FOC Bruticus: PLEASE BE A BOXSET.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Feb 4, 2012.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I hope it a box set. So I don't have to hunt if the store is missing one or two. I am planing on buying all at once.

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I wonder if FoC Bruticus deserves his own megathread by this point.

3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Boxset would be awesome.

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I have a strong feeling it will be a box set.

Lots of people have been saying there will only be a total of 8 FOC-themed Generations deluxes, and usually Hasbro doesn't include Box Sets for counts like that, so it would free up space for Megatron, Starscream, Cliff, Ironhide, and Grimlock (IF Grimlock is made Deluxe, if he isn't, it should be an aeriealbot or something) if they made Combaticons into a Box Set.

Although, of course, I don't support the theory that there will only be 8 FOC toys.

5. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Either or, I feel for this figure I will just preorder it online, I'd rather not deal with a constant search.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I plan on pre-ordering so I don't have drive around looking like mad for one limb. So I could go box set or individual since I know I need to save up for them.

From what we've seen so far I can't say it would totally break my heart if I ended up one short because the robot modes look nice enough to display on their own. Although I've got my fingers crossed it will not be too hard to get the whole team. Just sort of a fan of teams beyond just the general Autobots or Decepticons.

7. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Box set would be nice, but I'd bet money that the box set will appear afterwards, once the figures have been rolled out over a few waves individually. I suspect we will see something like an Optimus, Shockwave, Onslaught, Swindle wave followed by a Jazz and the rest second wave with the box set a TRU or Walmart exclusive for Chirstmas.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Barring amazing distribution if they were sold individually individually, I would also prefer a box-set. Yeah, it would be one expensive set, but it'd be worth getting them all at one time. Also, already selling them in the format of a box-set helps the chances of a group repaint of them. Cause even after getting Bruticus, I would still buy a Ruination repaint of the set.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I hope the molds used are actually separate though, if he is a box set, so we can get other combiners from it. It's not a stretch of the imagination to think Onslaught could also be Hot Spot, and the core of Defensor.

10. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    box set!! instesad of single package! meaning if you have all4 but needed the last one and thers none online or in store then your screwed!! my plan is to buy it on line the whole thing who cares what comes in the generation/foc line all i want is bruticus!!!

11. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I hope it's released individually so I can buy it piece by piece, so I'm not blowing a ton of money at once. Plus, if I don't get them all, I still have the individual combaticons. I don't know why people care more for the combiner than the individual characters.

12. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Well we do care for an individual character... It's just that the character in question is Bruticus. (kidding)

13. mk1138

mk1138 Member

Funny Hasbro saying distro was an issue, especially since the last three combiners I bought were a boxed set...

14. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'll just leave what I posted in the other thread about this in response to your post:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...biners-impossible-oh-wait-12.html#post7225385

I'll be ordering these online without a doubt to avoid the frustration of the hunt and coming up short.

A store exclusive boxset is likely in the future, but I honestly hope that isn't the case. There will be massive amounts of nerdrage over the fact that it's a Target, Wal-Mart or (even worse) TRU exclusive. It's happened in the past with the Energon combiner sets and it will absolutely happen again...

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Boxsets are for wimps. My opinion is that Generations was the best place to dedicate the slots for inidividually packed combiner team members. Because the market generations aims for will be interested in collecting them all. I also like that they are acknowledgeing people have Soundwave, Bumblebee, and Megatron from the previous war for cybertron generations. Only a collector line would make that assumption and gain ground to the more obscure right away.

Its like the other collector focused hasbro line in marvel legends build a figure. Such a ironic parallel. That our old scramble city system can trump it by actually having the figures themselves build the super beast.

Also if kids only like one or two of the vehicle decepticons rather than the full combiner. Its much easier to sell cyber tanks to parents at that pricepoint than the boxset pricepoint.

Everybody wins this way.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Why promote it in Game Informer then? Does GI and Comic Con even have that deep of a business relationship? GI and E3 indeed but not SDCC.

If it was a repaint then perhaps.

Hasbro would want all the $$$ they could get out of this combiner so odds are they're going to release this in retail and strike while the iron is hot. So it will definitively be released this year and it will be definitely be around the release of the actual game.

17. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yah man,don't wish to buy individual carded,very troublesome

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's because in the past the vehicle modes would look pretty good and the combiner mode would look pretty good but the individual robot modes often left a lot to be desired. Better to display a nice looking combiner than the individual robots.

This time Hasbro seems to have picked up their game and I'm honestly not sure which is the best way to display them, as individuals or as a combiner. Of course this could just be an evil plan by Hasbro so fans will buy two sets.

19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I don't care how, just get them to market.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    THIS!!!

Boxset? Cool one stop shopping

Individual card? Cool more to hunt and a bigger sense of accomplishement and excitement when it comes time to merge and form Bruticus.

Either way just make sure they hit retailers in full saturation.

Pimp the shit out of this bitch!