Minor/Repaint: FOC Cliffjumper with Fakebusker83's Rock shooter head and shrapnel caster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Irish Carnage, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    Hey all, like the title says this my Fall of Cybertron Cliffjumper with Fakebusker83's Rock shooter head and Shrapnel caster.
    I used the WFC Cliffjumper mold so no painting was needed on the toy itself, this was a very lazy custom but also it does so much for the figure. I got the rock shooter head printed in Frosted ultra detail, which is reccommended by fakebusker83 and it really works well, this a link to the one I got:

Rock Shooter.

I really cant reccommend this head enough. It's super easy to fit the new head, just pop off the old one and pop on the new one. The paint I used was testors acrylic red gloss which I sprayed on with my airbrush and testors acrylic gloss black which I handpainted. The pictures dont show it all too well but I painted his eyes gloss blue.
    Onto his gun, I really dont like the stock weapon for cliffjumper. The gun itself is ok but it doesnt say cliffjumper to me so I got Fakebusker83's shrapnel caster, more specifically I got the Fireteam secession set. A link to both the individual gun and set I got are as follows.

Shrapnel Caster Fireteam Set

I printed the weapons in White strong flexible. For the gun itself I just sprayed it matt black and added some testors acyrlic aluminium and gloss red. I wanted to give the effect that the gun is coming directly out of cliffjumper's arm as depicted in the game. Whether I achieved that or not I dont know but I'm happy with the end result nevertheless.
    I havent included any alt mode pictures because there has been no change to it whatsoever. The new head fits the same way as the old head.

Feel free to leave some comments and constructive criticism is always welcome.

Attached Files:

2. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    That came out really nice mate! I was wondering how all FB's rock shooter would look when painted up and on a body :) 

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good job man.

4. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great job in matching the head's red to the body...Accurate colour positions too. I especially liked that you chose to paint the face darker instead of using regular silver or gray. It makes him look difference but yet makes both the head and body fit together.

Too bad you didn't get to take a shot of the eyes lit up. I'd love to see how effective the light piping is.

Nice. :thumb 

Edit: If I may offer a slight critique...now I feel the silver on the scatter blaster looks slightly out of place given how tight the colour scheme is on the head+body. Maybe a subtle dark wash to tie the black and silver would make the colours on the gun look more natural instead of 'painted on'.

5. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    Thanks for the advice. I was a bit hesitant initially to put silver on the gun because there is none on cliffjumper but at the same time I didnt want a bland looking gun. I'll give your idea a go and see how it turns out. I realise from the pictures that the silver on the barrel shows up a lot brighter in the pictures.

6. simonatmac

simonatmac The stop motion maker

Ebay:
    HereĀ“s mine:[​IMG]

Attached Files: