FoC Bruticus Hate

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Aug 8, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Also, why are we pitting three robot combiners against Scramble City?

I mean, they're not exactly analogous.

2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    The funny thing is, I think the hate comes from those who didn't get him at the SDCC or HTS.

To say playability is better on G1 or these other figures is a joke. The mistransformations make him look tons better and better proportioned. The individual modes are great as they are. The articulation which leads to playability is tons better then any combiner still mentioned.

I for one am honest about my figures. I have bashed plenty of my figures.

I just think it's funny that when people don't own the figure they comment on it as if they did, judging things like playability. Just for the fact that you can mistransform this guy to make him look better adds to playability. I spent more time fussing with him, then a lot of other TFer I have.

Is he my favorite, no. But the hate on him is rediculous. I think people should own or at least play with one without hating or commenting on things like playability. How do you know how playable it is, if you haven't played with it?

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    RAAAARRRRRR! EVERYONE SHOULD AGREE ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!!!! :rolleyes2 

Some people just flat out don't like Bruticus, simple as that. I'll take the Energon combiners any time before FoC Bruticus. The Combined modes aren't that great but neither is Bruticus. At least theEnergon toys' seperate robots are great deluxes and scouts. The FoC Combaticons look flat out terrible in poorly designed alternate modes and most of their robot modes look bad as well.

Rail Racer was designed over ten years ago and completely tears this thing to shreds. Granted it was only a three toy combiner but I'd think it would be EASIER to make a combiner that has one toy for the body and four other toys to make the arms and legs. I'm no engineer of course, so it's all conjecture on my part.

I can beg and plead for something I want and if I finally get it it doesn't mean I have to LIKE the way it turned out. I can "combine" all the turds from my cats' litter box, but that means its a great toy because it combines, right?

And of course it all just comes down to personal preference. My reasons are MY reasons, which is MY opinion and MY opinion alone (it's pathetic anyone has to use that qualifier because a lot of posters here take a different opinion as personal attack...which is not meant directly at the OP by any means.)

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Airachnid. Airachnid renders that argument invalid.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I will agree that Rail Racer is one hell of a gorgeous combiner but he is 3 pieces and all bullet trains. Buildteam? Only 4 but he has his faults, no humanoid hands and feet.

I think Bruticus (especially in SDCC "game accurate" colours) is a great step beyond Energon and PCC combiners. Is he perfect? NO but do you really think Hasbro took a risk on this figure and gave it a high budget? I think it got a bare bones budget to test the waters. If this does well and Hasbro returns to combiners we will see a lot better.

He is no where near as bad as people carry on about. Personally I think most of the hate comes from bitter fans who couldn't score the proper colour set (stupid move Hasbro) . I think future combiners will be better and hey, let them practice on the FoC line so when it is time for Classic Combiners we will get real gems.

I agree with Al 100% this combiner just doesn't photograph well, he looks leaps and bounds better in hand.

6. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best to date... RailRacer JRX takes that cake. clostly followed by well quite a few others

but in recent years sure its ok. I think the problem is that their are no pics of the toy looking good yet

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    To me, it's not.

I personally like G1 everything more then anything new. But I could say that as modern toys, new stuff is better then old.

But I enjoy G1 much more then anything new.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I'm not mad that I didn't get him. I didn't even bother camping the forums and HTS, waiting for the thing to become available. I knew better than to do that.

9. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    he's not all that disproportional. when combined, Onslaught looks a hell of a lot bigger in hand than in pics. could he use a voyager upgrade? sure. but he's not really that small. the others are just big. and Alucard's right. he's really awesome in hand, he just doesn't photograph well. now i'm not saying he's perfect but he deserves a shit load more respect than what people are giving him

and you can say whether you like him or not without calling the thing a piece of steaming dog shit or saying "fuck you! this Bruticus is the best damn thing to ever come into existence!" just give your opinion of whether you like it or not, maybe what you don't like about it, why, and move on. to each their own

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Also, yeah, when did Landfill become a shining example of engineering? The guy has trucks for legs and wonky-ass arms. His proportions are freaky deaky. And the weapons are a joke.

And Magnaboss/Tripledacus: Why are you here?

11. Alucard77

News Credits:
    True, true, true.

But, with arachnid you can see she has no ball joints. She is just a POS.

With this guy, from the reviews you can see how much he can pose, etc.

12. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Because they're awesome and you know it.

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't have any version of him in hand yet, so I can't comment too much. I will say that from the various pictures, videos, and review threads he seems like a decent figure. I can't honestly say I've seen so much of the hate you speak of.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Landfill is a pretty good combiner. It doesn't look nearly as awkward as Bruticus, but that's not going to stop me from getting the latter. I can't really pass firm judgement on the set as I don't own it, but I've always disliked the arm set-up and I doubt that'll change once I get it in-hand

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Right.

When some one here wrote the Combaticons, I almost fell off my chair. Those look like balls. Most people bought that set with the hopes that FP would save that set.

Yes, Bruticus' default transformation looks like shit. But tweak here and there and he is 10x better looking then what people are throwing out there.

Also, I should have been clear about combiner. 5 or more.

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Bruticus has potential. I don't think it's a piece of shit, but it does need tweaking.

17. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. I mean, Magnaboss is basically a katamari of three animals with arms and legs. He doesn't come near the definition of what we're debating here. So is Tripledacus.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figured I'd have to open this thread when I got G2 Bruticus. I can't say anything really till I get the figure in hand but I do think that people seem a little overly critical of this guy. Like, I KNOW what my expectations are, and I can tell when people have them higher than mine.

There are things I would critique about every figure and the combined mode, from photos, but that doesn't stop me from admiring the hell out of the engineering involved to get a Scramble City Combiner with no kibble (in the literal sense) and individual figures that look pretty damn cool to me overall. Also, from someone who had JRX, got fed up with it, and traded it, this looks more posable, more full of character, and more fun IMHO.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I actually Kind of like Airachnid - even with terrible arms terrible weapons and being tiny she's got a fairly decent head - I see her like some of those Also-Ran Beast Wars toys like Transquito that don't quite work right - but I salute a brave attempt.

I do kind of like Swindle out of the FOC Combiner but the rest fail to impress me much.

And to be controversial I'd even say that some Powercore Combiners showed a great feeling of balance and sense of design integriity. (for all their many production faults) - The Iron Arms third party add on seems to show up the basic torso are often not actually that bad once you have some decent arms and legs to stick on them - Heavy Tread is an especially good toy - and like the Energon Combiners it's also a really good stand-alone scout toy in them too.

I suppose the most polite I could get about FOC Bruticus is the Vehicles "Do the Job" of looking like Cybertronian Modes fairly OK.

If they make the Protectobots I hope they have more solidity to them - even if they are more costly to allow this.

20. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Definately. I actually think a lot of the fun comes from how you can tweak him around.

Each figure, while hollow as some one else said, are great on their own.

But hollow syndrome should just be expected from Hasbro now. So each individual figure is as good if not better then most of Hasbro's recently released stuff.

But then they have a third mode! That is pure win.