FoC Bruticus Hate

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    OK, so I don't get you people. Forever I have been reading on how you want a combiner that is made of all Deluxe or bigger sized figures.

So we finally get one, and everyone and their mother hates on it. I know people are spoiled by 3rd party combiners, but those cost anywhere from 6x-10x the cost of FoC Bruticus (depending which one you get).

TBH, he is the best combiner Hasbro has done to date. Is it anywhere close to how good 3rd Party combiners are? No, not by a long shot. But name another combiner that Hasbro did that is better?

G1 combiners are nice, but if they came out today, people would bitch and bitch about how there is no articulation, how they are all scout or less in size and so on. Yeah, they would even bitch about Predaking, due to limited articulation. (People are still waiting for CrazyDevy to give him thighs).

The Energon/whatever combiners also sucked balls and looked 10x more horrible then Bruticus. Plus, it was only 3 figures.

So while I understand people wanting Hasbro to be as good as TFCC in making combiners, I don't understand the hate on Bruticus. Will you guys ever be satisified? I mean with Mistransformations the guy looks great.

TJ, take a good damn picture of the mother fucker already. I mean he looks good in hand, but doesn't photograph well, so maybe you can do something for him.

On a side note, the individual figures are also pretty damn sweet. As good as any other FoC figures. But they combine damn it!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    "The best combiner Hasbro has done to date" is a huge stretch. I think Tripredacus is the best, or perhaps Rail Racer.

This one is better that a lot of them, I agree.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  3. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    I agree with Rail Racer. Blows this thing out of the water.

5. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

I generally agree that Bruticus gets bashed more than the mold deserves, all things taken together (e.g., good standalone design, switchable limbs).

My only major complaint/wish would be for Onslaught to have been voyager sized.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I do not have one as of yet so i am withholding judgment until i get the G2 dudicus I have on preorder from amazon.

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I don't own rail racer, but does he have the amount of articulation as Bruticus? If not, then this tops it right there.

OK, just saw a review. First off, it's 3 figures. Second, the bot mods look shitty. Third off, articulation is better on Bruticus.

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Best combiner" my ass. Rail Racer easily takes that crown.

People wanted some decent combiners. Not a pile of miss proportioned junk.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    No Constructicon Maximus is better. So is JRX and The Build Team.

And so are all of the 80's ones by a huge margin, Having some joints does not make them feel or look like good toys. The Seacons have more playability than this toy does.

And not to forget all those things an Optimus Combines with most of them are better too - often a lot better.

It's rushed ; tiny a bit ill balanced and cheap looking - it's an OK bit of filler but in no way is it something I feel the Fandom's 'been waiting for'.

And something else that is better is most of the combining toys from the 80's that are not Transformers and quite a few Power Rangers Megazords too.

Basically it's cheap and tacky - and the only reason people want to brag about it is they got the SDCC version 1st - if more people had the retail one first the shouting about how poor it is would be much louder still I feel.

I hope if they decide to take a go at something with a Beast or Earth Mode they do a much better job next time. and the deluxe as a torso really does it no favours either.

10. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If this were style Brut would get booed off a runway.

He looks like a walking junkheap that the PCC line grew into after being watered.

My opinion. Others like him and that's fine but they really need to start thinking more about the final combined bot design instead of how they all go together and the head design.

The plus side is now customizers have ports that can scavenge and with HotSpot Voyager here I expect to see many a defensor custom.

11. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Exactly. Onslaught looks so tiny when he's wearing his big boy legs.

I'd buy a 3rd party Voyager Onslaught, or add-ons for Classics Onslaught.

12. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Well, here's some of my pics. I like the figures themselves, and the combined mode looks good, but the arms just bug me with their length, and I'm not a fan of the look from the "fixes." The only thing that annoys me otherwise, is their hollowness, but appearance-wise, they look great, from the front.

Bruticus/Combaticons

13. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Well, there's a lot of people who just like to be discontented is all. This thread is honey to them.

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'd honestly rather just have brick partsforming G1 Bruticus but looks decently proportioned rather than FoC Bruticus, who has more articulation and self contained, but looks like a mess in combined mode. FoC Bruticus looks awkward in any pose you put him in anyway.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    More, not that it matters. Who says articulation is the end-all defining factor for combiners?

16. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Magnaboss Tripredacus and Railracer are all amazing combiners. I've not messed with Bruticus yet, but just going by how cohesive the combined mode looks, those older three are far superior.

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I like it enough to buy it once it comes out but this is after months of hating the thing. After seeing some decent pics from folks that actually know how to pose their figures I started warming up to it and have decided to give it a try.

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Would Omega Prime and Sonic Wing Mode Optimus be made up enough characters to count as combiners?

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Don't own Bruticus yet, but I'd hardly call it the best combiner Hasbro/Takara has done to date. I'd like to think that G1 Predaking, RID Rail Racer, and RID Landfill are still better than this.

20. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'm more impressed by most the G1 combiners. At least they have an excuse for their shortcomings being 25+ years old with the technology they had available at the time.

And cost isn't a valid reason as to why 3rd Party combiners are better. They cost what they do because it's the nature of small run, 3rd Party figures sold through profit whoring online retailers. If Hercules was a 100,000+ run line sold at brick and mortar stores, he wouldn't cost anywhere near what he does either.