FOC Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by stef17, Aug 3, 2012.

1. stef17

stef17 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! I would like some input and opinions on something. recently i pre-ordered the G2 colors FOC Bruticus off Amazon. Then, when watching both the reviews that are upon Youtube, I learned that the figures have alot of tabs that seem weak and could break. I'm totally crazy about the condition of my figures, and I really don't want Bruticus to not be able to combine bcause of some tabs.I'm also kinda worrried about the strength of the connector ports. If anyone has the SDCC release and could let me know how strong they think the tabs and ports are and if they'll stand up to long-term use, or has expereince with a figure with a similar issue, it would be much appreciated, because at this point, that's what im basing my purchase on. Thanks!

2. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was transforming one of the guys shortly after opening mine and one of the tabs broke. That's the first time I have had a tab break on a transformer. I couldn't get the tab to pop out so I might have a been a little too rough with it, I don't know. None of the other tabs have been an issue. The "connector ports" seem pretty sturdy though. I don't think they would break very easily.

FYI, the broken tab does not effect it's combining ability in any way.

3. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    hes a cool figure in many aspects...but honestly he feels like a giant power core combiner! wobbly and difficult to pose.if you have one of those youll know what im talking about..I honestly feel hasbro has forgotten how to make combiners just my opinion..i have sturdy shelves and glass display cases for my collection and they are doing heavy constuction and paving on my entire street..went to the toy room the other day,energon bruticus with fans-project add ons perfect,hercules perfect,in fact everything seemed to be fine except for sdcc bruticus on the floor in pieces..so yeah it is what is hes not broken but not sturdy either..

4. stef17

stef17 Well-Known Member

what exactly were you doing? and also, yeah i know, but then the figure may not be able to transform properly, depending what tab was broken :( 

5. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

G1 limbs were essentially blocks with no articulation whatsoever! Are there flaws with foc bruticus? Yes! But we have 5 new tfs which can be posed decently that also combine into a giant not.
    Like most generations figures these guys are an improvement over the original.

6. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's one of the two tabs on Swindle that connects the top two halfs together. I couldn't see how they were tabbed in and they weren't coming apart. I haven't had any trouble with transforming him either.