FOC Bruticus: PLEASE BE A BOXSET.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I am surprised that more people are not talking about this. With all the problems surrounding distribution and the like, it may be difficult for one to amass all of the Combaticons if they are released separately. That is why I am hoping Hasbro is releasing them as a boxed set.

One of the reasons Hasbro has probably been leery about combiners is the fact that one has to gather all the pieces to make it separately, and sometimes, you won't be able to find the last piece you need, etc. I predict a LOT of scalping coming out of this if they are separate.

Also, if the are released in a wave together, they could either completely revise the case structure as 10 toys per, and have 2 of each, or leave it as 8 and give us 2 of each Combaticon, with the fifth in another Wave, or leave it as eight and have on Combaticon shortpacked, with a case revision for the shortpacked one later.

Either way, I don't predict anything good of them being released separately. It's a combiner, and you want to get all the pieces at once. This is better for parents, fans, and pretty much everyone.

So please, FOC Bruticus NEEDS to be a boxset. I know I am panicking as that might have been the plan all along, but I really hope that Hasbro doesn't give us a swift kick in the nuts and make this amazing toy and piece of TF history impossible to complete.

2. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

I second this!

3. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I still feel that there is a certain satisfaction in hunting down individual components... There's a kind of beauty in that.

But... yeah, a boxset would be fine too.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    With combiners you need to work with a 1:1 ratio. It will be suicide for this project if Hasbro releases all 5 figures in a wave and then 3 more to finish the set of 8. You are going to have pegwarmers of pieces that have no other pieces to accompany it.

Hasbro mentioned in the past that the problem with combiners was distribution(so people claim but I still don't buy it). I get the feeling we are either going to see a box set, the figures released in two or three waves in equal numbers OR an entire new way of distributing waves...as mentioned maybe 10 packs instead of 8.

I personally vote boxset because
    1. Box sets are generally cheaper
    2. I hate having some combiner pieces and not the complete thing. It's torture, go read the megathread, look how hard that was for everyone. lol
    3. One successful hunt and FOC Bruticus is mine.

5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I sure hope they're all sold together. Otherwise, scalpers would make getting a full set a potentially expensive nightmare. Given how Hasbro's sold most recent combiners, I wouldn't be surprised if they're sold in a box set.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone thinking that a box set will just be one of this year's SDCC exclusives? It's crossed my mind already.

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I'll take it either way.

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wouldnt mind released individually and a box set repaint of some sort.

9. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ha. Already a mention of scalpers. Nothing in generations has been hard to pick up once the retail stores stocked them. I dont really think any of the FOC will be hard to find.

10. bad karma 99

bad karma 99 Imaginationist.

That's exactly how I feel about this. It needs to be a box set, or at least come as a box set for a store exclusive, along with individuals seeing mass distribution. They might see the price as the problem with releasing it as a box set though, it would most likely be at least 60 dollars.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    This is what I'd put my money on, especially given that a mass released box set would likely shelfwarm like crazy outside of the holidays, but we'll see. :) 

12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ideally they could time it so a box set is released around the holidays at some point. More sales for a bigger item like that. Also depends on the price point.

13. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well if each of em are like 13 US, multiply that by 4 and then add 23 for either a voyager... and then you have a safe bet of how much it'd cost to get em all separate. That's a price point of 75. If they're all deluxes, then you get a starting point of 65.

Then when you group em together, you just deduct whatever you want from that, maybe something like 60/50 or 50/40 if we're lucky?

14. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Hasbro seems to understand the inherent distribution problems that will arise with the combiner if they were sold individually. Looking at the two figures we've seen, they seem to be that odd in-between of Scout and Deluxe like the two-pack Prime Optimus, which is probably perfect combiner limb size for a multi-pack.

My biggest worry is that it'll be Toys R Us exclusive.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Id be down for a box set if you just avoid the frustration of trying to find that last one figure you need to make Bruticus.

16. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Maybe one or the other could be Ruination...

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

If it's a boxset, that means it's been engineered with all the others together. Makes things a bit more solid. Also, they don't have to deal with deluxe piece counts, or ANY piece counts actually, for the individuals, and characters that don't need much engineering can be simpler, and their engineering is handed off to the one that needs it most.

Also, I don't think it WILL shelfwarm. Because, like everything, if you advertise it's five in one, that makes it appear like there is more value there. Make it cheaper than five individual deluxes and there you go. Makes it appealing to parents as it has a lot of functionality. Vehicles, robots, combined. One of the first TFs I got was RID Megatron because my dad used the logic "Don't you want something with SIX modes rather than two?" And it's one of my favourite toys even today.

Also, if there is a repaint of the entire set at some point that would be cool too. It could fill Hasbro's combiner quota each year I suppose.

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Here's the voice of reason. Listen to it.

19. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yep.

I'm just going off of what I see in stores, and for the most part, boxsets cater to a very small market for 10 months out of a year because of size & cost, while separate stuff appeals to everyone for those reasons. You're definitely right about all of the charcters not needing to be as good if sold as part of a pack (aka, how power rangers sell crap legs with alright arms & a good body), but right now I'm just gonna wait & find out what comes.

20. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Mr. America

Wouldn't a box set be cheaper than buying all the individual components? I'm thinking it would be if you take taxes into account.