Foc combaticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grunge, Sep 10, 2012.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    If see these in a store id be smart to get all five at once right? Instead of 1 at a time? Or should I buy online for the inflated price?

When I was a kid I got my g2 combaticons 1 by 1 and to this day still do not own onslaught. Learning from my mistake id figure id ask your opinions.

2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I was a kid, I got the constucticons one by one and never got Scrapper. Never had a complete Devastator. If I see the Combaticons at retail, I will get all five at once. I'm hoping to be able to give them to my son for Christmas.

3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

If you're planning on getting all five anyway, and you see all five... get them. They are each packed one to a case, which essentially means every single one is shortpacked (... yes, yes, technically impossible but you know my point).

You did see the G2 version, yes? It's cheaper, cuts out the worry about not finding all the parts, and seems like it would be more nostalgic for you: BBTS Shared Exclusive - G2 Bruticus Set - Transformers 2010 - 2012 Transformers Exclusives

As a matter of opinion I also think it's the best looking deco for him, but that's entirely subjective.

4. philipjreed

philipjreed Well-Known Member

That's my plan. I have the Amazon exclusive set on pre-order but I still want the retail versions. And I was tempted at SDCC by that exclusive . . . until I saw the box. How was I ever going to get that home on the plane?

5. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i DID indeed see the g2 version! and when it was on amazon i didnt have the cash to get it. but hoho whats this? i can still get!? why thank you! come friday it shall be mine

also, i do agree best deco for him.

hey whats the difference between the retail release and the SDCC? they looked the same to me.

6. philipjreed

SDCC is different coloring. I think SDCC is meant to be more game-accurate.

I like the look of the retail colors. Very bright and toy-like quality.

7. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    you have many options to complete the set, but it is better to get them all at once and just bite the bullet.

My TF collecting was re-sparked this winter when I came across my old G2 devastator and come to find out I didn't pick up a yellow scavenger, I had an orange one. I just bought a yellow one to complete the look for cheap. I suppose I didn't buy them all back then, but I also have no recollection of ever buying them

8. Soundwinder

SDCC: In-game colors, loosely based on G1.
    Retail: Colors based on Energon Bruticus Maximus
    Amazon/BBTS: G2 Bruticus
    Wreckers: Colors based on RiD Ruination.

Before someone chimes in, retail Onslaught is actually more accurate than SDCC Onslaught. SDCC Onslaught is designed to be accurate as a torso (and this also differentiates him from the retail version, since Energon Barricade had the same colors as G1 Onslaught).

9. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I'd wait for the routinely rebates that goes around here right when new stock pops up then pounce on all five...

FOC just hit TRU here and bam 25% right off the bat! Same thing with TFP FE stuff including voyagers. 30%-40% off. Same thing when trilogy prime came out. 30% off. TFP RID waves were the same. etc. etc. etc.

10. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    Wait ... wreckers? Please aware me as I feel out of loop! Ill get ruination With scourge come holiday time!

11. Soundwinder

12. philipjreed

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You could have mailed it. I've known people who had to mail things from a con to their house because airport security can be pretty insane with what they will flag as dangerous weapons.

14. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I don't intend to screw over any local collectors, but I only plan on buying Blast Off and Onslaught. Sorry in advance!

15. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I bought Scrapper first. It took me about 3 months to track down the others. I never had any problems completing the combiners back then.

Brooklyn and Bronx NY collectors had better buy Blast-Off before I get there! I'm army building him because he looks like the FOC generics.

16. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits: