FoC Demo MEGA-THREAD

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by JackWheel, Jul 29, 2012.

1. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    Just noticed that there a lot of different threads all about FOC. So it figured this could be a one-stop trip for info about the demo.

I have some questions though ;

Anyone experience Host Migration? ; How is it?

Which should I try first? Single player mission or Multiplayer ?

And, what's your favorite part about the demo?

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Host Migration is awesome! Glad to have it. I would do the campaign first. HMS said more parts are unlocked the further you get. I loved Vortex level. Very large. Bee level was nice as well. The multiplayer is a mixed bag for me. I like the Titan, Scientist, and Infiltrator classes but the Destroyer is very weak compared to them. All of his weapons are splash damagers and the splash damage isn't that great. He loses firefights with the other classes and has no long range weapon. The Infiltrator right now is very powerful. He has the best abilities and weapons.

The Scientist class is pretty good to me. His neutral assault rifle can cut just about anything down. Turret seems kind of weak. Titan could be a little stronger in my opinion. All in all it's fun. I like the dash and run for everyone. Just disappointed that the Destroyer class is so poor because I was planning on using G1 Optimus as my main so to speak online.

3. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:

Wow! Awesome response ! I'm sure High Moon Studios will adjust everything like they did in the the previous game :)  I was really hoping for some larger levels as well, I felt very confined in WFC

4. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Host migration is there, but from the admittedly few times I've experienced it, it's kinda clunky. Still, I'd rather have it than not.

I started with single player before moving onto multiplayer, like I do with most shooters. Bumblebee's mission was pretty epic and had tutorial elements without making them intrusive, and Vortex's level really shows off the AI--the combat felt really exciting and fun, and the mission is fairly open-ended. Not totally nonlinear--there are still checkpoints and such--but they're pretty far apart and you have a good amount of freedom to decide how you want to get from point A to point B.

The multiplayer has some slight balance problems--mainly in that the Destroyer class is a bit hard to use, or maybe just hard to adjust to given how the Leader class worked in WfC--but is overall really fun, and you do see a pretty good mix of classes being used, which is usually a good sign. I've been splitting my time across all four classes, and for the most part I like what I've seen in terms of how they play.

There are many more details I could get into, but that would be getting into tl;dr territory, so I'll stop here.

5. mightyspacepope

mightyspacepope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Destroyer is a lot more effective if you make sure you're attacking with your teammates. If you lone wolf it, you're screwed.

6. ArmorhideMB2

ArmorhideMB2 Well-Known Member

Just got off the demo, loving it any one waitinh play sent me a friend request on Xbox Live names the same.

7. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Host Migration annoys me, but it doesn't mess up the whole match (Unless you were in a direct battle). It pops up saying "HOST MIGRATION" and then you get a loading screen, then the same intro screen that lists all the players while overviewing the map in the background, then you reappear in the same spot with the same stats in the same form.
    Anyway, play Bumblebee's level first. For some reason, I LOVE IT!!! It's just awesome because it's not battling constantly. A lot of the time you don't even have your weapon out.
    My favorite part is the MP although.

8. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    Would it annoy you more though if it popped up saying "The host has quit, the game will now end"?

9. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    But thats what Host Migration is ? Even in COD it's like that. It's 19x more convenient than having to quit the match. And thanks, I will play Bumblebees level for sure !
    Couldn't agree more !