FOC Demo: Personal pros and cons

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Grimlockimus, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    For those who've gotten the demo already, I'm curious to see how your views on the demo stack up, and if the pros out way the cons or not. And I'm not referring to just the Multiplayer, I'm asking for your opinions on everything.

Pros
    -The Campaign levels I got to play were fun, addicting, and very easily worth a replay for me.
    -Sprinting. I know many don't like it, but in campaign it's pretty cool. I'd rather be running down a hall towards a skirmish than casually walk.
    -The Lotto-Capsules. Just the fact that they randomly put stuff in there for you, very fun to open up.
    -HELICOPTER
    -Customization looks great, and when given all of the parts, it'll be addicting.
    -Audio Logs. I love little things like this that give more background to the levels and the story. I've listened to 4 of them from the Vortex level, and each one is interesting and very well voiced.

Cons
    -No Vehicle abilities. Not anything major, but it will be missed.
    -In Multiplayer, it's pretty much a death sentence to take on 2 guys at once. (not impossible, just very very hard)
    -Vehicle modes. Really don't see any improvements here.
    -Conquest. Sorta nitpicky, but unless I'm a jet or right next to the node, I'll be unable to reach it before it's been captured.

Let me know what you have to share, and hopefully we can send them all to HMS as feedback for the Demo :) 

2. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

I really like how in single player, the money and upgrades carry over from each time you play Vortex's level. So far, I've fully upgraded the Energon harvester, the Scatter blaster, the Assault rifle, the Path blaster, and the Scrap maker.

I really like how the upgrades change the look of the gun (THE HOSES ARE AWESOME!!!!).

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    pretty much what the OP said. plus i think the maps are over crowded with crates and stuff which makes transforming and boosting a hell of a lot harder

4. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Anything interesting from Vortex's level's Audio Logs?

I know one is Perceptor complaining about the Energon tankers, and another involves discussing what happened to Megs.

5. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    wait, where's the one that involves what happened to Megs?!

6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Dunno

What do the other two describe?

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pros:
    The campaign is going to be fun. Really enjoyed Vortex levels.
    The graphics and levels are gorgeous.
    Host Migration is good to have.
    Not many laggy matches. Maybe only 3 out of the 30 plus matches I've played.
    Sideswipe's chassis is back lol.
    Scientist seem better in this one. Really fun to play.

Cons
    The Destroyer class is useless. Fine Aiming is pointless with them since the weapons are so slow. The other 3 classes can own this class with ease. Badly needs some kind of mid to long range automatic weapon. No way to win a fire fight with this class.

Scouts. These guys take more punishment than Destroyers and Titans it seems. Scatter Blaster is so strong.

Titans weapons don't seem that strong.
    \Vehicles not having any abilities. I miss barrel rolling with the Jets, ramming with the trucks and dodging with the cars.

Limited color palette.

Game is fun. I'm hoping that some of these cons are just because it's a demo at this point.

8. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I believe underneath all the platforms toward the end of the level. I didn't realize you could even go down there until my 3rd playthrough.

9. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    cool. found it. why does Optimus sound like he doesn't know who Starscream is? he said "the one called Starscream" as if he didn't know him

10. Flaming Matrix

Maybe he doesn't. Oh wait, they encountered each other in Wildly Fried Chickens. Hmmmmm.

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I think the thing I wish this had most is vehicle abilities. Namely barrel roll for jets.

Also more/better color customization

And I wish we had access to some of the genericbots parts for customization (some of em had pretty cool heads!)

But all in all I'm really looking forward to the full game. I don't miss double jump like I did in dotm (seems to be handled better here) and I'm not quite used to switching sides on my aiming (keep forgetting about it really) but its been really fun!

12. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found another audio log. It talk about faint red lasers draining cloaking abilities, so maybe the audio log will give to tips to sections coming up.

13. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    The only vehicle ability I will miss is the barrel roll

14. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    What about the tank sudden turnaround thing?

15. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Never used it I would usualy just transform into and fight the only time I use the tank cannon is when im driving into a battle

16. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    It's useful to jump back, transform and BLAST if you run out of ammo.

And what about ram? Wait, it's still there, but harder to activate... but still.

17. Flaming Matrix

All the look of ramming, with none of the effect!

18. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Yeah, never tested it myself.

19. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Pros; the customization is a better improvement from WfC and the weapons.The idea I can give my character the heads of Tripticon and the Dinobots (beast mode) really is a beautiful thing. On WfC all you could do was is color them, which made them disappointed; this time putting the part of certain Tfs to make a new robot is the treat.

Cons: the Multi-Player indeed needs work, but then again is a demo. They won't give us the whole treatment until the game comes around.

As for certain classes been weak or useless than the others; yeah, but the idea is to make each robot unique and it's pros and cons will be determine by the parts you give them, otherwise it wouldn't be fun; that why when you fight as a team 1) stick together and 2) make your team in variety. Also, you'll be confronting people who play multi-player like crazy; so yeah, is not like the game where you fight A.I.s, in M.P., people. I played it, and despise the fact I got killed so many times it only make me want to play some more.

20. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

No vehicle abilites? Dude, that IS a real bummer..... I loved them in WFC....