textures are SUPER grainy in MP. Why design a character if no one can recognize anything. But the single-player was fun

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I rarely have lag problems, and it's fun as hell. The scout is really fun, dash is always very useful if you use it right, and you'd be surprised how useful the change hands feature is.

7. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

Good multiplayer, just needs a few fixes here and there. But this game has potential. I guarantee it'll be a huge and successful game.

8. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

I really am liking it but like everyone else i think the destroyer is the harder class to play with although i have been getting a lot better with that class so far today.

9. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    loving it! the matches are chaotic on an epic scale and i love the destroyer class.. hmm maybe i have a thing for mastering the hardest class to use.. in wfc i was a pro scientist and it was my favorite.. now in FoC since destroyer is tough to use, i find myself enjoying it a lot.

10. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    To be good with the Destroyer you need to have amazing at predictive shoot and leading your target. Now it you're someone like me isn't amazing at those thing you'll get hammered by the other classes. Additionally Destroyer's weapons have such small clips and ammo reserves, most of the time you can't miss a single shot to win a battle.

For the amount of skill the Destroyer requires to be good with the payoffs are not worth it. You can get more kill with the other classes easier.

11. Forceman4077

News Credits:

That great to hear, but I'm also guessing you're really good at leading target. Am I right?

12. AutobotJazz1

Its ok. I like Scientist because im good at Aerial combat. Im unmatched in the but on the groung I suck:(  Other than that its a good game

13. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    I pretty much predict where they are going to go and fire at that spot then they run right into the explosion. lol or i just get fortunate enough to get clean hits with the riot cannon and finish with a melee.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    This demo is the deffinition of generic. Nothing in it impressed me, and when the point of the demo is to make the player want to buy the full game, this one failed miserably. It's just so bland. Nothing seems improved, the core gameplay is still generic shooter with no engaging elements and customization somehow still feels just as limited. And textures still take ike a full minute to load.

Really dissapointed.

15. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    Negativity thrives in you doesn't it. Your username suits you.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I don't see what's so wrong about saying it how it is. Especially in a thread where the OP is asking people about their opinions of MP. His opinion is just as valid as anyone else. I fail to see how a post like this, calling him out on his negativity, isn't anything more than just childish bitching about someone else opinion.

17. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I didn't think it was generic at all, I was totally impressed because it was the same game I loved but with some refined features. Sure it's not perfect but they can tweak things as we go along.

I loved War for Cybertron, it was that game's demo that sold the first game to me. Thought it was going to be another lame TF game but it was fun as hell. I don't care if some folks call it generic, what matters is the fun factor. I'm glad they didn't totally reinvent the wheel, the game was good but it needed some TLC, now it's got it and is shaping up to be another fun game.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions though, I'm happy the game is similar to the first. It was a success, or so I thought.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Calling out a bad demo for being a bad demo is negative, it's realistic.

The gamepay is standard shooter fare. No real changes. Transformation doesn't feel like a game changer, it feels just like a regular old vehicle section in a regular old shooter. We only got to sample two guns, which tells me that the variety in firearms is obviously not a selling point. The levels were generic with no really interesting aspects. Bumblebee I understand somewhat since it was the first level, but Vortex was a bore. Also it still doesn't change the technical shortcomings The voice acting is still subpar, the graphics have been minimally improved. Explosions and effects still seem unrealistic and hollow. And the movement and mechanics seem sluggish and weighed-down.

Also, negativity does not thrive in me. Once apon a time not long ago I couldn't say a bad thing about TFs, but the recent drop in quality of certain media has made me be more sensible about when something is lacking.

How does that even make sense?

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ^ just speculating, a split lip is the name of a wound, where your lip is... split. maybe he meant something like "you must get into a lot of fights" or something.

Was stupid.

20. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say "ditto" to what The Constructicon said.

EDIT - Most of the discussion has been about multiplayer so far. What did everyone think about the campaign sections of the demo?
    I really liked them. I think the teletran stores are going to be pretty cool. I like the weapon upgrades and the fact that you can see the user ratings to give you an idea if they are worth the money.

It seems like the enemy AI has improved a little. I was a little surprised that they could throw grenades half way across the map with such good accuracy! :lol 

Now the three week countdown is going to take forever!