FOC Demo: Personal pros and cons

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Grimlockimus, Jul 28, 2012.

1. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well you actually do see Soundwave and Rumble when Soundwave tells him to create an entrance. That wasn't just a name thing.

2. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree. The scientist is the worse so far. I'm enjoying the titan alot but wish his vehicle mode was quicker.

is it just me or is swapping weapons really hard and annoying ? like theres a slight delay , and god I keep transforming when I don't want too.

3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I actually love the scientist.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scientist is much better than the destroyer imo

5. Kronk994

Kronk994 Space Wolf Grey Hunter

well i love all the classes. i know earlier i put up a post but that was just a brief experience, now that im delving into the mp more and more and learning how all the classes work, im getting 7 or 8 killstreaks with a scientist because i help them, ultimately HMS is forcing us to cooperate, this is a game where you NEED to talk to people around you, you need to let this grow on you, hms say this is a game you can pickup and play, yes and no, yes its easy to learn controls but the classes each have their own way of handling any you need to color inside the lines because if you go all out without learning, your gonna have a messy drawing.

6. RipCurl

News Credits:
    I notice it says in the controller setup. left dpad is assault tech which is what we have in the demo and right dpad is utilty tech. I'm assuming clutch and stuff or possible rename for killstreaks

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Exactly, so the core game mechanics should really shine there. They don't. The point of demo levels is to impress the player and make them want to see more. I wasn't impressed and I don't want to see more. BTW, the movement as a helicopter is really awkward. The turn is so slow.

Also customization in this game is very good at all. No matter what limbs you have you will always turn into whatever the torso is. And the colour options are shit. Hope you like red and brown or red and green because those are the only combos with red they give you. Recreating characters (either from the game or in other media) is out of the question, and since noboy really likes playing as generic part-swaps I don't know why they would limit it so much.

The voicework and dialogue are still lackluster. Blast Off in particular sounds so generic and borig, and nobody seems to have any personality. And like I said, they throw around names like they expect fanboys to squeal every time they say it. And the music is kinda bland.

And what are they doing? Nothing, realy. Just fighting. Like everyone else.

That reminds me of the bit in WFC where you here Soundwave and Bumblebee's all "WAS THAT SOUNDWAVE? OPTIMUS THAT WAS SOUNDWAVE!" and I'm all "Okay, but what does that mean?"

Also literally not a single texture ever loaded on time for me.

8. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    When I said that, I meant basic controls and mechanics. Generic shooter controls. The rest of the game is supposed to be very unique.
    The reason the MP is like that is because IT'S A DEMO. The colors are going to be a lot better, we've seen pics of the colors being way better. And in the final version, each class will have an MP-only character set, i.e. Dragstrip and Quake.
    And also in the final version, we will get more part sets. Barricade, Wheeljack, Blast Off, etc.

And the only textures I've had problems with are Bruticus, Ratchet and Starscream.

Agree with you on the voices though.

9. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    What a whiney baby, the game is amazing, simple as that, please go back to playing call of duty

10. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I may not agree with Split Lip, I think he gave reasons for his criticisms and is not really being whiney. So he doesn't think the game is amazing....at least he says why.

11. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    Your quite a negative guy aren't you.

12. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, SPLIT is probably the smartest guy on the boards. He just doesn't give praise to something that doesn't deserve it.

And I agree. Show me something new in the demo. All I got was more WFC, which to me, is bad, as WFC didn't blow me away. BB's level was somewhat cool. At least the cut scenes were. Vortex's level was almost the exact same thing as the first Seeker level in WFC. And to me, I don't care about the characters. The demo should make me feel like I need to know what happens. And I don't. The gameplay was solid, but I played the exact same thing two years ago. And while some games (Arkham City most recently) didn't have to change much, I felt WFC did. And this was disappointing. Has me questioning whether to buy this Day One.

And multiplayer was terrible. They praised customization, and in all honesty it's the same thing WFC offered, which sucks.

13. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    He may be smart but the majority of his posts I've seen have never been positive.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Whoo...just got through playing the demo on PS3. No noticeable differences from the 360 version I played at my buddy's house. The levels look beautiful. Exploring Vortex's level was fantastic.

MP definitely seems like it can be fun. And as with WFC it seems the Scientist class will definitely be my favorite. Can't be to critical on this rough demo though...as improvements are on going.

That said, I will be there on 08/21 on my PS3 and PC. Hopefully they will have smoothed out some of the rough edges by then.

15. RipCurl

News Credits:
    Played a few more games and for the most part loving it.

Wish there was at least one more map though.

the orbital pistol is useless. Not even worth switching weapons
    as is the whirlwind. its so shit.

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Anyone else have a ton of trouble getting into a game? I'm not sure if it was my connection or what but I only got into one game and was quickly disconnected after I died.

I am also confused how all the lobbies work.

As for the game itself, I haven't played enough to fully decide whether I like it or not. Hopefully I can get into a few games later today.

17. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I hate the fact I have to go to work now...

18. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I am definitely having a blast! I'm liking the changes and Map. Soundtrack is boss too. My main complaints are: The annoying Vortex level, and the color options.

19. RipCurl

News Credits:
    nice little touch. if you use the starscream chest and hold the gun onm the left hand he flips left when transforming instead of right. you also have green streams if you have ally vs enemy but have purple or red if you have autobot vs decepticon on the visual settings

20. Optimus1984

Optimus1984 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    In 2 consecutive matches i have landed hard on the floor as a scout in vehicle mode and got permanently stuck under the map unable to move for the rest of the game.