FOC chapter XIII alternative endings?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by scoobsterinc, Jun 29, 2012.

1. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    In the new achivments there are two achivments called till all are one (optimus) and till all are on (megatron) and this is what they say:

Till All Are One (Megatron) - Complete Chapter XIII as Megatron

Till All Are One (Optimus) - Complete Chapter XIII as Optimus Prime

This suggests both megatron and optimus are playable on one of the levels most likely the last level so if this is what is going happen when the game is released does this mean there will be two endings?What are your thoughs on this?

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatever the outcome, be sure to make a save before you start chapter 13 to save you time on getting these trophies;) 

3. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Couldnt you just replay the start of the chapter (or the end of the chapter before it) and change to prime/megatron or has FOC changed that?

4. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might not be 2 separate endings, maybe you play as Optimus leading up to the final part, then play as Megatron getting to the final part...

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Possibly. I don't know how the game is set up, but however it's set up. Will we play as Optimus and having the option to switch to Megatron or remain as Optimus or vise versa? Or are you going to start and finish the chapter as either Optimus or Megatron? Whatever the set up, the trophy won't pop until after the mission has been completed.

I remember unintentionally getting the wrong trophy in InFamous during one of those moral choice moments (good or evil). I was playing through as a hero and accidentally saved the wrong person towards the end of the game, I realized just before the cutscene began that I had saved the wrong person, and before the cutscene ended I ended the mission so that I could restart, to my surprise I got an evil trophy before the the title screen loaded--I completed enough of the mission to get the trophy. I later tested this on InFamous 2 and this trick still works--it is possible to do much of the game (good and evil) on one play through with a few clean up missions that absolutely have to be done as good or evil only.

FOC may not be set up like this, but if you don't want to repeat the whole chapter over again, it may be possible to restart a check point after being awarding one trophy to go after another, but time will tell.

Whatever the case, I plan to play this game several times (story and multiplayer), so I really don't care how it works out.

6. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Maybe but I think it might just be the whole chapter and if its the last chapter it will be the story of prime/megatron in the first level (where you play bee)

So in simple there might be 3 types of missions on the arks launch one will be bee's (first mission) primes (last mission guess) and megatron (the same mission as prime)

7. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that they have alternate endings, one ending leading to Transformers Prime, few Autobots, and many Decepticons. One ending leads to an unknown event.

One ending to please Hasbro, and Prime fanboys, one ending to please everyone else.

8. Bumblebot

Bumblebot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there were alternate endings, maybe when you beat the stage as Megatron, it might show the Ark getting destroyed and the Decepticons victorius.

9. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Two endings, could very well be. Either the autobots or the decepticons got the upperhand leading to the next journe after the event of FOC. Or they both going the same way.

10. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I see it as this: Choose your character. If Optimus- Your goal is to defeat Megatron and Megatron runs away before the fatal blow. If Megatron- Your goal is to defeat Optimus. As you are about to kill him Optimus does some trick to give himself the upper hand and Megatron runs away. Same ending, just two different ways of reaching it.

11. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I think its a chapter 13 part a and part b. First half as megs and then a part b shifting to the player being prime beating megs. Achievements appear for completing 13a as megs, and 13b as prime, then final cutscene and credits.

12. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No cause the trophy says you have to complete chapter 13 as the character. Your definitely going to be able to choose.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we're getting two endings too, a false one and a true one or two separate endings that compliment each other. If there is only one ending, however, Megatron's ending is likely to be the real one--I think FOC is the TESB of the Transformers universe.

14. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I hope it has alternate endings, and it probably will be, because it is rare where a boss battle ends with your character losing after winning technically.

15. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
  16. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
  17. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    Either there are 2 endings or something happens out of both Megatron & Optimus's power meaning that the same ending could happen on whatever character you pick.

Example: Wormhole closing on ship, splitting it in half and separating both sides from each other.

18. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Maybe it'll just be the same except from different views. Now that would be cool.

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Thats what he just said...

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I lol'd.